Black Desert

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Since I rerolled to a Warrior (from a Wizard) I've been having an amazing time in combat. Combos feel fun and fluid. Even for me as a casual.

Question: I'm guessing by the amount of people I see AFK-fishing etc that I should be doing that as well. You don't get kicked off due to inactivity?
If possible, should never log off. Energy gain online is much much faster and you could also being doing something over night. Strength training, leveling horses or afk fishing. For fishing just find a current hotspot(two atm I know of, one near olvia and one just off velia coast. Should pull in decent money, based on inv space, rod, and skill.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
The game punishes you for logging out. You pretty much want to keep this minimized in the tray, either sleeping in a bed or using that energy.

Energy is the bottleneck of the game, it's what you will ultimately min/max out of combat. I'm an Artisan cooker, so if I have to use an alt for anything other than gathering milk I'm losing money. Knight's rations and milk tea pull in about 5-10m a day for me currently. To that end, it's important to mention you can play anyway you want. Crafters gain xp (albeit very slowly) and if you're good at it, you can buy all your damn gear rather than deal with the RNG nightmare of stones (but it's MUCH slower than grinding xp/stones at 50).

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I pull up to my fishing spot to get ready to AFK, and who do I see coasting along in his boat out in the middle of the ocean? Draegan. Talk about a coincidence, same instance and everything.

Draegant, how'd your fishing go last night? I made 1.8 mil and 3 relics (380k each).
Lol I had a feeling that was you. I woke up and servers were down for maintenance. Will find out tonight.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I got skilled alchemist last night. I just do the 4 to 6 dailies then log out.

I'm also testing out mining a copper node with an artisan worker at node level 4 (working to 5) passively to see if that earns me any money. Had extra CP and a worker to play with.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Maybe. I have yet to put that in automatic production
Sirs please tell me how I can have my workers make beer. I've yet to dig into cooking at all since I've been fishing, prepping to make a fishing boat, and planning a wagon after that. Feeding the workers is a constant irritation lol. I mean I've got wheat coming in and I make it from hitting up the cooking vendor and getting the sugar/yeast/water but I didn't know you could have workers make it?

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Sirs please tell me how I can have my workers make beer. I've yet to dig into cooking at all since I've been fishing, prepping to make a fishing boat, and planning a wagon after that. Feeding the workers is a constant irritation lol. I mean I've got wheat coming in and I make it from hitting up the cooking vendor and getting the sugar/yeast/water but I didn't know you could have workers make it?
You can't unless they snuck a "Kitchen" into Altidore, and they haven't.

You can have workers process and make things if there is a Building available with the profession and tier. From what I understand a lot will come later, even the higher lvl quests aren't active for tradeskills.

agripa

Molten Core Raider
Bosses spawning in the middle of the day and in the wee hours of the morning. Daum has a hardon for poopsockers.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Bosses spawning in the middle of the day and in the wee hours of the morning. Daum has a hardon for poopsockers.
Bosses sure are neat. I tried Karzak or whoever today. The whole thing is fatally flawed I think.

You lose exp and uber gems when you die, so everyone wears shit ungemmed gear, because at least as melee you cannot avoid dying on most of these fights.

Then you throw PvP in the mix on top of the laggy, 5FPS mess, with said shit gear, and you'll be doing a lot of running back after dying. I'm back down to 0% in 55 with not even a silver to show for it.

To be honest I dont have a lot of PvP exp, just a few battlegrounds for the daily. But pretty much 100% of my encounters have been warping, teleporting sorcs that my client can't keep track of, so I don't have much hope of tracking them either :p

Erumaron

ResetEra Staff Member
An old EQ buddy and I are looking to play this but his PC is pretty old. If anybody has a friend code so that he can try it before we both sink money in it would be appreciated. Thanks/Please PM.

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
You have positive Tuconets, so here you go, be quick :

174B-1643-3135-4FC5-81E0

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just want to rant quickly, the guild system in this game was interesting but is turning out to be really annoying. I like the idea of progressing as a guild and earning some income that can be used to great effect, but the contract system is a complete waste. People get some ~30k a day from the guild vault which is a pittance, but that silver can be used by the guild collectively to much higher effect. From the numbers we crunched spending silver on boss scrolls gives a 6 to 1 value. So if we spend 10million silver on boss scrolls we can expect to collectively earn 60 million silver on loot.

What that means is that we tell people not to accept contract money, making the whole contract system a waste. This also means removing people from the guild is a huge hassle. We get people who drop off the face of the earth and when we message them they say, "Oh sorry, something came up. I uninstalled. Go ahead and remove me from the guild." we have to respond with, "Better get reinstalling, I'm not spending 600,000 worth of our players wealth to boot you."

I don't mind the 100 person limit, but the tools to manage the 100 person limit are very lacking.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I'm not following Tuco. Does the person leaving mean you don't have to spend any money? or does having that spot in the guild filled mean you make more money? Do you actually need to pay something to remove someone? How's this work, exactly?

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
You can get paid to be in a guild. Guilds ask you to not take the funds because the guild can use the funds for a boss summons scroll for great loots. If you as a player leave it does not cost the guild silver, however if the guild kicks you then it cost the guild.

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
There's a TON of things in this game like that, basic quality of life things that are fundamentally broken.

And yet the game is still a ton of fun, so that speaks volumes about it
wink.png

There needs to be a TRIGGER WARNING for gambling addicts though, the store is more dangerous than Vegas. I've only bought an exp costume, and eventually 1 weight unlock (was wasting my time overweight way too much), but hearing people drop hundreds or thousands on simple pets and not even guaranteed to get the feature they want? o_O

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Hey Tuco, if I was to rejoin PRX (left to play other games during TESO, and didn't play AA), I need to resit all that forum stuff again, right?