Black Mirror

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I thought they cannibalized a couple Nine Inch Nails songs for the pop one, but its all just Head like a Hole with some lyrics rewritten. I imagine knowing the music is why I liked that episode the most. I found something funny about Miley fans listening to popified NIN and NIN fans actually being able to listen to Miley sing a song for more than a few seconds.

The facebook episode was a PSA about unsafe driving, as I didn't see tech in that episode that doesn't already exist and being used as such. I didn't care for it at all.

The first episode was ok, I guess, but agree that it was too long.

Last edited:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I found something funny about Miley fans listening to popified NIN and NIN fans actually being able to listen to Miley sing a song for more than a few seconds.

Of all current pop singers, Miley is just about the most tolerable. I would still never choose to put her on of my own free will, but I don't mind when my girlfriend puts her on all that much. And Wrecking Ball is pretty fun to play on geetar

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It took place in 2018

Black Mirror's underlying theme is that the misuse of fictional technology, sometimes based on current technology, can lead us to unforeseen terrible consequences. That episode failed in the fictional technology department, and thus, I didn't like it.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Black Mirror's underlying theme is that the misuse of fictional technology, sometimes based on current technology, can lead us to unforeseen terrible consequences. That episode failed in the fictional technology department, and thus, I didn't like it.

There have been episodes that don't use fictional technology, and thus, you're retarded

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Been wondering where TF Black Mirror is and if it's gone forever, and got to thinking about Metalhead. What a tremendous episode.

I'd like to see a prequel to Metalhead that shows us how things got to that point. Yeah it'd kill a lot of the mystery, but it could be great. Hell, there might already be an episode like that since some of the episodes appear interconnected timeline-wise.

Last season was awful, hope that isn't the end.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Well, Black Mirror really fell off the face of the Earth. For a while I was dying for a new season and new episodes. Like this was my favorite new show in the late 2010s.

Checking in as of 2022, and seeing how many other things I used to like have been dredged up and ruined via being politicized, I could actually do without any more Black Mirror. That last season definitely had the smell of politicization all over it, though it wasn't potent yet. Even the season before that had a little bit, like the evil captain resembling Trump. It's all stuff I can easily ignore, but I have a feeling if it continues it'll just bash me in the face with it and let me know it doesn't need me as a viewer anymore, like so many other things have done. And I'd rather leave the memories alone and revisit the existing episodes from time to time without having the whole thing get ruined for me.

TLDR: I'm so tired of things I like being revived only to be politicized that at this point I don't even really want to see things revived anymore if I think that's the direction they're going in.

Juvarisx

Florida
Well, Black Mirror really fell off the face of the Earth. For a while I was dying for a new season and new episodes. Like this was my favorite new show in the late 2010s.

Checking in as of 2022, and seeing how many other things I used to like have been dredged up and ruined via being politicized, I could actually do without any more Black Mirror. That last season definitely had the smell of politicization all over it, though it wasn't potent yet. Even the season before that had a little bit, like the evil captain resembling Trump. It's all stuff I can easily ignore, but I have a feeling if it continues it'll just bash me in the face with it and let me know it doesn't need me as a viewer anymore, like so many other things have done. And I'd rather leave the memories alone and revisit the existing episodes from time to time without having the whole thing get ruined for me.

TLDR: I'm so tired of things I like being revived only to be politicized that at this point I don't even really want to see things revived anymore if I think that's the direction they're going in.

Uhh the very first episode had the British PM fuck a pig, 50 million merits is literally about classism and hyper capitalism, White Bear is about mob justice, hell The Waldo Moment came out in 2013. The show has always been political, and for fuck sakes Meth Damon was not a Trump allegory.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Uhh the very first episode had the British PM fuck a pig, 50 million merits is literally about classism and hyper capitalism, White Bear is about mob justice, hell The Waldo Moment came out in 2013. The show has always been political, and for fuck sakes Meth Damon was not a Trump allegory.

Yeah, of course it's always been political. However there's a difference between a show having politics, or even tackling political issues, versus the kind of newer preachyness that I'm referring to / afraid it'll go in the direction of.

See also the difference between Star Trek Deep Space Nine and Star Trek Picard. They both have similar messaging, yet different delivery. DS9 is political in a thought-provoking way, Picard is political in a ham-fisted, preachy, angry way.

LOL at Meth Damon though. I dunno, he looked and acted like a Trump allegory.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Black Mirror was just a showcasing of what the World Economic Forum wants to do to our population.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob

s6 drops June 2023

netflix is implementing password sharing in may/june in USA so makes sense to drop this and witcher in june

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Anyone see the five new episodes yet? Without spoilers, they good? Which ones are the best? Might have people over and watch 1-3 of them tomorrow night.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Middle of 2nd ep now that is Podrick Payne in the pub.

1st episode was good and about half a mind fuck.

Edit : Finished 2ep, it's pretty solid as well

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user