Black Desert

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
why the game logs you in zoomed in on tits or crotch I'm not sure
Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

Berzerker one of those harder or easier classes? I was going to go with that or a caster for next class, if zerker is a PITA I'll try wizard I suppose.
One of the easiest classes in the game, at least on Succession. Also probably the 4th best PvE grinder out there as well.

Awakening is a whole different animal though. It's really insane in PvP and kinda "meh" PvE but requires crazy APM/knowledge.

Succ Zerker is absolutely cracked though and Zerker is literally the only class in the game that has ALWAYS been some version of "really fucking good" to absolutely OP. They've avoided so many nerfs that it's a meme that J secretly plays one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Berzerker one of those harder or easier classes? I was going to go with that or a caster for next class, if zerker is a PITA I'll try wizard I suppose.

If you want to see some actual live game play from a shit tier berserker, let me know and I'll jump on discord and stream for you.

• 1Like

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Looking to get into this,if anyone has a spare Traveler to Conqueror steam code and wants to make a buck let me know. I had a standalone account but their insane paywall system won't let me buy anything, so going to remake in Steam, I've heard its a lot smoother.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty impressed for most part, understand now why the world PVP isn't that big of a deal, and not something I have to deal with often, that's fine. Just been picking away and hit 50's last night, at that rate I imagine you could do 1 to 60+ in a single day when you used to the leveling path.
Couple hours. Once you've done a few seasons, you really get it down.

This guide is pretty handy.

The 58-61 questing guides are the fastest way to do those levels if you don't have someone to level you in higher areas (I've never been that lucky).

• 1Like

Molten Core Raider
Blah, I think im done messing with T10 horses. Way too many moving parts just for one attempt, plus I kinda like having a couple T9s. One for my main, one for my gatherer, a T8 that refuses to go up to T9 for moving other alts around.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
If you want to see some actual live game play from a shit tier berserker, let me know and I'll jump on discord and stream for you.
Appreciate it, but I cannot stand watching other people play a game, it's nothing personal, really. Probably some mental thing from being forced to let my little sister play my NES, and constantly getting in shit over it. I'm a massive dick about it with friends, they know, I know it.

I feel like I'm the only person on the planet that has never watched asmongold, or any other streamer lol

The massive amount of 20-30min videos out there to explain something I could read in a paragraph has probably amplified that feeling the last 10 years too.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Couple hours. Once you've done a few seasons, you really get it down.

This guide is pretty handy.

The 58-61 questing guides are the fastest way to do those levels if you don't have someone to level you in higher areas (I've never been that lucky).
I can't agree with that leveling guide, tbh, even on normal servers. Solo Seasonal leveling is pretty fast since most of the time there is a big XP boost event going on. In such situations you'll hit Velia at lvl10-12 or higher, my path after hitting Velia is usually like:

Castle Ruins until 20
Fogans until 26-ish
Bloody M until 35-ish
Marni's Lab until 48-ish (can stay here til 51 as well)
Serendia Shrine until 51
Abandoned Iron Mine until 56 (Mediah kinda sucks due to hard AP caps)
Desert Fogans until 61, or if a 1k XP boost, to 62.

After that I just grind silver / finish up Pass. The Guide mentions Infinite Pots, so that is good for a new player, but getting to 61 would be my priority.. then hit the Pot pieces.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
One of the boxes I opened made one of those global announcements when I got a Tet IV Tungrad earring, says the market price is 6.2 billion. Never had an announcement for an item, and nothing I've looted been over 20mil, let alone a billion.

Lucky, or am I reading this wrong?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I can't agree with that leveling guide, tbh, even on normal servers. Solo Seasonal leveling is pretty fast since most of the time there is a big XP boost event going on. In such situations you'll hit Velia at lvl10-12 or higher, my path after hitting Velia is usually like:

Castle Ruins until 20
Fogans until 26-ish
Bloody M until 35-ish
Marni's Lab until 48-ish (can stay here til 51 as well)
Serendia Shrine until 51
Abandoned Iron Mine until 56 (Mediah kinda sucks due to hard AP caps)
Desert Fogans until 61, or if a 1k XP boost, to 62.

After that I just grind silver / finish up Pass. The Guide mentions Infinite Pots, so that is good for a new player, but getting to 61 would be my priority.. then hit the Pot pieces.
Yeah, I tend to agree. The old method of "questing" through 58-61 is pretty outdated nowadays. Especially with how much they typically bump EXP, hand out EXP scrolls, etc. Plus, silver/hour at "early" game spots has increased a lot since then so you also end up killing two birds with one stone in a sense, especially at Valencia spots. I can maybe see an argument for questing 60-61 during non-events or if you don't have access to Olvia/Seasonal servers. But even then, I still think you're better off just grinding it out at a place like Desert Fogans, Protty, Sycraia Upper, etc.
One of the boxes I opened made one of those global announcements when I got a Tet IV Tungrad earring, says the market price is 6.2 billion. Never had an announcement for an item, and nothing I've looted been over 20mil, let alone a billion.

Lucky, or am I reading this wrong?
Definitely lucky. Hang on to it as it ends up being better than PEN Capotia/seasonal earrings.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So the Marni Realm for Gahaz Bandits includes the rotation that I've been using for the past week, was surprised. Neither of the two old popular spots are included (Cliff / Main)... but those two spots really suck, imo.

This is where I grind there, red dots is the path. Character indicator is where you can keep your mount (empty wooden platform), perfectly safe unless a Shadow spawns nearby, then its adds will aggro on the mount usually.
Gahaz.jpg

Location on world map:
Gahaz2.jpg

The Marni Realm includes a big chunk of the area to the North-North-East.

