Black Desert

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Is there something up with the BDO website? My guest pass ran out and I want to buy an Explorers package; I enter my billing info and choose the Credit Card option but it never gives me anywhere to put in CC info. Hit next and still no place to enter info; only option is Back or Checkout and Checkout gives an Internal Server Error...

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Basically this is early AC. Later AC everything was quest hub based much like WoW, daillies, +gooder crafting etc. Right now it's pretty much just go into whatever woods and murder things for loot. Unfortunately it's got a shitty loot system compared to AC but the feel is kinda similar in how it's more a sandboxy endgame rather than anything like WoW or EQ put out.
Fair enough. AC had no endgame really. You basically strived to hit 126 n then u grinded for shadow armor at that point. There would be events though every now and then remember when they did the Nexus armor event where ONE suit was given to the player who did most dps to nexus boss? On my server Hellmaker won it he even let me wear the fucking celdon nexus set so i could take a SS with it. One of the most surreal momemts in my entire gaming life, the guy was so gracious n trusting to literally hand me off the most coveted set of armor in the history of the game. That celdon suit could of sold for 2 or 3 k on ebay no problem. I could of robbed him for it n logged off but i would have ruined my characters rep forever. That and im not a scumbag. After that he would always help me out with MMDs and quest support.

There was also community organized pvp wars at Mayoi (sp?) but they were always lagged to hell. Death items for days lol I remember looting at least 40 of those 40k mage robes u could only buy in that tower by the beach. Fun fucking times.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Does anyone know what qualifies as a fruit or vegetable specifically and if there's any node farms you can send people to? Basically I have a bunch of recipes that need anything in those categories.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Was grinding some lizard dudes earlier and had a duo that was farming nearby. They kept pulling large packs on top of me and trying to steal my mobs. Unfortunately for them what actually ended up happening was I got xp for my mobs, and also theirs. After they did this a few times, and I assume realized they werent getting credit they started asking me to join their group. Lol I'm looking forward to pvp at 50, should make things interesting. 7 levels to go.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
The AC comparisons have me intrigued. So exploration and stuff is pretty big then? I'm not too much into PvP as I don't play enough to be competitive, but running around finding random dungeons sounds fun. Is there a "dude, the game starts at max" mentality like most MMOs these days?

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Does anyone know what qualifies as a fruit or vegetable specifically and if there's any node farms you can send people to? Basically I have a bunch of recipes that need anything in those categories.
Fruits are Apples, Strawberries, Grapes, and some other stuff. Grapes are minion farmable in the starter town Olivia plus you can just go get a bunch of em when you go there to do the milk farm and milk dailies. Vegetables are stuff like cabbage and such. Dunno if there is a minion place for it or not but the big ass farm near Calaphon has a bunch of cabbage growing and you can just skim off them.

Is there something up with the BDO website? My guest pass ran out and I want to buy an Explorers package; I enter my billing info and choose the Credit Card option but it never gives me anywhere to put in CC info. Hit next and still no place to enter info; only option is Back or Checkout and Checkout gives an Internal Server Error...
i had this problem at early access you have to refresh the webpage took me forever to figure that out lol!

kevincheese

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is there a RR guild in this? Still trying to figure out if I like this game or not, having anyone to talk to would probably help that.

Edit - Saw Tuco's post about PRX, nevermind this post.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fruit you can get from Grape farm Olvia or plant it yourself in your own little farm.

Vegetables are things like pumpkins etc. You can get pumpkins in multiple places with workers. Or plant your own.

Use this, should help list what is under what :Black Desert Quick Ref Cooking Guide - Google Sheets

Also, now my 10 slot farm won't let me place more than 8...
Carefully check what seeds you are buying. Some take up 2 slots(grapes for example are 2 slots per seed). Also if you put scarecrow, waterway etc down, they are each a slot.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Fruit you can get from Grape farm Olvia or plant it yourself in your own little farm.

Vegetables are things like pumpkins etc. You can get pumpkins in multiple places with workers. Or plant your own.

Use this, should help list what is under what :Black Desert Quick Ref Cooking Guide - Google Sheets

Carefully check what seeds you are buying. Some take up 2 slots(grapes for example are 2 slots per seed). Also if you put scarecrow, waterway etc down, they are each a slot.
OK awesome thanks.

BTW are chili just 'hot peppers' in NA?

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Anyone have any extra trials codes for this?

Edit: Got one, thanks.
biggrin.png

Palum

what Suineg set it to
After grouping a lot with sorcs/wiz/ranger this weekend the balance in this game is atrocious. They do more damage, better mobility and by virtue of being ranged just take less damage. At lower level with worse gear they one shot packs (or quick combo annihilate anyway) that not only can I not even run to in that time, but I take far longer to kill (and take some damage killing) and that's if the mobs cooperate pathing/AI wise and wander over and if the lag doesn't make my small PBAOE stuff not hit the wrong 'zone' or the hitboxes don't freak out.

I don't see how this can't spell shitty PVP, all my CC abilities say on them "Does not stun in PvP". What else are you supposed to do against them? Unreal.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't see how this can't spell shitty PVP, all my CC abilities say on them "Does not stun in PvP". What else are you supposed to do against them? Unreal.
It's not an urgent issue since there's no actual PvP going on in this game right now.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I see a lot of people making comparisons to EVE and offline skills, do I just not know how to maximize my abilities? Should I be running this afk in some way?

If so what should I be doing?

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
You can minimize/AFK the game while fishing, so it will keep fishing until you either fill your inventory or your fishing rod runs out of durability. That will raise your fishing skill - and get you a bit of free money if you just dump all of the fish on the trader.
You can minimize/AFK the game with your workers all working, which levels your workers but doesn't raise any of your personal skills. That way you can have stacks of materials ready for crafting/refining if yoo're going to use those... or you can just sell them.

You can potentially minimize/AFK the game while running into a wall somewhere to raise your endurance skill.. Not sure if that works, I haven't tried it. Could potentially do the same thing with a backpack to train strength, or on a donkey to train your 'training' skill.