Black Lightning

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
ah, the first episode is out. yeah, I was just talking about the trailer. and, yes, I even overlooked them more or less in the trailer. it focused on him and *his* powers.

The girls have powers too. in comics, they are more used and relevant then Black lightning himself these days. he mostly shows up as retired superdad. Kindof like Steel and Natasha Irons. Natasha is way way more active then him in comics.
After you've watched the first episode you'll see there is no reason to spoiler that.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
This was okay. I did really like Cress Williams and that one black chick with the amazing ass. I'm not familiar with the comic character, so just going from the TV show I found his powers rather lame -- punches and kicks and tosses some lightning bolts around. Not impressed. Plus his costume was really low budget and plasticly looking.

For posterity:

02XcqjM.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
got around to it.

I like it. Seems like a better version of Luke Cage.
Im not sure why the reviews are so mixed. Possibly the lack of marathon format. Lets hope it doesnt end up standard CW format.

Uniform is way overdone yeah.

Goatface

"Black Lightning" will end its run on The CW after its upcoming fourth season. It follows the cancellation of CW's fellow superhero shows "Supergirl" and "Arrow."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
"Black Lightning" will end its run on The CW after its upcoming fourth season. It follows the cancellation of CW's fellow superhero shows "Supergirl" and "Arrow."
Hmm, wonder if Painkiller is still going forward then. I have to believe that Covid had a part in this. The ratings weren't as bad as Supergirl I don't think. The show wasn't bad in itself. I only got into it more once they merged universes though.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I think they're just having issues getting ratings. And they aren't honestly self aware enough to have a serious talk as to why they're having this issue.

If they roll the Superman and Lois show, with it being pre-release lambasted for not being diverse and "woke" enough and it suddenly gets ratings I think a lot of exec heads will assplode....