Black Panther (2018)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The fights scenes were disappointing. The first one in the jungle was waaay too dark. I couldn't tell what the hell was going on. Then the final BP/Killmonger scene was lackluster, too much CG. Black Panther in Civil War was a badass and there weren't near as much CG with him in it as in BP. He actually kicked ass in CW. I was expecting more of a CW black panther. The only fight scenes were decent for me are the ones for the throne of Wakanda.
Cw fight scene was done in day time at an airport with very few buildings distorting the action. In fact the only reason why fight scenes we're even in building was cuz the breakout star couldn't web sling on a cloud.

How many black panter scenes we're at night or in a jungle or in a building?

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
f7FdEdG.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
$202 three day, 235 estimated four day. It's insane this made almost as much as avengers (though not quite as close given inflation). Definitely a cultural event situation propelling those numbers, not unlike WW.

How fucked would it be if avengers 3 didn't eclipse this?

'Black Panther' Delivers Fifth Largest Opening of All-Time, Heading Toward $235M+ 4-Day Debut - Box Office Mojo

Must be some unreported shootings at theaters I just haven't heard about.

Or people just went to go see the latest Marvel film and it made a ton of money.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vycron

Derives Perverse Pleasure
<Gold Donor>
Is there anything obvious in this that leads into Infinity War? Or is it pretty much self-contained? I have no interest in going to a theater to see this(i'll catch it down the road I'm sure) but plan on going to IW for sure. Apologies if this has been asked already.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
There is absolutely nothing that leads to Infinity War. Even the final after credits scene with Bucky (look back a few pages for my post) doesn't really do anything Infinity War related. It was very much a stand alone movie. It doesn't tie in to anything, but it does reference the events of Civil War a few times due to BP's father getting killed in the bombing.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
With people who are saying this is the best movie ever, I have to wonder how many movies they have seen.

Me and the fam damily are waiting to see this on Netflix because I thought the trailers looked mediocre, like Wonder Woman’s, and neither me nor the exWife are interesting in paying to support the vurtue signalling behind this movie.

Most of the reviews on here seem to put it on par with an average but good movie, Wonder Woman was barely above average and some people acted like it was the best thing ever...

Virtue signalling or just people who have not really seen a lot movies?

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
There is absolutely nothing that leads to Infinity War. Even the final after credits scene with Bucky (look back a few pages for my post) doesn't really do anything Infinity War related.

I think the Bucky related stuff just sets up:

That he will be "cured" (the Hydra mental triggers will be gone) by the time of IW and that Shuri has the knowledge to possibly be of some help should they want to remove the Mind Stone from Vision (which itself is conjecture as to it being a plot point in IW right now). So yeah, only very lightly connected.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
With people who are saying this is the best movie ever, I have to wonder how many movies they have seen.

Me and the fam damily are waiting to see this on Netflix because I thought the trailers looked mediocre, like Wonder Woman’s, and neither me nor the exWife are interesting in paying to support the vurtue signalling behind this movie.

Most of the reviews on here seem to put it on par with an average but good movie, Wonder Woman was barely above average and some people acted like it was the best thing ever...

Virtue signalling or just people who have not really seen a lot movies?

Wakandan Americans are a people of low expectations

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So apparently the entire Wakanda set was shot in just TWO places, a busy street that was used like 678 times, and Black Panthers sisters spot.

And that's it, besides wide panning shots of the skyline and some weird looking cave dwellers on the side of a mountain.

This movie was really actually very bad.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
it amuses me that for the average american black - this is basically the pinnacle of their cultural achievement

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Must be some unreported shootings at theaters I just haven't heard about.

Or people just went to go see the latest Marvel film and it made a ton of money.

You know you’ve effectively trolled a man when they are still thinking about it a week later.

I feel like I just leveled up.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
$202 three day, 235 estimated four day. It's insane this made almost as much as avengers (though not quite as close given inflation). Definitely a cultural event situation propelling those numbers, not unlike WW.

'Black Panther' Delivers Fifth Largest Opening of All-Time, Heading Toward $235M+ 4-Day Debut - Box Office Mojo

If you're talking about just the opening weekend numbers I'd say it's not likely that it won't but it's definitely in the cards now whereas a few weeks ago I think most would have scoffed at the notion.

One thing you have to ask how many people who are definite for IW's opening took a pass on BP's vs how much of the BP opening crowd will take pass or wait on IW's. I don't think it's a given that most of those that were introduced to the MCU by BP will be locked in for IW though there is now an avenue for marketing to them. IW will probably have a couple of hundred more screens nationwide for it's opener in it's favor. Will people view it as a true finale and that cause an uptick from AoU's numbers or will that effect be blunted by it being a Part 1 of?

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider

I don't think it will. most don't like bubblegum thanos. Maybe I should make him my avatar

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
So apparently the entire Wakanda set was shot in just TWO places, a busy street that was used like 678 times, and Black Panthers sisters spot.

And that's it, besides wide panning shots of the skyline and some weird looking cave dwellers on the side of a mountain.

This movie was really actually very bad.
Ever see the one about 300's set?