Black Desert

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PvP wise this game is worse than Archeage because at least during the first weeks there was fun PvP going on, GTA'ing Austera, doing boat stuff and tradepack robberies. Then PvP got gear dependant. Players going around 2shotting everyone.

In Black Desert the karma system is so imbalanced, punitive and easily abused it's not really fun to fight anyone unless you're running guild wars.

Then, it's all about gear and grind : well geared lvl 50+ witchzards / rangers 1-2shoting anyone who's 1-2 levels under them, less geared or both. I'm level 50 Witch with +13 Yuria staff and yesterday I 2shotted two guys (Ranger and Sorc) who were trying to move me away from the grind spot. I didn't outplay them, I just procced Residual Lightning on them and their health bars went from 80 to 0%. They were both 50. There is absolutely no gameplay balance at all, some crowd controls are OP while others are absolute shit / don't really work in PvP, there's no real teamplay. It's a shame because otherwise I like the game, but both the combat gameplay and PvP systems are so bad there's no point grinding for days to reach lvl55 and 1 shot everyone else.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Saw this on Reddit. No official source but some people said stuff like the +damage at least was definitely true.

Knowledge ranks for monsters:

C lets you see the health.

B gives you more protection against the mob.

A gives extra damage against that mob.

A+, not sure, same as A?

S gives you additional loot drops.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
There is a casual prx guild.
That sounds like my jam, I keep meeting PRX requirements only to check and they have increased again. 50 with +11 weapon but havent taken the time to grind to 51. How do i go about getting a casual prx invite then?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
There's no casual PRX guild that you can get in without meeting the requirements, but there is a guild that has some people who are leveling in it. It only has a few people though.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
PvP wise this game is worse than Archeage because at least during the first weeks there was fun PvP going on, GTA'ing Austera, doing boat stuff and tradepack robberies. Then PvP got gear dependant. Players going around 2shotting everyone.

In Black Desert the karma system is so imbalanced, punitive and easily abused it's not really fun to fight anyone unless you're running guild wars.

Then, it's all about gear and grind : well geared lvl 50+ witchzards / rangers 1-2shoting anyone who's 1-2 levels under them, less geared or both. I'm level 50 Witch with +13 Yuria staff and yesterday I 2shotted two guys (Ranger and Sorc) who were trying to move me away from the grind spot. I didn't outplay them, I just procced Residual Lightning on them and their health bars went from 80 to 0%. They were both 50. There is absolutely no gameplay balance at all, some crowd controls are OP while others are absolute shit / don't really work in PvP, there's no real teamplay. It's a shame because otherwise I like the game, but both the combat gameplay and PvP systems are so bad there's no point grinding for days to reach lvl55 and 1 shot everyone else.
I absolute love the rest of the game, but havent touched PvP aside from being ganked while afk once, and again when someone wanted my catfish island. Fuck the guille suit hard, shit needs to show their name when they attack.

Also, I'm too far in to reroll off my tamer, who knows maybe there will be a miracle balance patch :p

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I absolute love the rest of the game, but havent touched PvP aside from being ganked while afk once, and again when someone wanted my catfish island. Fuck the guille suit hard, shit needs to show their name when they attack.

Also, I'm too far in to reroll off my tamer, who knows maybe there will be a miracle balance patch :p
KR is two entire content patches/expacs ahead and it hasn't happened yet. The only reason I leveled one was a misguided attempt to share gear with the Kun once it's released. However I now think that was a mistake, W/W/R are so far ahead I could get +15 gearset for them AND a Kun in the time I will get +10 on my Tamer.

That said apparently with the awakening Tamer becomes somewhat less of a disaster - the only problem is it is overshadowed by things like Zerker becoming a ranged aoe nuker, Ranger becoming a blinkstrike assassin, etc.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I chose sorc for my char and it's been a mixed bag so far. Probably mostly because I still suck at the game but sometimes I roll monsters and sometimes I get demolished. I'm only like level 20 atm. The imp captain boss scroll near the wizard altar west of Hiedel was a rough fight, I had to chug probably 25 potions and almost died a few times to chain knockdowns and trying to avoid all the adds.

Having tons of fun in the game though, and don't really feel rushed to grind to cap or anything like I do in most mmo's (or power there just due to the levelling part of the game being super fast and easy). I love to just get lost in worlds, which hasn't happened to me for a long time up til now.
Sorceress tip: use left/right with LMB after packing up a lot of mobs (4 to 8) to refill your mana bar. Pull with shift+RMB to leech health, S+LMB to demolish packs in 2 hits or 3, shift +RMB followed by LMB to Dark Wave, which is the main offensive AoE spell in the toolkit. Learning to dodge with left/right + LMB is key for a sorceress, if you are good enough (get +attack speed for that specific skill, not casting speed which is used for others) you'll bnever get hit, position yourself to perform back attacks and mantain a full mana bar. Leech back your health or shift+space to get health at the cost of mana (always do 2 ticks for the mana regen bonus).

