Black Desert

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Level 60 now. Just got Magnus done and I am working on the the second Agris book. I have also just started doing some of the Jetina dailies. I am sure there is other stuff I should be starting to do too, some sort of weekly?
Will be working on getting 61/62.
With how cheap boss gear is these days, you may not even need to do Jetina for boss armor, tbh. Just focus on the stones for the PEN accessory upgrade and prepare to live at Kratuga (especially after the changes this week) between infinite pot weekly quests.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
With how cheap boss gear is these days, you may not even need to do Jetina for boss armor, tbh. Just focus on the stones for the PEN accessory upgrade and prepare to live at Kratuga (especially after the changes this week) between infinite pot weekly quests.
It's still worth it on almost every piece if you compare directly, even 2nd exchange can be worth it depending on the slot/server, but if you compare it with Slumbering set pieces price versus upgrading to it yourself, that's when it becomes not worth it. So it's kinda complicated.

Like say Griffon helm, if you use the reform system to get it, it saves you 4b on NA atm so that's nice, but then you basically can't sell it and upgrading to Labreska yourself ends up being a 1b loss overall(even taking into account the 4b difference). Now 1b isn't much overall, and saving 4b early might be worth "losing" 1b later so I think it's still kinda worth it. Gloves you actually save money even when you upgrade to Dahn, while chest you lose even more money(3b for red nose, 6b for dim tree since dim tree needs more caphras).

This post has a neat sheet that pulls data from the market API to calculate for you, just change to the right region. Kutum still very worth it too(especially since you don't even have to get PEN but even at PEN you save several billions and there's no further upgrade so no losses after that).

Also since DP is kinda weird as a value, you can reform to 4 but not finish PEN on armor pieces for a boost at a much lower cost. Money's entirely lost though unless you finish later but you can tweak a bit, which can be useful if you're feeling squishy in a spot and just want a little DP without spending 15b on it.

Edit: I was on the NA sheet not EU, EU follows same rules though just actually even less of a loss even when you upgrade yourself.

Last edited:

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Thanks for the tips. I have started looking at the inf pot. Are there more inf pot drop locations coming in this week, something called "Atanis Element"?

Edit: I am tempted to go after the mana potion first since more energy on the zerker would be a good thing.

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's still worth it on almost every piece if you compare directly, even 2nd exchange can be worth it depending on the slot/server, but if you compare it with Slumbering set pieces price versus upgrading to it yourself, that's when it becomes not worth it. So it's kinda complicated.

Like say Griffon helm, if you use the reform system to get it, it saves you 4b on NA atm so that's nice, but then you basically can't sell it and upgrading to Labreska yourself ends up being a 1b loss overall(even taking into account the 4b difference). Now 1b isn't much overall, and saving 4b early might be worth "losing" 1b later so I think it's still kinda worth it. Gloves you actually save money even when you upgrade to Dahn, while chest you lose even more money(3b for red nose, 6b for dim tree since dim tree needs more caphras).

This post has a neat sheet that pulls data from the market API to calculate for you, just change to the right region. Kutum still very worth it too(especially since you don't even have to get PEN but even at PEN you save several billions and there's no further upgrade so no losses after that).

Also since DP is kinda weird as a value, you can reform to 4 but not finish PEN on armor pieces for a boost at a much lower cost. Money's entirely lost though unless you finish later but you can tweak a bit, which can be useful if you're feeling squishy in a spot and just want a little DP without spending 15b on it.

Edit: I was on the NA sheet not EU, EU follows same rules though just actually even less of a loss even when you upgrade yourself.
Right, the 1st piece is probably still "worth it" in most cases(only if it's Red Nose IMO), but you're getting a free PEN from Magnus. But the 2nd piece is pretty much a net loss and even if I save 1-2 bil by doing the Jetina. It's worth it for me to grind out the 1-2 extra hours of silver just so I don't have to deal with all the bullshit of reform stones, Jetina weekly, etc. I'll fork over the extra bil and just buy that bitch outright.
Thanks for the tips. I have started looking at the inf pot. Are there more inf pot drop locations coming in this week, something called "Atanis Element"?
Not sure. Technically I think we should already have them based upon when they hit Korea. So, the fact that we don't means we might not get them or might not get them until much later.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Edit: I am tempted to go after the mana potion first since more energy on the zerker would be a good thing.
Downside of mana pot is that it doesn't have incremental upgrades.

