Black Desert

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Invest a little time and energy into the costume shop and raising amity with Merv in Calpheon and make a Noble dress/outfit for your character before you Amity grind for Grunil. That extra 15% amity from the costume goes a long way.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Invest a little time and energy into the costume shop and raising amity with Merv in Calpheon and make a Noble dress/outfit for your character before you Amity grind for Grunil. That extra 15% amity from the costume goes a long way.
I've got over 200 energy, I haven't bothered yet with that.

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've got over 200 energy, I haven't bothered yet with that.
I make beer. I have like five alts dedicated to making beer because... it'll always sell, and you get the other items which give you CP, experience, money, and other things when turned in for a quest. I've probably got roughly 8,000 beer in my bank, and about a thousand of each of the other cooking quest items that I can turn in.

Don't even need to quest to hit the CP cap, I can cook myself there.

It's so easy to do too, with an advanced cooking station I can set an alt to make 300 beer then AFK 20 minutes.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
It never ceases to amaze me how people pat themselves on the back for going afk every day to make beer. You might as well say you found a way to throw your money and time away as 20% of the cost goes to your mats making the beer, not to mention having to run and get them. But I do appreciate you using your energy and your alts on the most basic recipe and thinking it's smart. You could make far more money just processing whatever vegetable you're using into flour ffs or selling boiled eggs on max. Or god forbid you find a bottleneck like Ham Sandwiches and realize they go for 27-30k a pop. hmmmmm wonder why... could they be used in an orange or yellow recipe?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When I switch between alts, my connection gets terminated or something? Not sure, but I have to restart the game completely. So two things, 1. Is there a fix to this? 2. Regardless of the fix, is there a way to delete the splash art without it showing back up so I can skip the "Pearl Abyss" screen?

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
When I switch between alts, my connection gets terminated or something? Not sure, but I have to restart the game completely. So two things, 1. Is there a fix to this? 2. Regardless of the fix, is there a way to delete the splash art without it showing back up so I can skip the "Pearl Abyss" screen?
Ditto

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Believe that happens to everyone. You can switch one time basically then you'll usually get DC'd. Some sort of exploit/anti cheat protection thing?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This happens if you switch to fast. I've found if you wait 5-10 minutes on each character, then switch , it doesn't DC. But say for like investing in nodes, I have to spend energy then either sit in game and wait or just eat the DC(which is going to happen if you try to switch or even go to character select) and log back in manually, which is usually faster then waiting in-game to not DC between switching.

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
If you have recently logged on and you get DC'd trying to switch characters you can click Start instead of Ok and it will log you right back in. After a time your authentication token expires or something and you do have to exit the client. It saves some time after the first dc though when cycling through alts to invest in nodes.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Game is purdy

rrr_img_131935.jpg

Cerzi

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah I'm p sold on this game being amaze. Nolifed it to 50 and now getting into pvp as well as going back and getting deeper into the life skills side of things. It's the first MMO I've played in a long, long time that doesn't have me constantly wishing things were different while I played it. Pretty much every MMO I've played since EQ1 has left me wishing that travel was more meaningful, that there was a reason to be afraid of dying, that the world felt bigger and less linear, that there was more to learn. BDO has all that checked off, and on top of that it plays amazingly. The cash shop prices are kind of dumb, but OTOH it's genuinely not pay to win compared to just about every other MMO cash shop, simply because there's no way to convert cash into silver. There's no PLEX you can sell on the market, there's no GW2 gold, and you can't even sell your cosmetics for gold, or trade much at all directly with players. So the people at the top have to have earned it entirely ingame, which is a nice change of pace from the last decade or so.

Would be cool if there was more non-cash-shop character customization though, but it's such a minor thing when the rest of this game is just one of a kind right now.

Sneaky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Any suggestion where a rather casual (family...) EU player should start up? The game sounds pretty overwhelming (;

moontayle

Golden Squire
I love this game but some of its systems are jackie chan meme worthy. I made an alt this morning and moved it to Altinova for the sole purpose of playing the Amity game for Grunil.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The game isn't perfect, but it's just the overall game experience that's fun.

I think what I enjoy the most is the diversity of things I can do on anything given night, or even in any given session.

I finally joined a guild. Found a very active PVE only guild, so that's cool. That adds to the number of activities I can do. They seems pretty active as they seem to be doing guild mission all the time, and do 1 guild boss a day.

Sometimes, I am almost frustrated by the sheer amount of things I want to do, and the limited amount of time I have.

I'm usually an altaholic and there's a few class I want to play, but I haven't had time yet to really do it.

Almost 2 months after release, and my interest level is just as high as the first week...which hasn't happen in years.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
interesting thing happened tonight, probably a coincidence but I don't put anything past hidden Korean RNG systems.

So i'm grinding away leveling my valk, hit 45, decide that, while it's less efficient exp, that i'm going to grind treants to 50 instead of catfish so I can farm tree belt, 2 birds, 1 stone sort of thing.

I've killed enough treants on my other characters to have pretty much all the knowledges unlocked, doing guild quests and just grinding, except for Twin Headed Treant.

So i'm grinding away for about an hour and nothing. I didn't get any black stones, only got 2 trade item drops, and never unlocked twin headed. I had unlocked the node before I started, but decided to drop all my energy in and leveled the node up to 2.

another 2 hours, fucking nothing. I get 1 blackstone (weapon). no more trade drops. over 1k of each of the 4 separate little bounty item turn in for X silver dealios, but jack shit otherwise. At the very last minute twin headed lore finally unlocks.

I was in Mediah E1 just because it's my normal channel, it's the first channel on the list that isn't crowded when I log in during JPN time. Now by this time it's early morning east coast time, guildies are starting to get online before work to check shit. Guild master needed me to switch to Velia E1 for contract renewal so I head to trent safe zone, swap, and handle that.

I run out and the first treant I kill drops Tree belt. It was an old treant, so it wasn't even the lore unlock from twin headed that added the extra luck for RNG.

Just a coincidence? are some channels unluckier than others? Is there anti-farm code, spend too long killing x in a certain area and luck decreases, but can be reset by channel swapping? Does investing in nodes actually reduce your chance of drops rather than increase (as i've heard that rumor)?

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I've got people that are convinced that our home channel is cursed and nothing good drops. It is just RNG, and it's going to do RNG things. I had a level 3-5 node, 5 luck, A+ rank on both tree types over 3 days from 50-51 doing only those trees and nothing to show for it. Grats on the belt (not salty at all).

(ok, just mildly salty).

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
That's some Korean rng God King shit right there.

Playing some plum and mobs never aggro me fast enough or at all. I can stand next to a group of some NPCs for 20 secs before they move.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Looking for some recommendations for a good starting class - something I'll generally play solo with the option of a trio with a couple friends.

I rolled a sorceress but I have no idea what's going on. Typically I play a tank or warrior - as this game doesn't really have the holy trinity I may roll up a berserker. Are they noob friendly? Is every class noob friendly?