Black Desert

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hope you guys are okay with an obligatory $27 cash shop purchase that gives all characters stealth in PvP.

Yeah, we were pissing about this in guild chat yesterday. Just great. Was ok with not buying the cash shop costumes since they didn't have meaningful stats and the in game gear looks good enough. Would probably buy one if it looked cool though. But I sure as hell don't want to be forced to pay for a cash only item because it is required to survive and win in PvP. And it looks like a pile of dead leaves.

I really, really like this game so far. But if they push over the edge of the fine line they are walking with P2W, then I'll bail it in a heartbeat.

rieter

Molten Core Raider
Would like a pass code if anyone has an extra. I am wanting to check this out but dont know if i want to sink the cash into it.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't think I've ever felt so confused in an MMO. Seems pretty deep with the trading system and all that. I just have no clue WTF I'm doing. I've hired workers and gathered nodes...I just have no clue if anything I'm doing is actually effective or efficient.

Also, I fucking HATE that they're so stingy with inventory space. Obviously that's because they want you to buy spaces....but then they give you 10 quests that just want to stuff your inventory full. Frustrating.

Additionally, it costs energy to CHAT?!?! I can't pick potatoes because I got in a conversation in the regional chat. Ridiculous.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm somewhat enjoying the confusion slightly. Everything starts making more sense once you begin to figure out how things work like professions etc, and some quests not telling you directly what to do or pointing you in the right direction is so wonderful, gives me that sense of playing an MMO as a kid and being forced to figure it out on my own or by asking others.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I don't think I've ever felt so confused in an MMO. Seems pretty deep with the trading system and all that. I just have no clue WTF I'm doing. I've hired workers and gathered nodes...I just have no clue if anything I'm doing is actually effective or efficient.

Also, I fucking HATE that they're so stingy with inventory space. Obviously that's because they want you to buy spaces....but then they give you 10 quests that just want to stuff your inventory full. Frustrating.

Additionally, it costs energy to CHAT?!?! I can't pick potatoes because I got in a conversation in the regional chat. Ridiculous.
Haha, if that's true get wrecked chat spam.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider

Inventory is only stingy because you don't know what you're doing.Do quests, get inventory slots.For bank space: Go to town, buy houses, covert to storage and your warehouse expands. You get a warehouse in practically every city you visit.

Global chat costing energy is also one of the best ideas ever, as it teaches retards not to spam global. I don't need seeing 'Did somebody say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?!' every goddamn second. That being said, I love seeing it spammed in this game knowing that the person spamming it is going to be pissed when they can't do anything when they run out of energy.
cool.png

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Inventory is only stingy because you don't know what you're doing.Do quests, get inventory slots.For bank space: Go to town, buy houses, covert to storage and your warehouse expands. You get a warehouse in practically every city you visit.
I've done all that I can so far. Doesn't change the fact that I don't have nearly enough room for how much shit the quests try to stuff into my inventory.

Maybe I'm just wasting too much time doing crafting quests instead of just leveling.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I hope you guys are okay with an obligatory $27 cash shop purchase that gives all characters stealth in PvP.

That's fine, keeps the poors from ganking on f2p accounts.

Also, wish they would release kunoichi so I could use one, not sure a ghillie suit helps when you have a school bus sized spectral cat that is an avatar of pure malevolence and sounds like a thunderstorm as it wades through battle.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've done all that I can so far. Doesn't change the fact that I don't have nearly enough room for how much shit the quests try to stuff into my inventory.

Maybe I'm just wasting too much time doing crafting quests instead of just leveling.
You know, you can also carry inventory on your horse/wagon. Might want to invest in those if you're going around gathering.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
After reading the past couple pages of this thread and checking out a couple Youtube videos I decided to give this a go.

Problem is I can't even create an account because Black Desert never sends me a fucking activation email.

rrr_img_127841.jpg

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Game is fucking overwhelming. No idea what I'm doing! haha. Kinda fun so far. Can't really tell if it will hold my interest, though. I'm level 13 and been questing to get all the Contribution points, unlocks etc. Have yet to spend a single combat skill point...

There a simple explanation to this Conversation mini game? They also really need to allow Mini map configuration (like turning off the shitload of Player white squares that block everything).

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Hahah, just galloped past a guy in town and it threw him off his horse. LOL

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game is fucking overwhelming. No idea what I'm doing! haha. Kinda fun so far. Can't really tell if it will hold my interest, though. I'm level 13 and been questing to get all the Contribution points, unlocks etc. Have yet to spend a single combat skill point...

There a simple explanation to this Conversation mini game? They also really need to allow Mini map configuration (like turning off the shitload of Player white squares that block everything).
This is a good explanation.

Edit: Or would have been if I had posted the link, but Tuco has done that now. lol

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I keep thinking "Self, maybe you should write up a short beginner's guide for people who are just starting." Then I play the game for a few minutes and it ends up like this:

giphy.gif

xzi

Mouthbreather
hahaha, basically.

I can probably answer some questions about most of the crafting/professions though cause I got a bit sidetracked into doing them and then I got into trade routes and before I knew it I've spent 7 hours crafting/gathering and running trades and making bank... except I'm still level 16 because I haven't killed anything in a while woops

enjoying the fuck out of this game at the moment though

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This is 100% the best crafting game I've ever played, though. It's very robust.

xzi

Mouthbreather
It really is, they seemed to hit the nail right on the head. I'm a little annoyed at energy when I want to just farm the fuck out of things but it's mostly alright.

buying myself a decent fishing pole and leaving this shit open all night afk fishing, gonna use my computer as a space heater lmao

DMK_sl

shitlord
It's so fucken weird that the fact that I'm running around like an absolute retard with no idea is actually making me enjoy the game so much more. I haven't felt this sense of 'intrigue' since WoW. On a much smaller scale but its definitely there.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Simple explanation:
1. Talk to all the question marks on the minimap,
2. Mouse over the options in conversation.
3. Pick people that have a high sparking interest chance first. (The odds of success increase with each success, so if you do 100%->80% you're more likely to succeed than 80%->100%)
4. Then pick people who have a high interest level.
5. Sometimes you'll have to quit the game (or fail) and retry. The person you're talking to has an Interest Level and Favor displayed on the top left that is randomized at conversation start, that combines with the given conversation topic's values to determine odds for success and points rewarded on success.

Longer explanation I didn't understand:
http://dulfy.net/2016/03/04/black-de...d-amity-guide/

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
This game made me change my opinion on Farmville.

Also never have I had so much fun stumbling and fumbling around aimlessly and having a great time doing it (although whoever though that the retarded milking cows minigame should get a fist up his arse). So I decided to start riding on my horse south of Oliva just because I could. I eventually ran into an area with canon balls exploding all around me in the middle of a war zone and was like holy shit! The entire experience sort of reminded me of running from Qeynos to Freeport for the first time.