Black Panther (2018)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
If you're talking about just the opening weekend numbers I'd say it's not likely that it won't but it's definitely in the cards now whereas a few weeks ago I think most would have scoffed at the notion.

One thing you have to ask how many people who are definite for IW's opening took a pass on BP's vs how much of the BP opening crowd will take pass or wait on IW's. I don't think it's a given that most of those that were introduced to the MCU by BP will be locked in for IW though there is now an avenue for marketing to them. IW will probably have a couple of hundred more screens nationwide for it's opener in it's favor. Will people view it as a true finale and that cause an uptick from AoU's numbers or will that effect be blunted by it being a Part 1 of?
To be fair, the very end of BP said "BLACK PANTHER will return in AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR"

As seen here:
Here's a video of the closing credits + both scenes. Not the best quality, but it works.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
zach.PNG

• 2Picard
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
To be fair, the very end of BP said "BLACK PANTHER will return in AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR"

Sure. What it comes down to is, and this may sound odd but, is BP's presence and part of IW being in Wakanda enough to pull in a large enough chunk of the "newer" audience? Or was the event status of the BP movie created more by the total weight of everything it has going on and can that interest be bridged into another movie that doesn't have all of it as well?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
With people who are saying this is the best movie ever, I have to wonder how many movies they have seen.

Me and the fam damily are waiting to see this on Netflix because I thought the trailers looked mediocre, like Wonder Woman’s, and neither me nor the exWife are interesting in paying to support the vurtue signalling behind this movie.

Most of the reviews on here seem to put it on par with an average but good movie, Wonder Woman was barely above average and some people acted like it was the best thing ever...

Virtue signalling or just people who have not really seen a lot movies?
WW is the best DC movie ever, since the dark knight, everything in between sucks. This isn't to how great DC is at making superhero movies, rather how mediocre they are.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
WW is the best DC movie ever, since the dark knight, everything in between sucks. This isn't to how great DC is at making superhero movies, rather how mediocre they are.
Incorrect. Dark Knight and Batman Begins crush WW. Hell 89 Batman is better.

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You know you’ve effectively trolled a man when they are still thinking about it a week later.

I feel like I just leveled up.

I guess the "it won't make money" guys should feel special too. This movie is great for spotting everyone on either end of the spectrum.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
why is lady liberty crying. i also realized gal gadot doesn't have a very jewy nose, fake jew?

2idKGNV.jpg

• 5Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
why is lady liberty crying. i also realized gal gadot doesn't have a very jewy nose, fake jew?

2idKGNV.jpg
That's from The Onion. Lady Liberty is always crying in his comics.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user