Black Desert

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
On the season server how much of the buff/enhancement stuff should I be saving? I had read some of the skill stuff should be saved, but I really have no clue on if these other minor enhancement things should be used immediately or banked. Any suggestions on a solid starting class for when this next season is out? I made a warrior yesterday, but only got to level 25 so far. Visuals are really impressive. Everything was smooth until I got a quest to tame a horse with no instruction as to how to do it when I arrived....

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm going guardian for next season for easy farming season mats for money like someone else said. At about 200-240 ap can farm hundreds of those time filled stones for easy easy money. I like wizard but I don't like casting bars in this game.

Right now it takes about 2 hours to go go 0-56 so leveling a sage for the bonus items makes alot of sense.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
On the season server how much of the buff/enhancement stuff should I be saving? I had read some of the skill stuff should be saved, but I really have no clue on if these other minor enhancement things should be used immediately or banked. Any suggestions on a solid starting class for when this next season is out? I made a warrior yesterday, but only got to level 25 so far. Visuals are really impressive. Everything was smooth until I got a quest to tame a horse with no instruction as to how to do it when I arrived....

Dude this game showers you with so much shit its fucking unbelievable. This game has more stones than Rock Garden of Chandigarh. Then all the scrolls, the books, potions, candy fucking blue chests, gold chests shiny chests. Its all fucked. But if youre playing on season server go see fughar and his little elf chick thast stands beside him, hes in every city by the stables. The littrle chick sells all the shit you will need to level, food, 530% exp scrolls, mount food, all for 1 silver ea.

There is not enough time to be doing all the side quest shit, season is only till march 31 so only do main quest up to mediah, by then you will have all the armor and stones you need to upgrade all of your blue armor to V and then trade it in with Fughar to get the next set, which takes a shit ton of farming to get leveled up. Probably will take you some 20-30 hrs to run through that story if youre a noob like me. Bonus if you jsut run through the story shit, they will give you mounts, pets, inv slots and all the shit you need. Then when the server kicks you to standard after season you can convert the gold gear you have in order to use it on standard. So that should be your priority since the gear is pretty decent start. They also give you rings, necklaces and other trinkets you cannot use on this server, I think from achievements? But once you get kicked you will be able to, so keep it in storage.

This dude has a ton of easy to understand vods that will set you straight. (he also has a guide on the horse thing you were trying to do)

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Is this game free to play?
Its $10 on steam, but fair warning this game is heavy on buying shit from shop, like inventory space and upping your weight limits so you can carry more shit. Ive spent like $20 for the noob pack they had which had a lot of that shit. I mean, you dont have to, there is ways to get the shit in game but it takes some AFK farming and shit to do.

I recommend the seasonal server. Its great for noobs. You level quick and the main quest gives you the gear you need. And kinda hand holds you, and trust me this game needs some hand holding, like I said the POE of MMORPG. This season, unfortunately, is almost done, it ends March 31st, but there should be a new season coming up.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Is this game free to play?
Monthly it is, yes. You have to buy the game which will run you $10, but it often goes on sale for $2-5.
I wouldn't worry too much about the scrolls and such if that's what you're referring to? With the +1000% exp during the evening and weekends event going on right now, you can get to 56+ in fucking no time. Once you do, you basically get a free set of tri boss gear, which is essentially "soft-cap". It's just missing accessories, but you can get decent ones by grinding the various level 50ish areas like Manes, Helm's, Cemetary, etc. That'll boost your AP by another 35-50ish and grant you the ability to grind some of the lower-tier "high-end" spots, like Polly Forest, Blood Wolves, etc.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you have played it in the past when it was free, that account still exists. The transfer can be a bit annoying if you need to do that, but its still available. My problem was that I was logged into Steam over top of Pearly Abyss (or Kakao? One or the other) and the platforms werent matching. Re-DL'ing the game now.

I havent played the game since roughly after launch. My warrior is 56 with a bunch of shit, so Im sure his mail box is packed with shit just thrown at him. Logged in once to check out some event and it was packed then and that was years ago iirc.

If you're starting and want someone to group/grind with, just PM on here and Ill be down.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been monitoring this thread against my better judgment and I've finally cracked; I'm going to DL the game again and check out my Wizard. I think I'm level 58 or 59, but I haven't played the game since the Summer of '15 or '16.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been monitoring this thread against my better judgment and I've finally cracked; I'm going to DL the game again and check out my Wizard. I think I'm level 58 or 59, but I haven't played the game since the Summer of '15 or '16.

The game is pretty different now, you'll probably want to make a season character and get that gear before season ends, then you can transfer it to the wizard if you want. BDO has a reputation of being P2W but its really not. It's grind to win for sure though, and the cash shop can speed up some QoL stuff like weight, inventory, pets, costumes etc., but there are diminishing returns on the cash shop once you have these things. You could spend a couple hundred and be set on all that if you didn't want to wait for freebies, whereas if you wanted to whale for gear and stuff you'd have to spend thousands and thousands of dollars (10s of thousands really) to see a decent return.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This was me in December. I'd echo the same comments about season server. In a few days my character blew past the one I had in 2016. The extra few hundred million I had was helpful, but I got many times that free. Everything is amped up since I played last.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This was me in December. I'd echo the same comments about season server. In a few days my character blew past the one I had in 2016. The extra few hundred million I had was helpful, but I got many times that free. Everything is amped up since I played last.

