Black Desert

skylan_sl

shitlord
So when you hit 50 you can "awaken" skills that give them an extra effect. It's absolutely essential that Giant's spin gets the +hp per hit, otherwise instead of a farming God you're useless. When you awaken skills, it's completely random which effect you get. You can reset the effect by farming memory fragments which turn into scrolls...

...or you can buy a reset token from the cash shop for $3. It took me 70 resets to get the +hp recovery on hit for my spin. $210... I absolutely HAD to get it to farm, and it would've taken me damn near forever to farm that many scrolls. RNG failed me. Basically it restores 4 hp per hit, and when you pull 10 mobs that's 4 hp x 10 mobs, and then each spin hits 13 times. So with it you can stay at 100% health as long as you're hitting a large amount of mobs.

Here's a code for guest pass:
Code 3 : CF5D-E809-E066-4F90-8083

Not pay to win, but pay not to suck. And Tuco I wish PRX wasn't "anti" or completely against PKing. But I like everyone I've met so far so I'll deal with it.
That's just insane. Their pricing and RNG structure is what's going to make this game just another archeage for me. Luckily, it looks like I can dick around with crafting and fishing on my slow climb to 50 or whatever the max level is, at which point I'll quit. Fucking cash transactions are ruining the video game industry.

I could justify shelling out $15 here and there because it would be the equivalent of a Wow / EQ / FFXIV subscription, but this is just a little ridiculous.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I have a shift-space teleport on my wizard, works fine. My earth's response or whatever where I sidestep left/right and then hit left (or right?) mouse doesn't work well though, not sure why.
When I tested wizard I had to macro this one on my logitech mouse. For some reason I couldn't get it to work. Same with Lava Piercer on my zerker.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
If you move at all while pressing Shift+Space you'll get a run/jump instead of the ability, so I just mapped it to a mouse button.
Also I find sometimes I can't execute a Shift + E after teleporting or falling a short distance until I tap E alone first (aoe and single target heals, respectively).
I think this has to do with the game sometimes showing your weapon unsheathed when it really isn't.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
That's just insane. Their pricing and RNG structure is what's going to make this game just another archeage for me. Luckily, it looks like I can dick around with crafting and fishing on my slow climb to 50 or whatever the max level is, at which point I'll quit. Fucking cash transactions are ruining the video game industry.

I could justify shelling out $15 here and there because it would be the equivalent of a Wow / EQ / FFXIV subscription, but this is just a little ridiculous.
The pet buffs aren't crazy, I think it's really just exp buffs that really matter? Could be wrong.

But the breeding system for pets is being "revamped" for whatever that means.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Things took a weird turn and I'm now obsessed with trading more than anything else. Is there a limit to how many nodes I can connect or is it just all based on contribution points?

BubbySoup

Golden Knight of the Realm
So coming at this from not knowing anything about BDO's gameplay, I sunk a good few hours in last night and I have to say it's the most fun I have had in a gamewhilst not really knowing wtf is going onthat I've had in along time
smile.png

What I took away from last night's play session is...I need to read more about the game.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I've been having a blast going full casual mode on this game. Level 37 atm with like 100 energy and 80 contribution points and a +7 weapon. This game scratches all those casual farmville type itches along with being fun to just log into and grind. Curious how endgame is going to pan out after a few months of playing though. Also no pvp yet so hope its not as one-shotty as I'm hearing it is

Brikker

Trump's Staff
So fishing quests are all kind of buggy, eh? Mostly translation errors, it seems. Are any other crafting professions life this? Makes the quests a pain in the ass when it says to catch the wrong fish type.

xzi

Mouthbreather
It's kinda hit and miss, some quests have translation errors but some of them from other NPC's that require the same item don't have the translation errors.

I've only ran into like 3 or 4 so far though.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Starting to get slightly annoyed about how often this game is down for maintenance for the whole AU prime time... Oh well, time to watch House of Cards S4.

skylan_sl

shitlord
I'm only 22 at this point, but I'm finding it looks more beneficial for me to relocate my efforts from Velia to Hidel. If I move all my stuff and uninvest in all the nodes, etc... is it possible to also move workers?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Can you guys post up your keybindings? Having to use S and F as attack buttons if fucking my world up, can you even re-bind them to something else without fucking up your movement keys? I haven't looked into it yet and figured you guys probably had some sweet bindings.

I keep trying to fight shit and end up doing cartwheels off into a field of daisies instead.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Is Trader bargaining "mini game" total random chance or is it possible to actually influence the balance?

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm only 22 at this point, but I'm finding it looks more beneficial for me to relocate my efforts from Velia to Hidel. If I move all my stuff and uninvest in all the nodes, etc... is it possible to also move workers?
Same level and undergoing the exact same processes. Not a huge deal to do, but it is a pain in the ass. The one convenience thing (yeah I know it breaks immersion) that I would like them to implement is shared warehouse access across all cities/towns.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
The shared warehouse is the ability to ship between them if you have nodes connected it is fairly cheap.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Can you guys post up your keybindings? Having to use S and F as attack buttons if fucking my world up, can you even re-bind them to something else without fucking up your movement keys? I haven't looked into it yet and figured you guys probably had some sweet bindings.

I keep trying to fight shit and end up doing cartwheels off into a field of daisies instead.
afaik no, you can't separate move backward and those spells. The intent is that it is like a fighting game where the button sequences offer a fluid gameplay that adds an element of skill instead of just pressing a single button.

You can bind those keys to a hotbar, but you incur a minor resource penalty for doing so.