Black Desert

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Brikker

Trump's Staff
btizijtlia5x.jpg
While funny, all this does is get the killer closer to going red and suffering real penalties while the killed can come back and annoy/fuck with them (or purposefully die so the killer loses more karma)

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This will usually mean server instability. Devs don't make stuff client-side out of pure laziness, it's usually to reduce network-load. A lot of times this can be done intentionally to get through the initial few months of extreme usage, where they can then relax a bit later and tighten things up.
I don't know, I've played my share of korean MMO releases (Aion, Archeage, Black Desert and the one with CP lolis and rapist hamsters) and in each of them there's always very poor security design and / or anti-cheat measures. And I'm talking about rampant cheating.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It seems like its just so common in Eastern MMO's that its not as frowned upon there. Outside of the skill spam hacks, the botters I saw in BDO .. or at least the ones I was convinced were botters, didnt really bother me at all. Might be annoying af sometimes, but thats about it. Stop developing games with such mundane, boring ass shit that people feel the need to bot it???

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tonight was the first siege. We claimed one of the regions in a somewhat underwhelming fight, but a win none the less. The game currently has 4 regions.

lgSJsAS.jpg

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nice grats. I went to read the forums, always entertaining after these things and cant even do that. First 3-4 pages of general discussion are spam threads, about getting help for your relationships, its kinda sad when your company cant even keep your forums clean. They need to lock posting to only people who bought the game.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I feel like the need to paint the world in jokes that has been cultivated by archeage has finally burst in bdo.

I really do miss the creativity shown in archeages housing areas.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I always read every BD thread in hopes that one day they do away with the god awful equipment grind. Leveling was not the problem at all...

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I always read every BD thread in hopes that one day they do away with the god awful equipment grind. Leveling was not the problem at all...
And what? get rid of gear completely?

You understand that the only difference between BDO and other games right now is BDO gives you access to every item that is attainable right from the moment it is available?

In nearly every other game out there you grind and grind and grind for small upgrades all the time.

In WoW you grind dungeons, then heroic dungeons, then LFR, then raids.

In BDO you grind mobs and RNG.

Pretty mush the same thing -_-

if it isn't your thing then it isn't your thing but don't delude yourself into thinking that the game is all that much different (better or worse) in terms of progression from other games.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty much, its just a different type of grind.

No mmo is going to let you have the best of everything quickly. In place of % drop tables(along with praying you actually win over the others in raid) in most games, you get % chance enchanting in this game.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I need to work on hitting 56 myself. That and rebuild my silver. Got a Liverto from market pre-order and have another one in for the Ancient Weapon Core. No idea when Awakenings are coming but you need to be 56 to do it and some of the better skills (at least for Valk) open up at 58. So yeah, bit of work ahead.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Yeah I want to be 56 for awakenings. I should get there. Even suasans grinding gets you there fast. Probably 5 or 6 hours.

With max xp stuff, you can probably do 1 to 57 in 30 hours or so.

Zbkuk_sl

shitlord
Awesome. I didn't manage to stockpile anywhere near as many shards as I wanted, but I do have full +15 ultimate grunil with +15 liverto and pri accessories and 2 characters with 25 failstacks ready to go. Hoping I can +16 a few things and get started poking around valencia, one of the big things I really enjoy about this game is just exploring and seeing what is out there to gather and grind on, and find my own little out of the way spots.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The "true RNG grind" really starts once you already have +15 armor / weapons, by enhancing accessories (earrings, rings and necklace). It's obviously unfair if you have low playtime because even with 35 failstacks you'll sometimes get your accessories destroyed in the process. You're free to criticize it but please don't think for a second Pearl Abyss, the korean developer, and Daum, the publisher, are gonna make a 180 on it.