With health pot, you get one piece and you can use it immediately. And with fairy, you basically have infinite no effort heals.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They are patching Atanis change this week, it's in the notice about guild war changes at the end along with Marni changes and stuff(also cron costs and costumes changes). Atanis elements will make it so you can grind pity pieces in a variety of spots, including some very early spots like Naga, Sausan or Soldier's Cemetery. However you will only get pity pieces, and in some cases you might get less than the actual spot depending on density of mobs and drop rate and such, but it lets you go somewhere else which is nice. Out of the spots some notable ones are Protty and Polly both of which are very good xp spots that'll also drop pity.

Mostly it's gonna be useful to replace the spots like Ronaros and Tshira that are kinda ass, but for the other spots you might as well farm the actual spots.

Drat

I hit up Sherekhan Necropolis for about an hour yesterday to work on the Argis book. I did around 11.5K trash looted in that hour. I had Agris on, level 1 drops on, and I had used a 50% scroll that I got from magus that has an expiration date. I never got a pity drop in that hour as it looks like that is also a spot for part of hp inf potion. The area is AP 210 and I have 241 . Where I failed is I had no tent buffs, no crystals, no food or any other buffs and I still need to fix up my second artifact. After researching it a bit, missing all of those can really have an impact (Crystals were suggested by somebody a few days ago). Getting to +5 crit chance from food/crystals will add a ton. I assume the additional hit chance would have helped even in this area. It wasn't that the area was hard, but there was a tougher mob that just took slightly more time than others.

What are people's standard buff/food grind setups?

Thoughts on these for cheap PVE crystal setups (which aren't dirt cheap)? https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/14gmyz6/cheap_pve_crystal_setup/ I am also watching that video in the link.

Also in regards to alts, I think I need to start looking into an afk/lifte skill alt just because PVE grind buffs. Being able to stop those from ticking down when I am afk seems beneficial. Reddit seems to suggest most people have an alt or two for life skilling while a very few people just don't use them. What does everybody's alt setup look like?

Molten Core Raider
Alts make this game so much easier/more efficient/lazier. I have my lifeskills scattered across three alt characters. I have a farmer/gatherer that i keep out in the wild or at the farms, I have a fisher/alchemist/processor/cook who doesnt leave Heidel, and my third alt is my trainer who rides around on a wagon endlessly. Not having to prep a character and run to the lifeskilling spot is handy, just log them on and they're mostly ready to go. The biggest annoyance of multiple alts is having to pass around the Manos gear.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I hit up Sherekhan Necropolis for about an hour yesterday to work on the Argis book. I did around 11.5K trash looted in that hour. I had Agris on, level 1 drops on, and I had used a 50% scroll that I got from magus that has an expiration date. I never got a pity drop in that hour as it looks like that is also a spot for part of hp inf potion. The area is AP 210 and I have 241 . Where I failed is I had no tent buffs, no crystals, no food or any other buffs and I still need to fix up my second artifact. After researching it a bit, missing all of those can really have an impact (Crystals were suggested by somebody a few days ago). Getting to +5 crit chance from food/crystals will add a ton. I assume the additional hit chance would have helped even in this area. It wasn't that the area was hard, but there was a tougher mob that just took slightly more time than others.

Thoughts on these for cheap PVE crystal setups (which aren't dirt cheap)? https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/14gmyz6/cheap_pve_crystal_setup/ I am also watching that video in the link.

Also in regards to alts, I think I need to start looking into an afk/lifte skill alt just because PVE grind buffs. Being able to stop those from ticking down when I am afk seems beneficial. Reddit seems to suggest most people have an alt or two for life skilling while a very few people just don't use them. What does everybody's alt setup look like?
I went with the beginner crystal setup in that video, gives everything you need early on, more expensive than it was in the video though but still cheap and good investment. For example I'm using the setup to farm Navarn birds on my Shai for the piece there and if I don't equip it I struggle to actually kill them(mind you my Shai has garbo gear, narchillian armor and +15 livero weap) but with it on it's pretty smooth, so definitely makes a big difference, it's a lot of stats and a lot of these are really cheap.

