Black Desert

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Downloading now...Thanks Brikker...

Need some class advice.

I will only play a male class...I hate when they lock to gender but seems like some good options still...I just always feel weird playing as a Female Toon....Never have done it. I even dont like playing Tomb Raider. Just cant put myself in the characters shoes. So im probably a secret Misogynist or a Closet Tranny or something.

But for the make characters, Blader sounds like its the most interesting to play, Berzerker seems like it would get old quick, Warrior seems decent, and Wizard sounds like the typical Nuke Caster. Any advice or notes to consider.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I followed thread advice and dismantled my farm empire to start getting the Blackstone dailies, but for some reason the heidel cp item wouldn't give me the quest. 2 armor and 1 weapon stone is still worth doing, but dang I really hope that the heidel cp stone blueballing me isn't a recurring theme.
I'm so tempted to do this as well, have enough spare just for the one in Velia, but shit...I'm sorta comfy now, but that Weapon stone to me is so, so tempting. Might just start farming Contribution dailies...

Any advice on the best route/path to do this? Level 33 Bezerk if this helps...

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider

Need some class advice.

I will only play a male class...I hate when they lock to gender but seems like some good options still...I just always feel weird playing as a Female Toon....Never have done it. I even dont like playing Tomb Raider. Just cant put myself in the characters shoes. So im probably a secret Misogynist or a Closet Tranny or something.

But for the make characters, Blader sounds like its the most interesting to play, Berzerker seems like it would get old quick, Warrior seems decent, and Wizard sounds like the typical Nuke Caster. Any advice or notes to consider.
I main a Berzerker - Depressing (shit DPS, suck down potions every other battle), but damn I love the animations..

Blader and Ninja are not in the NA/EU release. I wonder when/if they will be introduced.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
That's sad really. On my Valkyrie I gather all mobs (my level or slightly higher) then I press one button and all is dead. I've seen other classes especially Berserkers and Warriors hit several times to blow up their horde.
frown.png

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I'm so tempted to do this as well, have enough spare just for the one in Velia, but shit...I'm sorta comfy now, but that Weapon stone to me is so, so tempting. Might just start farming Contribution dailies...

Any advice on the best route/path to do this? Level 33 Bezerk if this helps...
No idea for that range, but this weekend I might figure something out for my wife around the same lvl. Will report if I do.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider

Need some class advice.

Blader isn't out yet. Wizard is safe choice as main or farmer while you wait.much safer than warrior or giant.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I plan to make Blader my main once they get around to releasing it. I chose Berserker just to be different, but may go back and try out a Warrior. I have a Ranger, and she is fun as hell, but color me a closet fag as well because I can't bring myself to get into playing a female character no matter how captivating the boob jiggle physics are. The new Tomb Raider games are amazing though and I don't feel like I'm disconnected from MY character, I'm playing as Laura. An MMO is about MY character, not some other person, so I need that connection for whatever reason.

It becomes pretty apparent that as a Berserker I need to put a little more effort into killing than some of the other classes. I am only level 25, and I have a lot of skills left to unlock and increase, but you can only watch a Ranger/Valk/Wiz/Witch/Sorc blast down the same packs of mobs so many times before you begin to feel a little inadequate. Not super concerned about it yet, because some of that could be legitimate learn to play stuff, and having leveled my Ranger from 1 to 16 in literally 2 hours of play, switching seems like it will be painless, if necessary.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm pretty happy with my wizard. It has a self heal, every 12 seconds I can refill all my mana and it can blow everything up.

Vhaatz

Molten Core Raider
I main a Berzerker - Depressing (shit DPS, suck down potions every other battle), but damn I love the animations..
my main lvling/farming buddy is a zerker and he is essentially invincible at this point. After 45 you get the option to 'awaken' some of your skills which allows you to add an additional RNG effect to to them. He got a 4hp heal per hit on his spin, so whenever he jumps into a pack he instantly heals to full and stays max health. When we were levelling up, as a warrior I really would just dash around to gather packs for him to blow up and come up with creative diplomacy to deal with the wizards/rangers

Vhaatz

Molten Core Raider
Warrior/Zerker are really slow to level up without at least one friend. Warrior is pretty much shit until 37 and even then you can't really do as much as a ranged class can until 50+. The class is ridiculously fun and very powerful though once you hit that soft cap, reach ~400 skill points and get your weapon/gear enhanced a bit.. that's about a 200hr investment tho. you'll also chug tons of pots before reaching that point unless you block well.

Zerker is a little better but still fairly slower than ranged classes until you get your gear and your awakened spin. The main trouble you will have is competing with ranged classes for control of farming zones. They can start herding mobs with ranged skills whereas you have to close on each mob and then kite them into a big pack that you can aoe. also tons of health pots.