If you like melee and short range, sorceress is a cool class and can destroy a lot of shit very very fast. It's my favourite alt character for sure.

I like exploring the world and losing my time in mundane activities, playing a witch nobody bothers me unless they are 3+ people, but I usually don't give a fuck about farming, so if a group moves in at my spot, I ask for an invite or move away. I'm not a pvp person and never will be. I killed one guy once, but he asked for it, I hit 4 buttons and he was dead, it certainly didn't took me any skill, except using teleport to gtfo before using q (pointless mana shield) and s+f->rmb to residual lightning his ass into oblivion.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm level 30 now and 7 days played, with maybe 2-3 of those being afk either for fishing or just so my worker continue to work. I still mostly waste my time doing gathering, crafting and trading quests and having a blast doing it. I don't pvp so the fact that it's unbalanced doesn't affect me, and probably won't ever really since it can be avoided.

Yesterday for a change of pace, I took 3 of my alts and use their energy to do conversation. I unlocked all quest, knowledge, shops etc from everyone in Olvia, all the farms, guard posts, and everything up to Velia, and the farms around Velia. All I have left in that area is Velia itself. I think I unlock 4 or 5 yellow named workers. It will be interesting levelling an alt with all the knowledge unlocked and quests available.
smile.png

The combat grinding has a Diablo feel to it, not the mechanics, but the same sort of mindless destruction, you wade in tons of mobs and just destroy everything. It's tons of fun.

Still loving the game.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As a Valk, I'm not seeing the fear of going against a Wiz, I've had to fight 2 so far, and its just a matter of staying right in their face or CC them...while avoiding anything dangerous like their ice (I imagine they were both worse players than I am at PvP, so..). A Zerker destroyed me the other night down in the SK caves, got caught up against a wall as he Spinned me to death.

In case some do not know, there is an hourly quest at Hexe Sanctuary and Abandoned Monastery that give you Tokens which can be exchanged for a Ring (AM) or Earring (HS) which have 3 versions (cost 3,5,10 plus the previous item to upgrade). The final version is the same as the Witch Earring / Mark of Shadows, and they can be upgraded (the lesser versions cannot be upgraded though). Pretty easy to do.

Has anyone explored all the islands off the north coast? Are they inhabited by mobs, or mainly just places to gather up materials?

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Has anyone explored all the islands off the north coast? Are they inhabited by mobs, or mainly just places to gather up materials?
Ive hit every island available to walk on and there's no enemies at all on any of them (only thing flagged as an enemy are the "all but worthless" pirate caches). Practically every island has a node manager and knowledge for being discovered so it's a good reason to explore them all. Some have pure gem mining veins like rubies, topaz, etc and most islands will have a rare gathering node that acts like a trade pack once you pick it up (it requires a certain gathering level to successfully gather up, I dont recall what it is though). A few also have fishing quests too if you're into those.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Well I think I've done everything I wanted to do. Built the best boat and the very limited set of decent outfits.

Finally saw a couple horses, had no luck taming them though. The horse did teach me something new, that my dagger stab has no cooldown.

With nothing really left to craft the annoyances are outweighing the positives:

Swimming is just terrible in every way. Never before have I drowned with my head above water in a videogame.

Nodes within sight of each other sometimes don't link, just to piss you off. One node manager even mentions the other nearby node just to rub it in.

After autorun finishes and you reach your destination, moving forward often sticks on making you dash by whatever you ran to.

Movement translates until the animation finishes, probably so the animation "looks right". This makes all of the movement feel muddy and off.

Your strafe key randomly becomes turn with no warning and seemingly no reason.

Press r to interact. r r r rr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ok now you can (you were putting your staff away or something)

Can't use the map while fishing. Because reasons.

Someone got a decimal point wrong in the voiceover frequency. "hello how may I help you?" repeat 1000x until you are insane.

Sticking collision. Often moving against something will stick you to it. I'm amazed that they could get this so badly wrong after making such an impressive graphics engine (or did they license it?).

Animation stalls go both ways, so enemies spot you, shout something, do a scary rarrrr, slowly grab and draw their weapon, then charge. By this time I'm long gone. I'm 25 and I've explored most of the world.

With all the animation problems I wouldn't be surprised if the combat is driven off animation times. Never give animators control over anything gameplay related.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yep you are right. Bye! Have a nice life! Arrivederci! Tata!

Game is not perfect but after you learn the hoops it wants you to jump through it is damn good. Could stuff be changed. Sure! But they got a whole lot right.