I think the Shadow spawns (the old Elites of the area) are kinda buggy in that the adds which they spawn can just not spawn, or spawn all at once. If you take your time in killing the Shadow, you can get around 50 adds to spawn (this was my count on the 3 times I let the fight last). Not sure if related, but two of those 3 times, I had another Shadow spawn immediately afterwards.

These have been my grind sessions:
Grind Tracker | Garmoth.com - BDO Companion

The bottom two both had Ancient Weapon Invasions in one or both hours. I used a Coin for 1hr during each of those two sessions, none since. Those Invasions sure give a boost to total silver, and I haven't had one at all since then. Really simple grind that any Season character can do and make billions while the Season lasts, best spot imo unless you're a zoom zoom class at Centaurs. Though I'm hearing the Fogans can get nice silver as well now, but haven't tested it myself.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Went ahead and just made another account, I can catch up on Berserker again pretty fast, and I mainly didn't want to miss out on the newbie pearl deals, which are huge. I can just trade some of that stuff from old account anyway right, i.e mostly stuff that goes in warehouse?

Picked up tent, couple combo deals (pets, inv, pack buff 30day ect) infinite calling horn and the season pass (figured it worth it, couple maids, inventory, other useful things I figure I can achieve in a couple weeks)

I figure I invested it mostly wisely, I didn't see much need for anything else on there for now, I still have some extra pearls for a future good deal or season pass I guess.

Molten Core Raider
Most things in BDO are untradeable, that was kinda one of the big selling points early on, no trading = no RMT (well, very little, you can still RMT if you are brave/stupid enough to allow a farmer access to your account to grind for you). Generally though if it can be listed on the AH, you cant really trade it. Check the tooltip of each item, right under the name and icon it will say something like "Personal Transaction Unavailable".

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Geez, 320 recommended AP. Guess they listened to the complaints about gear capping grind zones.
Both spots seem to be in a beta state in regards to loot, and difficulty. Both spots are very, very reliant on getting the Dark Hunger drops to make any worthwhile silver, atm. I'm sure that will be adjusted like everywhere else though. Some KR player got the Telescope on day 1... 10hr cooldown (lol). The KR streamer I was watching this morning got really lucky. Tapped his 3rd t10, then went and got the Krogdalo Stable item which seems super nice. The item itself can be transferred via maids from character to character (I think it was same region though), and the mount can be placed into the Stable while having a full inventory. No longer need to worry about finding a safe spot for the mount either, since you can just place it in the Stable whenever and call it out whenever. Very nice QoL IF you're lucky enough to have all three of the t10's.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So the Marni Realm for Gahaz Bandits includes the rotation that I've been using for the past week, was surprised. Neither of the two old popular spots are included (Cliff / Main)... but those two spots really suck, imo.

This is where I grind there, red dots is the path. Character indicator is where you can keep your mount (empty wooden platform), perfectly safe unless a Shadow spawns nearby, then its adds will aggro on the mount usually.
View attachment 486012

Location on world map:
View attachment 486013
The Marni Realm includes a big chunk of the area to the North-North-East.

I think the Shadow spawns (the old Elites of the area) are kinda buggy in that the adds which they spawn can just not spawn, or spawn all at once. If you take your time in killing the Shadow, you can get around 50 adds to spawn (this was my count on the 3 times I let the fight last). Not sure if related, but two of those 3 times, I had another Shadow spawn immediately afterwards.

These have been my grind sessions:
Grind Tracker | Garmoth.com - BDO Companion

The bottom two both had Ancient Weapon Invasions in one or both hours. I used a Coin for 1hr during each of those two sessions, none since. Those Invasions sure give a boost to total silver, and I haven't had one at all since then. Really simple grind that any Season character can do and make billions while the Season lasts, best spot imo unless you're a zoom zoom class at Centaurs. Though I'm hearing the Fogans can get nice silver as well now, but haven't tested it myself.
Yeah, Gahaz is pretty cracked now as a great low end spot. It's very agris efficient and other than maybe Awakened Valk, Awakened Musa, and Succ Zerker, I'd probably recommend it over Centaurs to every class straight out of seasons. Either after they already have their pots or between weekly quests.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Seems today's test server update was cancelled due to delays/whatever but it adds some of the stuff they mentionned was coming a month back or whenever it was

[Major updates for the official server on Aug 16 (Wed)]
- Ornette’s/Odore’s Spirit Essence can be stored in the Family Inventory and registered on the Central Market.
- Invest in Nodes without changing characters.
- Maintain Node investment level, even after withdrawal.
- Awakening Berserker and Awakening Corsair Improvement.

This will go live next week in KR like as planned(so they're not delaying it, just no test version) which means it should be patched in 2weeks in other regions too.

They sure have been pumping the QoL updates one after the other. Hell it's kinda weird that they're patching new stuff every week even, it's not major patches or anything but still most mmos only patch every 4-8weeks besides hotfixes.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure what the node investment without changing characters means, unless we're going to be getting a family pool for energy in some way. The permanent node investment level is really nice, and finally...we get pots in family inventory. I imagine PA is pushing themselves to get Ulukita fully done and balanced.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Not sure what the node investment without changing characters means, unless we're going to be getting a family pool for energy in some way. The permanent node investment level is really nice, and finally...we get pots in family inventory. I imagine PA is pushing themselves to get Ulukita fully done and balanced.
Didn't you need to be in a region to assign nodes without paying a fee? I haven't played in forever so maybe they changed it but I vaguely remember having a penalty for doing nodes shit without moving around yourself, the penalty wasn't big but well it was still something and I guess that's what they'd be removing?