Wizard is very strong throughout the game.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I chose sorc for my char and it's been a mixed bag so far. Probably mostly because I still suck at the game but sometimes I roll monsters and sometimes I get demolished. I'm only like level 20 atm. The imp captain boss scroll near the wizard altar west of Hiedel was a rough fight, I had to chug probably 25 potions and almost died a few times to chain knockdowns and trying to avoid all the adds.

Having tons of fun in the game though, and don't really feel rushed to grind to cap or anything like I do in most mmo's (or power there just due to the levelling part of the game being super fast and easy). I love to just get lost in worlds, which hasn't happened to me for a long time up til now.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Black Desert best classes right now : Ranger / Witchzard. PvP, PvE, it doesn't matter. Korean developers won't do anything about NA/EU gameplay balance. Whether they're clueless or don't care doesn't make a difference. I like the game but I don't think it'll hold that long.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I chose sorc for my char and it's been a mixed bag so far. Probably mostly because I still suck at the game but sometimes I roll monsters and sometimes I get demolished. I'm only like level 20 atm. The imp captain boss scroll near the wizard altar west of Hiedel was a rough fight, I had to chug probably 25 potions and almost died a few times to chain knockdowns and trying to avoid all the adds.

Having tons of fun in the game though, and don't really feel rushed to grind to cap or anything like I do in most mmo's (or power there just due to the levelling part of the game being super fast and easy). I love to just get lost in worlds, which hasn't happened to me for a long time up til now.
I play a valk, but from what I've seen at 50 sorcs are absolute monsters. Definitely my first choice for an alt. I would say stick through it if its feeling rough atm.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I'm having a great time with my sorc. Very active playstyle. Get a little jealous of my wizard buddy sometimes given how easily he smashes everything but i love not having to stand still to fight. We level together, he mentioned at one point yesterday 'damn just had to use a potion, thats the third time ive had to do that with this character.' Meanwhile ive used more than 3 pots in single fights before.....

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I've been quite tempted to re-roll from Warrior to Ranger for the past few days. Are there any expectations of Ranger or the other OP classes getting nerfed in the next few months?

The warrior isn't un-fun, but I prefer ranged classes and knowing how much stronger Ranger is than Warrior is pushing me to it. I only made a warrior because I liked the look and didn't want to be a female character (hate gender-locked classes). Long term, though, I don't care too much.

If I re-roll, is level and profession levels the only thing I'll need to re-do? My warrior is only 24 (I'm doing all the quests/gaining knowledge, etc and exploring a lot, no focus on grinding levels at all) and my highest profession level is only fishing at Apprentice 7 or so, so not too big a deal or hassle to eventually regain those. I've got a 5 Ranger already with all the desired leveling gear (+accuracy stuff) so it would just be a matter for taking the black stones out of my warrior's gear and giving them to the ranger (how do you do that, anyhow?). Then I would just use my t3 horse to grind ranger up to 20 or so and get to the Heidel area to continue where I left off.

Anyone here primarily doing ranger and have any dislikes about it?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I've been quite tempted to re-roll from Warrior to Ranger for the past few days. Are there any expectations of Ranger or the other OP classes getting nerfed in the next few months?

The warrior isn't un-fun, but I prefer ranged classes and knowing how much stronger Ranger is than Warrior is pushing me to it. I only made a warrior because I liked the look and didn't want to be a female character (hate gender-locked classes). Long term, though, I don't care too much.

If I re-roll, is level and profession levels the only thing I'll need to re-do? My warrior is only 24 (I'm doing all the quests/gaining knowledge, etc and exploring a lot, no focus on grinding levels at all) and my highest profession level is only fishing at Apprentice 7 or so, so not too big a deal or hassle to eventually regain those. I've got a 5 Ranger already with all the desired leveling gear (+accuracy stuff) so it would just be a matter for taking the black stones out of my warrior's gear and giving them to the ranger (how do you do that, anyhow?). Then I would just use my t3 horse to grind ranger up to 20 or so and get to the Heidel area to continue where I left off.

Anyone here primarily doing ranger and have any dislikes about it?
No but keep in mind most of the classes will eventually get a weapon awakening which completely changes the way they play. Ranger becomes a teleporting sword fighter, Berserker gets arm cannons, Valk becomes a dragoon, Warrior becomes Guts from Berserk, etc. You can still use the original weapon styles (you can switch with a minor cooldown) but basically most of the classes that are worthless right now go a little nutso with awakenings. Berserker probably the best example, becomes massive AOE ranged char with cannons.