Black Desert

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I've had people who probably would have wiped the floor with me just fucking up-and-leave their spawns when I show up, no contesting, nothing. There's something to be said about people still being used to the whole "best gear looks the coolest" concept.

My level 50 Warrior fishing alt is the true hero. Fucker makes so much money it makes Steve Wynn jealous. When every fifth fish you catch sells for 125,000, combined with a huge inventory, and a +4 Balphenos Rod.
Where is your ass fishing. I never get those fish.

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Thank you Tuco, I'm loving Berserker. I am CONSTANTLY told that "Berserkers are trash", "they can't win 1v1s", "they're just a filler class until awakenings" by pretty much everyone, and then I go and win or draw every 1v1 that isn't against a Ranger. People don't understand that the overwhelming majority of Berserkers are following this really shitty KR guide (95%+) of them, that leaves them with literally like 80-90 AP with full +15 gear. That build relies on our grabs, grabs which are bugged. Not only that, but even if grabs worked perfectly the build is only useful in group PvP. People are squashing those Berserkers (who are constantly complaining how shitty their class is) when in reality, it's like a Wizard complaining that he can't kill anyone with his dagger.

The ones who have a good 140+ AP, OROS OH, and are using Taritas for accuracy are pretty good. Not the best class by any means, but they're quite capable of chewing through people's Elion's.

----

Draegan, check PM.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Im only getting .44 mb/s a second downloading this game. Did anyone else have that problem when they were downloading it? It says North America in the region but am I downloading this from Korea or something? I have a 100 meg connection :/

Donblargo

Potato del Grande
Was thinking of giving this a whirl since nostalrius went down. Valkyrie seems like an interesting class, but says not available at NA release. Any idea when that patch is due/ what is the most fun healer or dps at the moment?

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Valk is already out. Has been since release. They have a group heal but they are not a healer. It is a one shot thing on a cooldown. Mages have I think 2 heals. (Witch/Wizard) again nice to have but you cannot keep stupid people alive. Healing is done through individual Potion chugging.

Valk is great fun as a tank/dps. Witch is just absurd with the way AE is used and pack pulls work, gameplay for both is kinda the same but with ease of pulling going to Witch and toughness/tankness going to Valk. Valk you pack pull and meele down in 3-4 hits. Witch you run around foce blasting stuff then as they stagger to you, You blow off a mountaintop killing them, their friends, and the little dog too.

Basicly if you like melee play Valk, if you like range play Witch/wizard, both are stupid amounts of fun.

Trokarr

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am looking into getting this game and was wondering if anyone has a friend code they could PM me so I could try i out. I am currently playing BnS but I am starting to reach my saturation limit on that game. Also, can anyone suggest what would be a good couple of characters to start with? Valk is recommended for melee and Witch/Wiz for ranged above; is that still the case for starting characters? I don't mind the grind for MMOs so I think I may enjoy this game. Thanks in advance.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Wizard and Witch are second tier ranged, Ranger is still number 1. All the melee are pretty decent, Valk over Warrior at the moment, but the second that they release the Awakening weapons, that will reverse. Sorc is a melee powerhouse as well. Blader coming out next week -- another pretty sweet looking class. Check some gameplay videos.

Trokarr

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks for the quick reply; I did check out the Blader/Plum videos as suggested but probably will not make either as my first 2 characters. One other questions, right now BnS is overrun with bots and speed/teleport hackers. What is the current situation in BDO?

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I haven't seen any, doesn't mean they aren't here though. However, while playing BnS, I saw fucktons. This is probably because you can't trade anything outside of using the auction house (food and potions I think can still be traded). Spam happens a fair bit, not as much as BnS though. Better controls (self chat filters -- so make sure you add "alienware" as one of them to remove all those cunts from BnS spamming shit memes.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I haven't seen any bots or hackers. Like Sabbat says wealth is totally illiquid. I'm sure some players are making macro's / bots, but that's for personal gain rather than a gold farming operation.

I have to imagine that map hacks exist in this game. With the ghillie suit it'd be very useful to know when an enemy player is around. However the render range is so short in this game you can't just enter an area and have an eye in the sky (unless the client hides it rather than the server, which wouldn't make much sense).

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Oh, and I really wish they'd remove the ghillie suit. I thought I was done with fighting anonymous enemies when I uninstalled ESO, but here we are.

Trokarr

Lord Nagafen Raider
Good to hear that there are no bots. Looks like this will be my next MMOs. I see everyone picked up the $30 pack; is the Explorers Pack not worth the extra cash?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Save your money and buy a ghillie suit instead. Expect to drop another $20 on buying pets to pick up your loot, and then another few bucks to buy bank expansions / strength increases. Luckily you don't need to continue to p2w after that.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I see so many conflicting reports on blader vs plum or whatever the fuck their new names are. Seema blader pves better but bc of the animation length the plums higher single target damage attacks make them weaker still.

I'm curious how their awakenings shake out. Should see them soon. Also if you're curious about valk vs. Warrior just consider the valk awakening was just released. Looks pretty awesome.

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I pull up to my fishing spot to get ready to AFK, and who do I see coasting along in his boat out in the middle of the ocean? Draegan. Talk about a coincidence, same instance and everything.

Draegant, how'd your fishing go last night? I made 1.8 mil and 3 relics (380k each).

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Since I rerolled to a Warrior (from a Wizard) I've been having an amazing time in combat. Combos feel fun and fluid. Even for me as a casual.

Question: I'm guessing by the amount of people I see AFK-fishing etc that I should be doing that as well. You don't get kicked off due to inactivity?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
For some reason Daum made the game as difficult for their servers as possible by encouraging people to be logged in 100% of the time AFK. That combines with their encouragement of every player having some 10+ workers running around the map.

Fortunately server stability seems pretty high.