Black Desert

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Well, my goal was to be able to barter. Apparently you need resources before you start (Epheria Sailboat's selling for about 550m right now).

I think my problem is actually more that I should be investing in the boat accessories to make it faster, and not the boat itself.
Yeah, I can't 100% say because I haven't really dabbled into sailing/bartering at all yet. However, the situation you're describing sounds a lot like what people make the mistake on with gathering. Rather than continuing to upgrade their loggia set, people either try to jump right to Manos or the blue set.

BDO is all about incremental progress over long hours. It's hard getting out of the mindset of "I need purples nao!!!" thanks to other MMOs, but hopping from PRI to PEN for instance isn't how most things go. You sit at PRI for a while, make some progress, then jump to DUO. Sit at DUO for a while, make some slightly more efficient progress now and jump to TRI.

Like I said, without knowing too many specifics as they relate to sailing, I can't definitely say this is the case. However, just knowing how BDO's systems work, incremental efficiency gains are how it's done with anything related to lifeskilling. It's even true among a lot of combat skills as well, but combat has some areas where "skipping' occurs on occasion.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
For sailing epheria sail is pretty much the starter ship for stuff, then you'll spend a lot of time upgrading the gear and the ship to the next 2 tiers. 550m isn't a lot, go grind some blood wolves a bit and you'll have that in a few hours (probably the best option for season server gear level, you might even get an infinite HP potion piece there too). Selling your caphras is easy money, don't really need to start saving them yet. If you're done upgrading your tuvala gear, then vendoring all the stones you get is good money too.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Anyone know if you can create a new seasonal character if you graduate early? I stupidly rolled an Archer for season but I'm not a huge fan of him. I finally realized that Guardian is what I'm most comfortable with in both PvE Grinding, Large Scale, and 1v1 PvP. I really don't want to have to wait until March to roll one, but at the same time I don't want to pass up all the inventory expansion shit you get with a seasonal char.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
From what I've read, no, you get a single one. You've still got 2/3 of the season left though.

Isnt there some gear sharing mechanism now though, so you could theoretically gear up everything, grad early, convert the weapons to guardian and just start a new character, while keeping the archer for energy, boss camp etc?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Isnt there some gear sharing mechanism now though, so you could theoretically gear up everything, grad early, convert the weapons to guardian and just start a new character, while keeping the archer for energy, boss camp etc?
Well, that's why I didn't want to outright delete the Archer, because of the usefulness as a boss alt/energy bot. Problem is, fuck having to buy the 40-50inv slots you get as a seasonal character - essentially, I'd have to drop $30-$40 for something that'd be "free" in a few months. I just really, really don't want to have to wait until March to roll the Guardian. The gear isn't really an issue since Oasis exists and I have a good 20bil I could use to outfit her. I mean, I could just board the lifeskill train until then, but I have a feeling that in a month or so of that I'll be feeling pretty burnt out..

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
If any of you need a dead guild to park in for passive stats, Officer rank, ability to dec people messing with your grind spots, guild missions , and Galley to scoot around in DM Remmy#1320, can promote you to officer after a couple weeks.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pearl Abyss taking over as publisher on Feb 27.

Start your account transfer now and get free stuff.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Free t4, pet. Also apparently if you don't do it by may, you lose your prior account?
That's what it sounds like, yeah. They're incentivizing you by jumping in early. Thankfully, it should free up a lot of character/guild names.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is it still using the same launcher? I looked all over the PA BDO page and couldn't find any kind of launcher.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is it still using the same launcher? I looked all over the PA BDO page and couldn't find any kind of launcher.
Current launcher will continue to work. We will get a new launcher once the actual hand over date occurs. Maybe a patch to the current one, or needing to download a version of the current KR launcher.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sucks the way BDO is designed(grinding, boss fights, almost entirely solo) we will probably never see a true support class.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sucks the way BDO is designed(grinding, boss fights, almost entirely solo) we will probably never see a true support class.
Not having support is fine, but I highly doubt any Olun group would turn away a Shai.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
> Make a skill to allow you to travel through objects
> Demonstrate it by traveling through an open field

No Problem Reaction GIF

• 1Worf

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
New class looks cool. Will be interesting to see NA/EU getting it first. Usually by the time NA/EU got a class, it was mostly figured out because of koreans having it already.

Sucks no new season with it.