Black Desert

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah that's why I'm in no hurry to switch it, also I don't really have mats for T10 awakening right now, I have some mystical feathers and a few other things but not all the stuff so no point in trying to get it done asap, so I'll keep Diné for now. I'm thinking of doing some valencia grinding too on my next season chars to get all the knowledge in these areas since I barely touched them, so I'll be using it for that too.

Side note wish the fucking Get All button in mail did anything. Having to claim 20 mails 1 by 1 from twitch rewards every week sucks.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not to say you wasted your money, but The Wild is basically the go to for PVE artifacts until you can afford whatever end game one your class goes with.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Not to say you wasted your money, but The Wild is basically the go to for PVE artifacts until you can afford whatever end game one your class goes with.
It is 1AP more but also needs an irridescent while Savage is just 4 crappy lightstones. It's like 20m for all 4 lightstones. That's what I bought when I restarted cause it was just so cheap, but yeah if you want to put 500m into an irridescent Wild is better, I'll probably redo my setup especially now that I have a 2nd monster AP artifact, gonna give a bit more AP.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Isn't bloodwolves like 5b an hour now? Seems like an iridescent is super cheap when you're bringing in season money.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
New changes to Saunils are great. Averaging like an extra 100-200m/hour there now. Finally puts it up there near places like Bloody Monestary and Jade. Which is great because I've always really liked the spot, but it was dogshit money.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Started crafting a Forest Wagon since training event, dear fuck is it slow as shit, had to drop a bunch of nodes to get more CP to get as many workers in grana as possible and even then it's like 20mins per item and there's 4000 of these fuckers. 9 workers is the max without spending a shit ton of CP linking it to like Calpheon or some nonsense, so only get 27 crafts an hour, so I guess it'll take 6 fucking days to finish, fucking hell. Now I'm really considering just dismantling a lot of my worker stuff and feeding all that CP linking calpheon and Heidel all the way but not even sure how much it'll speed up as I don't know if the workers have to "walk" there for each tasks or only once or what.

Edit: Started unspecing almost everything, linked Calpheon, started sending workers, need to get all the lodgings and hire a lot more fucks. Still not sure if the 2nd craft will be shorter or if it's gonna be 1hour per craft but can get a ton more workers from calpheon anyway.

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Started crafting a Forest Wagon since training event, dear fuck is it slow as shit, had to drop a bunch of nodes to get more CP to get as many workers in grana as possible and even then it's like 20mins per item and there's 4000 of these fuckers. 9 workers is the max without spending a shit ton of CP linking it to like Calpheon or some nonsense, so only get 27 crafts an hour, so I guess it'll take 6 fucking days to finish, fucking hell. Now I'm really considering just dismantling a lot of my worker stuff and feeding all that CP linking calpheon and Heidel all the way but not even sure how much it'll speed up as I don't know if the workers have to "walk" there for each tasks or only once or what.

Edit: Started unspecing almost everything, linked Calpheon, started sending workers, need to get all the lodgings and hire a lot more fucks. Still not sure if the 2nd craft will be shorter or if it's gonna be 1hour per craft but can get a ton more workers from calpheon anyway.
Forest Wagon is annoying as shit to make but it's fucking invaluable if you do horse training as your "offline" activity. I don't regret it at all.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm such a waffler with this fucking game. I've been kind of disappointed with my silver/hr, so I've been bouncing around changing my main.

I thought I had finally settled on Maegu. It feels really strong, with massive AOEs that just dumpster shit. I feel like I'm moving through and between camps faster and just decimating them. But...the numbers aren't there. I know part is that I'm not as proficient with it compared to Lahn, but despite feeling like I'm doing better, I'm not even close.

I was starting to think about buying some weight, but now I'm sitting here thinking maybe I should just go back to Lahn. Part of it too is that I'm not fucking buying something like another horse horn. I also liked the idea of having the Lahn be just my lifeskiller since I'm Artisan or Master in pretty much everything on my Lahn.

And this was after messing around on Berserker and Woosa in the exact same way.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm such a waffler with this fucking game. I've been kind of disappointed with my silver/hr, so I've been bouncing around changing my main.

I thought I had finally settled on Maegu. It feels really strong, with massive AOEs that just dumpster shit. I feel like I'm moving through and between camps faster and just decimating them. But...the numbers aren't there. I know part is that I'm not as proficient with it compared to Lahn, but despite feeling like I'm doing better, I'm not even close.

I was starting to think about buying some weight, but now I'm sitting here thinking maybe I should just go back to Lahn. Part of it too is that I'm not fucking buying something like another horse horn. I also liked the idea of having the Lahn be just my lifeskiller since I'm Artisan or Master in pretty much everything on my Lahn.