Been playing off and on since launch. For whatever reason, I like BDO more now than when I quit after launch. As you say they shower you with stuff, and iit's much easier to level / gear up. Makes playing the new classes fun and not such a huge time / money commitment.

And I gave up trying to keep up with the PvP kings, which made a huge difference in a gear game like BDO. PvP still happens, especially in prime grind spots and node wars. But outside of that it's pretty rare unless you are looking for it. Would love be able to be competitive in the PvP arena but I just don't have the time to invest to get the skills / top gear.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I should also point out that I had a fuck load of CP and workers, which also helped a good amount. Although that's mostly for things like life skill income. Energy helps too, kind of, but not really super impactful. Biggest thing was probably that I already had pets.

But they gave you a free T8 horse, fairy (which wasn't a thing), a couple pets, maids/butlers. It's really ridiculous.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Quite a bit will be changing in regards to Seasons / Olvia server on the 24th. No concrete info on the next Season, but I think its going to be a bit different than previous ones in that Seasons will no longer be for new players to catch up.... that is all being pushed heavily to the "new" Olvia server(s).

Probably won't make much sense for new players, and maybe not for ppl who have been away for awhile, but here is the info about the new Olvia server:

Black Desert Online │ Pearl Abyss Service Starts on February 25

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Weird that they phrase it as "oh, you don't have a season server for leveling Sage, but here's a solution!" that pretty much no current players can utilize.

I can't quite figure out what they're doing. Is it making Naru a permanent thing, getting rid of Tuvala to replace with this new Narchillan thing, and getting rid of season altogether? Confusing shit.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Weird that they phrase it as "oh, you don't have a season server for leveling Sage, but here's a solution!" that pretty much no current players can utilize.

I can't quite figure out what they're doing. Is it making Naru a permanent thing, getting rid of Tuvala to replace with this new Narchillan thing, and getting rid of season altogether? Confusing shit.
The Naru / Narchillan stuff will be permanent, not sure if we will get new Seasons though, and if we do I think they will be different than the previous one where they won't be designed to help ppl catch up.

Edit: Hm, just had a thought that the Narchillan gear could simply be a replacement for the Oasis gear that you can buy at lvl56.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

What do you mean players can't utilize? It's easy as shit to level a Sage right now. I had mine to level 56 in literally just over an hour last night with the +1000% exp buff, on top of a 600% scroll.

Naru sounds like it'll be replacing all the useless armor/weapon rewards you get leveling up/questing and become a permanent thing that you can exchange for Narchillan. It sounds like Tuvala might be going away, unless you already have it. Also, they don't at all mention that seasons are going away. They are just clarifying some changes to the Olvia servers because people are freaking out that Sage isn't releasing with a new season.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What do you mean players can't utilize? It's easy as shit to level a Sage right now. I had mine to level 56 in literally just over an hour last night with the +1000% exp buff, on top of a 600% scroll.

Naru sounds like it'll be replacing all the useless armor/weapon rewards you get leveling up/questing and become a permanent thing that you can exchange for Narchillan. It sounds like Tuvala might be going away, unless you already have it. Also, they don't at all mention that seasons are going away. They are just clarifying some changes to the Olvia servers because people are freaking out that Sage isn't releasing with a new season.
150 family level limit is going keep many, many players out of Velia servers from now on. It's very easy to have 3 toons over level 50, so they still need a catch up mechanic for returning players.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
they still need a catch up mechanic for returning players.
Right, which they have with seasons still. They haven't said seasons are going away, they're just changing Olvia servers and adding clarification on the changes coming to them. People are freaking out that Sage isn't getting a "season" immediately like the last few classes released have and somehow have interpreted that to mean seasons are done.

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dude this game showers you with so much shit its fucking unbelievable. This game has more stones than Rock Garden of Chandigarh. Then all the scrolls, the books, potions, candy fucking blue chests, gold chests shiny chests. Its all fucked. But if youre playing on season server go see fughar and his little elf chick thast stands beside him, hes in every city by the stables. The littrle chick sells all the shit you will need to level, food, 530% exp scrolls, mount food, all for 1 silver ea.

There is not enough time to be doing all the side quest shit, season is only till march 31 so only do main quest up to mediah, by then you will have all the armor and stones you need to upgrade all of your blue armor to V and then trade it in with Fughar to get the next set, which takes a shit ton of farming to get leveled up. Probably will take you some 20-30 hrs to run through that story if youre a noob like me. Bonus if you jsut run through the story shit, they will give you mounts, pets, inv slots and all the shit you need. Then when the server kicks you to standard after season you can convert the gold gear you have in order to use it on standard. So that should be your priority since the gear is pretty decent start. They also give you rings, necklaces and other trinkets you cannot use on this server, I think from achievements? But once you get kicked you will be able to, so keep it in storage.

This dude has a ton of easy to understand vods that will set you straight. (he also has a guide on the horse thing you were trying to do)

Thanks! I didn't know about that NPC near him (Ellie). I saw quite a few things for 1 silver, but no exp scrolls (assuming I am looking at the correct one)?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Thanks! I didn't know about that NPC near him (Ellie). I saw quite a few things for 1 silver, but no exp scrolls (assuming I am looking at the correct one)?
Ellie doesn't sell scrolls. She sells food buffs that are great for grinding, maps which are awesome for occasional ports back to town, boxes for tri-boss equivalent gear once you hit 56, and compasses so you can see yourself on the map in the desert.