black islamist beheads British soldier in London

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
well, flaw of man's interpretation of "God" is that they see what they understand. If God is real and he is shown to give "message" or "inspire," They wouldn't be perfect in their interpretation either. I actually think Bible is remarkable, given how many times it has changed over the period of history and how that has inspired people to do different things in life (enlightenment, etc). It's probably nonsense in many ways.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
I can't be arsed to go back and look if that's true or not, but you sure did keep it going with your "look at what a bible scholar I am" nonsense.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I can't be arsed to go back and look if that's true or not, but you sure did keep it going with your "look at what a bible scholar I am" nonsense.
Nonsense? Remind me again what you are bringing to the debate table? Still nothing after all these years? Yup, thought so.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Nonsense? Remind me again what you are bringing to the debate table? Still nothing after all these years? Yup, thought so.
I know in your own mind you think you're dropping awesome knowledge, but in reality it's a bunch of "nuh uh" and hilariously uninformed nonsense. I mean, come on. You posted, with no sense of irony, that the Old Testament was written to make Jesus look good.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I know in your own mind you think you're dropping awesome knowledge, but in reality it's a bunch of "nuh uh" and hilariously uninformed nonsense. I mean, come on. You posted, with no sense of irony, that the Old Testament was written to make Jesus look good.
I did not. You have zero understanding of the concepts involved.

Think of it ... God plans both books right? So he plans the one to set the stage and show everyone how bad the world is without and end solution which is Jesus. Then his writers bring in the NT to explain all that.

This is GOD here. Not man. This is Christianity 101 information here man. If you are going to be against something you might as well learn about it.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
I did not. You have zero understanding of the concepts involved.

Think of it ... God plans both books right? So he plans the one to set the stage and show everyone how bad the world is without and end solution which is Jesus. Then his writers bring in the NT to explain all that.

This is GOD here. Not man. This is Christianity 101 information here man. If you are going to be against something you might as well learn about it.
tumblr_m230fmFNuF1rnax3yo1_500.gif

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Its got lots of useful information if you happen to be someone who specializes in iron age cultures and living patterns in the Levant region.

Also, linguists specializing in Greek, Aramaic, and Latin can find a lot of use in it.

Its not without merit. Its just not the answer to all life's problems and the secret to Life the Universe and Everything that the religious institutions have made it out to be over the generations and millenia.

foop_sl

shitlord
I could tell you stories about childhood friends that have been "run out" of France because they were Christian and the muslims around them made their lives a living hell when they found out.

It is one of the most dangerous of the civilized countries for a Christian missionary to live in. You are safer in an undeveloped country full of malaria and dangerous snakes and such than as a Christian missionary than in France.
Have you ever been in France?
A Christian missionary doesn't stand a chance in France unless he is staying in a town like Neuilly sur Seine or Lourdes.
I would suggest you to read Szlia as he explained well the situation in Europe.
Yes french suburb are a fucked up place, but guess what? Trash exists everywhere and in all religions.
Try to understand why the western world has been turning to shit since the 70' instead of being obsessed by islam.

Islam is progressing in the suburb not because of the value of Islam or only because they are all muslim immigrants, but because it's the basis of a "strong" society which France has been lacking. And as anything, when religion meets weak minds, only crap will follow.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yup its Romans

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosex..._New_Testament

Romans 1:26-27 [edit]

Saint Paul writing his Epistles
In the Epistle to the Romans 1:26-27 (English Majority Text Version, EMTV), Paul writes
" For this reason [idolatry] God gave them up to passions of dishonor; for even their females exchanged the natural use for that which is contrary to nature, and likewise also the males, having left the natural use of the female, were inflamed by their lust for one another, males with males, committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the recompense which was fitting for their error.

As with a lot of this, it comes down to who is doing the interpreting and what words are being translated into what, so of course its entirely debateable. But I was raised Southern Baptist, so I can explicitly remember shit like that passage being quoted as justification for being anti homosexuality.

The book of Revelations could definitely be speaking of Nero's reign, but it was pretty much written before the fall of the Western Roman empire by several hundred years (fall of Rome is like 455CE is when it was sacked, 476CE the last Western Roman emperor is deposed, book of Revelation was compiled between 70 and 90 CE, scholars believe) and close to 1000 before the fall of the Eastern Empire.

And yeah, the placement of books is entirely up to interpretation, so Revelations very well could go elsewhere, but it seems to make the most sense where it is in the context of a religious dogma. Every religion needs its Ragnarok.
There's an even better one than that. I forget exactly where it is because why would I remember, but it's also Paul and he's addressing the settlement of disputes. He writes something to the effect of "let no man treat another as a woman"... and there you have it. But he's talking about not beating the other guy into submission or dismissing him without thought or issuing commands to social equals.

I remember being quoted that verse a few times and thinking what the fuck, seriously? Then going to find it and realizing that's not what he was talking about at all.

Southern Baptists are weird.