Black Desert

I look at it as Kind of a 3d Diablo with boss scrolls and afk fishing, I dont Mind the Gear grind since the zerker combat is fun. Gonna play till endgame and try to find a decent pvp guild. The actual Black Desert Part has me interested as well kinda reminds me of the desert planet in swg, we will see.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
CBT2 Patch Notes

Penalties increase based on your Karma range as follows.

300,000 to 150,000

150,000 to 0

0 to -500,000

-500,000 to -1,000,000

Penalties for PvE deaths.

Crystal Breaking

Losing Enchant levels of equipped items when you have negative karma.

Experience Loss

Penalties for PvP deaths.

Increased risk of crystals breaking.

Experience Loss.

Penalties for death in general.

Guards may attack you in towns when you have negative karma.

Random respawn locations when you have negative karma to prevent low karma players from being repetitively killed/camped.

Durability Loss

Attacking a player who has positive karma will cost you 3,000 karma.

Killing a player who has positive karma will cost you 60,000 karma.

Attacking a player who has negative karma will cost you 0 karma.

Killing a player who has negative karma will cost you 0 karma.

Maximum karma is 300,000.

Blackwulf

N00b
Blackwulf it is a very very pretty sandbox game. But the sandbox is padded, corralled, and limited in what you can do. Combat is fun if you like the class and how it plays but you had best really really love combat. Is it worth playing. In my mind yes, but it is of limited scope. Blade and soul has more "Game" to it, Black Desert has more lets throw this against the wall and see what happens.

It does have some neat ideas with the nodes and guild ability to hold them, but I have zero clue just how deep it is or will go.
Okay, thanks for the info. Anyway to get into this today? Or us late-comers gotta wait for release?

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Release date is March, 3rd and depending on what pack you preordered there's a 24, 48 and 96 hours headstart period. And as if you should buy this game or not, it's up to you. I personally won't buy it because I think its combat gameplay is boring and dumb, PvP has too many safeguards and I just can't imagine myself spending my time AoE-grinding packs of 30 mobs, waiting for the next castle zerg siege.

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Looks like Microtransactions are more and more targeted towards specific groups that are willing to pay a premium for their items, as long as they feel that they are relatively uncommon. They probably have data on how much revenue they would lose if they make costumes more expensive, same for Mount-skins, weaponskins etectera. Or maybe not and they are just out of their minds.

Dunno, looks like a lot of FTP or BTP games thrive because of the whale-market(like GW2, that by now looks like a regularVenetian Carnival).

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Well, I can say that I sort of like this game, which is good because I already bought it.

Now my problem is the class I really wanted isn't in game yet. Should I level Tamer on release to get weapon skilled up for when Kunouchi gets released?

Also, you don't get to see/use the preorder bonus items in beta correct?

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone got a Tamer past the summons of the pet? Is it permanent? Does it Compare with Wow Beastmaster pet or more of an EQ Enchanter Fire and forget? I think you need 20 for the pet summon but I am having issues grinding to 20+ on a second class when it is going to be wiped in like a day and a half.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Witch has been a blast, will definitely be playing that at release. Stupid horse taming wasted like 30 ropes before I figured out what i was doing wrong. I killed the first horse out of frustration and got reduced karma for it lol.

Kedwyn, I am not hardcore anymore any room for us family guys that cannot hang with the single guys in PRX?

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there going to be any group pve content at all? Solo grinding will get boring. Unless there's enough boss scrolls dropping that u can pve grind them ?

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Okay I just watched a couple really useful guides on Youtube.

This was one of em.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WpeAiwZx58

This looks much better now. Some controlled pve with summoned bosses, and world bosses spawned. Yeah there are no huge raid instances or dungeons but on the flip side that means everyone is actually in the world. Guild wars over nodes, contracts for guild membership with pay for the members.

Maybe the hype might be real.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Can someone explain channels? Are those the named things besides the server vs just 'numbers' in other games?

IE my CBT char is in 'Edan Elion #1'.

Is Edan the server and Elion #1 the channel? Or is it Edan Elion and #1 the channel?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's just the channels. So you are on Server : Edan and then you can join any channel under that.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Holy shit is this game complicated. I've read the guides on nodes and housing and workers and while I get the theory I have no idea how this is supposed to work in practice.

I think I'm going to have to set up for alchemy mats for pots and the like.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's a lot of systems you need to learn. Pretty much what I am using this beta for. Connecting nodes, hiring workers, buying housing for them, using them to gather at other nodes, upgrading them(didn't realize this took 24 hours) etc and that's just for workers. Be prepared to make ALOT of beer or be ready to buy it.

I do like that I don't need them(Workers) to move items from one city to another, the game does that for me for a fee.

Nodes are super important as it effects sell prices for a lot of things and iirc can give you better drop rates if you have the area you are grinding in connected.

I think I am going to start cooking first, since as a Valk I don't need pots at all. I am still trying to find a good way to get fruit, I think I might be stuck having to rent a farm and plant my own. The only place I have found them is near the beginning town that have a bunch of apple trees around one of the farms.