Black Friday 2018

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
We spent a significant amount on a new spring mattress about 3 years ago when we bought our house. And it sucked (sucks?). At the time, I feel like about 3/4 of the beds in the mattress stores we went to were memory foam.

For the van build we had to get a memory foam because we need to be able to cut it. So far, I'm still not a fan.

That said, I've heard a lot of people saying that latex toppers are the way to go. You can get a foam one, but that's just more of the same.

This one seems cheap enough, assuming it works. We haven't pulled the plug on one yet though.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Ours is a Sealy as well. Has some strange shit in it to keep it cool.

Got flannel sheets for the winter and sleep with the windows open. I dig it

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
so i lamed out for black friday and just bought myself some jeans which were BOGO for 55 dollars. i also bought 3 pounds of pipe tobacco and a new pipe.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wife and I went crazier than ever! Had some promo codes to Samsung...

Samsung soundbar/subwoofer
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier smart watch
Note 9 phone
12 ps4 games from Gamestop
13pc Calphalon pots and pans set from Macy's
Wife picked up some shirts

We are always like naw we won't get much then his happens. Lol

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
My fiance bought a king size mattreas for $500 which is normally $1800

Dunno if its good or not - check it out, might be up your alley

https://trk.overstock.com/Ea9r5wwsaS

Screenshot_20181126-121808.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zzen

Potato del Grande
fohbros- are there any Cyber Monday deals out there on a sick gaming chair? I don't game anymore, so I'm out of touch with the market. Looking for a gift for my gf's dad, who loves to PC game. He has a pretty cool desk / monitor setup, but just a regular chair.

This is PC Gamers top pick or 2018:
OMEGA Series

Looks dope to me, but like I said, I don't know up from down as far as gaming goes anymore. Looking to stay in the few hundred dollar range like this, instead of dropping a G or something.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Gaming chairs are a joke. They're poorly made trash with marked up prices made to look like racing seats for some stupid reasons, made solely to market to kids and the lazy consumers. They fall apart easily and are not ergonomic at all. Get a good condition used steelcase, humanscale or herman miller chair off of craigslist. Unusual for a gift of course, but shouldn't be a problem if it's in good shape and if you do some basic upholstery cleaning.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I got a "big and tall" desk chair at Sams about a year ago.

Its amazing.

It did not come with a memory foam lumbar pillow tho . . . whatever that is worth.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You know we're getting old when the biggest debate in the black friday thread is mattresses :smart:

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
fohbros- are there any Cyber Monday deals out there on a sick gaming chair? I don't game anymore, so I'm out of touch with the market. Looking for a gift for my gf's dad, who loves to PC game. He has a pretty cool desk / monitor setup, but just a regular chair.

This is PC Gamers top pick or 2018:
OMEGA Series

Looks dope to me, but like I said, I don't know up from down as far as gaming goes anymore. Looking to stay in the few hundred dollar range like this, instead of dropping a G or something.
Never buy anything described as "gaming" if isn't an actual piece of electronic equipment used for playing video games(and even then you should probably still steer clear). It WILL be an overpriced piece of shit.

• 3Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
You know we're getting old when the biggest debate in the black friday thread is mattresses :smart:

I read somewhere earlier this year that two things you should never skimp on is mattress or shoes because you spend almost all your life constantly being in one or the other.

Made sense to me

• 3Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Shoes should be 50% of your clothing cost. Ex: 100 jeans, 100 shirt, 20 boxers, 10 socks, 115shoes. Or 4k on a suit, 2k on shoes. Etc. They dont have the appearance appeal, but your right in that you wear them all fucking day. Same with mattresses. Anyway, was looking for some junk on Consumer Reports (forgot I had a sub) and saw mattresses.

Here is an ugly ass copy pasta for whoever cares.

Foam

OVERALL SCORE
Add to Compare
CasperThe Casper7
Best Buy
Price: $995

OVERALL SCORE
Add to Compare
EssentiaStratami2,3,5
Recommended
Price: $2,771

OVERALL SCORE
Add to Compare
ReverieDream Supreme II Hybrid Sleep System Firm5
Recommended
Price: $3,700

OVERALL SCORE
Add to Compare
Sleep on LatexPure Green Firm2,3,5
Recommended
Price: $795

OVERALL SCORE
Add to Compare
BedInABoxTranquillium1,7
Recommended
Price: $1,300

OVERALL SCORE
Add to Compare
Tuft & NeedleMint1
Recommended
Price: $895

Eh, had to delete about 90% of it due to size and image constraints, and the category ratings were all images, so had to delete those too. Blame a_skeleton_03. Sorry pals.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Gaming chairs are a joke. They're poorly made trash with marked up prices made to look like racing seats for some stupid reasons, made solely to market to kids and the lazy consumers. They fall apart easily and are not ergonomic at all. Get a good condition used steelcase, humanscale or herman miller chair off of craigslist. Unusual for a gift of course, but shouldn't be a problem if it's in good shape and if you do some basic upholstery cleaning.

Never buy anything described as "gaming" if isn't an actual piece of electronic equipment used for playing video games(and even then you should probably still steer clear). It WILL be an overpriced piece of shit.

Bummer, but glad I asked. The only thing gaming related I've done in the past decade is read shitposts on different iterations of foh.

I was hoping there was something nice short of the herman miller range. Used furniture sounds like a depressing af gift. I'll go back to the drawing board lol.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Bummer, but glad I asked. The only thing gaming related I've done in the past decade is read shitposts on different iterations of foh.

I was hoping there was something nice short of the herman miller range. Used furniture sounds like a depressing af gift. I'll go back to the drawing board lol.
with much wider screen monitors and wireless mouse and keyboard combos, i think sitting at a desk is on its way out. people just plop down on their favorite couch or whatever and game/watch stuff/jack off to thots from there. does your friend have a wireless KB and mouse?

Zzen

Potato del Grande
with much wider screen monitors and wireless mouse and keyboard combos, i think sitting at a desk is on its way out. people just plop down on their favorite couch or whatever and game/watch stuff/jack off to thots from there. does your friend have a wireless KB and mouse?

It's my gf's dad, so he is a bit older. I don't think a couch setup is in his future. I'll peep his setup the next time I'm over there, but I think he has the mouse/keyboard/steering wheel/etc. for all the games he plays. Thought the chair was a really good idea.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's my gf's dad, so he is a bit older. I don't think a couch setup is in his future. I'll peep his setup the next time I'm over there, but I think he has the mouse/keyboard/steering wheel/etc. for all the games he plays. Thought the chair was a really good idea.
well thats no biggie, if he has the mouse/kb setup covered then see if he could use a new monitor, maybe a larger or a higher rez one. or see what he has for sound.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Still debating that 75 inch 8000 series Samsung . . .

Would replace a 52inch, 720p Samsung as primary TV . . . but I dont watch much TV anymore . . .

But god damn its a giant upgrade, and the 50% off (bullshit [3k MSRP on Samsung site, 2300 on Best Buy]) really makes it hard to ignore.

what do . . . what do . . .