And this was after messing around on Berserker and Woosa in the exact same way.
A lot of it is just matching the class to the grind spot. My Lahn performs much better at spots that require a lot of pack to pack movement, for obvious reasons. Orcs, Bloody Monestary, Fogans, etc. But shit where you can just stand still and grind for the most part like Saunils, Murrowak's Lab, Star's End towers, etc. or lower pack to pack movement like Lower Sycraia, Jade Forest, Tunkuta? The AoEs on my Witch definitely make a difference.

That said, the difference isn't MASSIVE. We're typically talking 50-100m/hour or so at most. Obviously it's something that's noticeable and over the "long-term" saves a lot of time. But hour to hour? Not a huge difference and class balance is honestly at the best point it has ever been in BDO IMO.

Play what's "fun" and comfortable IMO, even if that means randomly playing a "less efficient" tagged character here and there to mix it up. That'll make the biggest difference in the end. A class you don't mind sweating out 1000 hours of grinding is much better than squeaking out an extra 100m worth of trash loot on a class that breaks your hands or is annoying to play.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh btw they released a translated version of the season post, so it's official, new "season" starts next week. We get 2 season coupons like KR, so you can play a season char, graduate, then play another season char right away again with a reset season pass and all the usual season rewards. Or you can keep it for later if you want to play a char after some reworks or whatever.

Link in case you didn't like the google translation or didn't read before:

Worth noting, if you have season materials and you want loot scrolls/advice of valks out of them instead of silver, you need to buy that stuff before next maintenance. They will all be deleted after the maintenance. You will be given silver equal to their vendor value, but in case you prefer the trade stuff you need to get that done. I'll just vendor all my stuff and bank on the next season stuff to get the scrolls I need, feels wasteful to use these stones that have value when I can use stones that have no value later.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn bad timing. CP2077 on the 26th and I want to play the update a bit before that.

Oh well, at least I can just login in whenever to start the season later. Will just let them auto sell season mats, what I did usually anyway.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Oh btw they released a translated version of the season post, so it's official, new "season" starts next week. We get 2 season coupons like KR, so you can play a season char, graduate, then play another season char right away again with a reset season pass and all the usual season rewards. Or you can keep it for later if you want to play a char after some reworks or whatever.

Link in case you didn't like the google translation or didn't read before:

Worth noting, if you have season materials and you want loot scrolls/advice of valks out of them instead of silver, you need to buy that stuff before next maintenance. They will all be deleted after the maintenance. You will be given silver equal to their vendor value, but in case you prefer the trade stuff you need to get that done. I'll just vendor all my stuff and bank on the next season stuff to get the scrolls I need, feels wasteful to use these stones that have value when I can use stones that have no value later.
I love the new tagging system sharing EXP in lieu of getting rid of Timepiece. It'll be nice to quickly "powerlevel" tags with your main.

I really wish they'd issue some character expansion slots though.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
1694756555094.png

I had a huge day yesterday, and tapped 3 really good upgrades.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Man this fucking horse rolled EVERY SKILL besides Sprint. I know now for next time, I'll be rolling for Sprint asap, leveling takes like twice as long without it. Fuck the mount tokens.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Man this fucking horse rolled EVERY SKILL besides Sprint. I know now for next time, I'll be rolling for Sprint asap, leveling takes like twice as long without it. Fuck the mount tokens.
Don't worry, I leveled a Doom who didn't learn Sprint, Sideways, S: Sideways, Instant Accel, S: Instant Accel or Drift. Got Dark Sprint though!

Molten Core Raider
Don't worry, I leveled a Doom who didn't learn Sprint, Sideways, S: Sideways, Instant Accel, S: Instant Accel or Drift. Got Dark Sprint though!
Ugh, that hurts. Do the reset thing with Coursers Spirit and get all the skills (if you have the skill reset tokens to burn). It's annoying because you have to babysit the training early on, but worth it to learn everything

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
2 nails in an hour is pretty nice.

I decided to end my Maegu experiment. Went to grind on my Lahn after untagging and was like, holy shit, did I make a massive mistake? Was doing absolute shit damage. Realized about 5 minutes in I had the wrong crystals. Whoops!

I will say, after grinding for a while on the slightly higher APM Maegu, it was nice to have such a chill grind on Lahn. There's really just so much less to care about.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been on a gacha grind lately, so haven't logged into BDO for a few weeks now. Think I'll wait a couple more weeks, couple betas start up next week. Been curious how many hours I have on my account now that they show it explicitly, should be well above 5k asi hit that mark years ago, but never got the 10k milestone.