Black Panther (2018)

spronk

FPS noob
Its silly that 100% of critics think this movie is 7/10 or better, there should always be that one asshole critic who thinks all comic book movies are for unintelligent man babies but nah, not a single critic will throw shade at this movie because they will lose their job after they get twitter bombed. it'll be 100%, i said that a few months ago and stick by it. The only debate really is metacritic, where its 87/100 which is much more reasonable.

Actually its kinda funny if you go into MC and you see a ton of 80/100 reviews, and you KNOW its getting that bump up to 80 just to avoid the twitter storm

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
It's at 100% for the first 4 hours of reviews being allowed; 51 reviews so far. Ragnarok had well over 300.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Or maybe they just liked the movie.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
If you are going for diversity this is the way to do it, show an african story with african people and culture. I hope they pull it off.

If they don't we are just getting tokens and blackwashing white characters forever.

I may be bad but downvoting it before seeing it is dumb.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
If you are going for diversity this is the way to do it...
i-do-not-think-it-means-what-you-think-it-means.jpg

di·ver·si·ty
dəˈvərsədē,dīˈvərsədē/
noun: diversity

* the state of being diverse; variety.
"there was considerable diversity in the style of the reports"
* * a range of different things.
plural noun: diversities
"newspapers were obliged to allow a diversity of views to be printed"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande

di·ver·si·ty
dəˈvərsədē,dīˈvərsədē/

Oh yeah I meant it in the racist SJW way. They infected me.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I love how they want "diversity" to mean 100% black and only black. That isn't diverse at all.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
You know Armond White is going to shit all over this. That will be at least one negative review.

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
This looks awesome. Fuck the haters. Can't wait to watch it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
I love how they want "diversity" to mean 100% black and only black. That isn't diverse at all.

Well, there's at least 2 white people -- Bilbo and Gollum -- plus i'm sure more people will pop up. I have zero issues with the cast and themes of the movie, I think people here will be surprised too. The initial setup arc apparently has the bad guy wanting to take over/attack/whatever Wakanda because they won't share their tech with the poor (black?) people of america, and he thinks thats wrong and they should share. So kind of an interesting setup that will probably trigger everyone, from the right wing "WE WUZ KANGS CANT HAVE HIGH TECH" to the SJWs being unsure of how to react to a Wakanda that is more Trump than Trump. If Wakanda is great then isn't what they are doing the right strategy?

My only problem is that its silly stupid that 100% of critics are gonna give this a 80/100 or better, no movie ever made ever should have 100% uniformity of opinion and when it does its because critics aren't doing their job anymore and giving their honest review, they are trying to please social media. Thats just wrong, and nowadays its amplified 100x because if you say the wrong thing a giant angry online mob will demand you get fired.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>

di·ver·si·ty
dəˈvərsədē,dīˈvərsədē/

Well, I could be wrong, but I believe Diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Well, there's at least 2 white people -- Bilbo and Gollum -- plus i'm sure more people will pop up. I have zero issues with the cast and themes of the movie, I think people here will be surprised too. The initial setup arc apparently has the bad guy wanting to take over/attack/whatever Wakanda because they won't share their tech with the poor (black?) people of america, and he thinks thats wrong and they should share. So kind of an interesting setup that will probably trigger everyone, from the right wing "WE WUZ KANGS CANT HAVE HIGH TECH" to the SJWs being unsure of how to react to a Wakanda that is more Trump than Trump. If Wakanda is great then isn't what they are doing the right strategy?

My only problem is that its silly stupid that 100% of critics are gonna give this a 80/100 or better, no movie ever made ever should have 100% uniformity of opinion and when it does its because critics aren't doing their job anymore and giving their honest review, they are trying to please social media. Thats just wrong, and nowadays its amplified 100x because if you say the wrong thing a giant angry online mob will demand you get fired.

Still 200+ reviews to go. Plus, big companies have gotten better about inviting critics to premieres that they think will like it without actually having to buy them off (outside of attending a premiere).

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Well, I could be wrong, but I believe Diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.

Warrik I highly doubt movie critics are worried about the lack of an old old wooden ship.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream

I'm not saying it's going to be a bad movie at all. I just don't like how SJW have hijacked the words Diverse & Diversity to mean "black and only black".

Quaid

Trump's Staff
All I know is Disney won’t get another fucking cent of my money after The Last Jedi.

I’ll wait for Netflix on this one. Infinity War too.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users