Tent buffs is only worth when you want to seriously get potion drops or rare drops, it is expensive(the item droprate one that is, the AP ones from villa are nice if you want more power). Food definitely always run simple cron meal, shit is stupid cheap for how much power it gives. Potions and stuff I haven't bothered yet doing these early spots, it's overkill. Get artifact+lightstones too if you haven't. Can do a simple spam R quest at the blackspirit for 2 basic artifacts(one of which is a rare AP against monsters), then buy some rage lightstones for 5m each and slap them in for a big AP boost. Can do more specific setups but that one's just easy and cheap to do.

And yeah having a lifeskilling alt is nice enough. I have a Shai for mine but you can pick another class, Shai has some inherent life skill advantages but also some downsides(pretty slow so not great for like gathering spots that are spread out, not super good for hunting versus striker unless you spend time buffing yourself constantly and such). Makes a bit of money overnight if I leave the PC on(like 50ish millions from fishing with season coelecanth), makes a bit of money otherwise and good to get all the various life stuff done. Fairly optional though, life skills just don't make that much money compared to grinding, I just like doing something else every now and then.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Like Pyros Pyros said that beginner crystal setup isn't bad and will be fine for a while.

I typically just run with simple cron in 1-shot spots. But, once you get out of the 240AP bracket (unless you're talking Elvia like Biraghi), spots aren't really "one shotabble" anymore. At those spots, I typically run a simple cron, church buffs from major towns, frenzy draught, and I'll throw on spirit perfume if I'm on my Lahn. My witch doesn't really need the sustain, so I don't use spirit perfume on her. Full elixir rotations aren't really something you have to worry about until the super end game spots like Hexe, Trolls, Dhekia lantern spots, etc.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I go:

Simple Cron (Exquisite Cron if I'm at the AP cap already)
Church Buffs (AP/DP)
Tent Buff (Adventurer's Confidence, 600k)
Adventurer's Luck V* (only if it's got rare drops, cause 50m is expensive as hell)
Villa Buff (Body Enhancement, 1m/hr)
Frenzy Draught

And then add in any EXP scrolls, and occasionally a Perfume if needed.

Pop your Loot scroll (generally yellow), Agris depending on location, and alchemy stone (Vell's).

That about covers it.

Drat

Simple Cron (Exquisite Cron if I'm at the AP cap already)
Church Buffs (AP/DP)
Tent Buff (Adventurer's Confidence, 600k)
Adventurer's Luck V* (only if it's got rare drops, cause 50m is expensive as hell)
Villa Buff (Body Enhancement, 1m/hr)
Frenzy Draught
Does the Body Enhancement and Adventurer's confidence stack?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Saving up for Deathblow at the moment. Needs two Blades, for 10b total. But it should boost my damage significantly (10% crit).

After that I think I'll be back to grinding out money to buy Caphras.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So decided to throw some of the free mats I had at my courser, and it awakened on first tap. Got a Diné instead of a 2nd pegasus to try to get T10, but that's still nice. Now need to train that shithead though cause it's like 3times slower than my courser without any skills+low speed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty much identical to what happened with me a few months ago. One tapped a Dine. Sold it and traded for a Pegasus.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Pretty much identical to what happened with me a few months ago. One tapped a Dine. Sold it and traded for a Pegasus.
Yeah I would trade it for a pegasus but I got one for free from those summer event things so don't even need to, which is nice. I also got a Karanda heart earlier, first big thing I get from world bosses in months of farming them. It's no garmoth heart but it's something, not anywhere close to being able to use it though.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You can extract the heart. And do what I did, just use Jetina to swap out a Tuvala awakening if you need to, and put it in that. It's completely free.

And if you're needing a 2nd pegasus, you can sell the Dine, and use the Training discord to find you an opposite sex Pegasus. I definitely recommend using the Dine to finish the Herald's adventure journals if you haven't done them yet. The desert ones apparently suck, but I did em on a Dine and they were cake.