Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022)

Fadaar

That guy
i wonder how much money they'd have to throw at John Boyega for him to take the BP role. not saying he'd be the best guy for the role, but with how much he hates Disney I'd legit like to know a number.

• 1Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

Boyega might be an ok Blue Marvel.

probably a solid Cyborg in DC.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
76E6F174-7E96-403B-BA58-0C067480F730.png

King Namor's throneroom.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
i wonder how much money they'd have to throw at John Boyega for him to take the BP role. not saying he'd be the best guy for the role, but with how much he hates Disney I'd legit like to know a number.
For some reason black people I know hate him. Anectdotal but it makes me wonder how widespread that sentiment is.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think the fan backlash would not be worth the hassle to recast him for awhile.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Box-Office Pro, which has a long track record of early projections and is often on the ball, reports that estimates are the film could beat the original 2018 film’s $202 million opening weekend.

Early tracking estimates indicate the film is targeting an opening anywhere in the $180-225 million range. That would overtake the $187 million opening weekend gross of “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” earlier this year (the biggest of 2022 to date),

It would also put it as one of the bigger box-office opening weekends of all time – around the $207 million start of “The Avengers,” $208 million of “Jurassic World” and potentially challenging the $220 million start of “Star Wars: The Last Jedi”.

• 1Direct to DVD

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I wonder if BLM's fall from grace will effect that.
i also wonder if lack of actual Black Panther and a fucking horrible phase 4 with no big villain to look forward to will affect the numbers. this is going to "underperform" like the others. there are no stakes and no protagonist. good luck with your biggest opening of all time.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I would imagine a big part of those projections are based on tickets already sold.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I would imagine a big part of those projections are based on tickets already sold.
we'll see. i seriously doubt its going to outsell Love & Thunder which everyone was looking forward to seeing (then they did and it went downhill from there). as opposed to BP2 which, is anyone looking forward to seeing Shuri pretend to be BP? and fighting a mexican??

• 1Worf

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
we'll see. i seriously doubt its going to outsell Love & Thunder which everyone was looking forward to seeing (then they did and it went downhill from there). as opposed to BP2 which, is anyone looking forward to seeing Shuri pretend to be BP? and fighting a mexican??
Want to avatar bet that BP2 opens higher than Thor 4?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Thor Love and Thunder made 100 mil less than Ragnarok, but it also didn't open in China like Ragnarok did. Ragnarok made over 110 mil in China. Same with Doctor Strange MoM, that made 950 mil and didn't open in China. Although the reviews were meh for both they still made a shit load of cash.

Thinking Black Panther 2 won't do well is kinda just letting your personal Marvel bias get in the way. Fans of BP are gonna go because they will want to see how and what they do to honor Boseman. Also Shuri was a well received character in the first movie, so her becoming the new BP isn't gonna turn off that many people.