Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022)

Fadaar

That guy
A good enough tribute to Chadwick Boseman might deserve a tear or two, he was awesome as T'Challa.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Lol totally, complete fag for crying.

Everyone knows the correct time to cry is when Yondu dies
It was all about those fucking fire works. Shit, I just did a silent laugh and could feel tears trying to come out. Guardians rules.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol totally, complete fag for crying.

Everyone knows the correct time to cry is when Yondu dies
There was only one valid time to shed a tear...

1667140212743.png

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'll watch it just because Marvel, but I really didn't like the first one at all. And I'm bound to not like this one either. Oh well.

Yea this is just another steelbook to pre-order for the collection. Nothing special.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
35/10, rumour is that Wokewood is cancelling the oscar nominations because they have a winner in all categories.

• 1Worf

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What they did to Namor is unforgivable.

Presence of Ironheart in this movie earns it a hard pass from me.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's pretty scathing from someone who calls the original the "crown jewel of the franchise." For those of us who thought the first was a middling movie that only got good reviews to sate race relations, it's probably unwatchable.

• 1Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I saw it today. I was never a huge fan of the first movie which was okay but way overhyped for obvious reasons not related to the actual quality of the movie.

Without going into heavy spoilers, Chadwick's absence is sorely felt in this movie, both in the story and in a meta way. He was a good Black Panther, and it's clearly hard to fill those shoes after his passing.

The film felt like half of it was his funeral in one way or another, with Avatar 2 sandwiched in between the grieving moments because it's literally about aquatic blue-skinned people with spears and savage armor attacking other people who have machines.

I wouldn't say it was a disappointment because I wasn't hyped about it, but I'm not angry I watched it either. A couple woke-ish moments but not excessive as far as I was concerned.

Can be seen in a vacuum without knowing anything about the previous Phase 4 movies, and I'm not sure how much it will actually further the MCU story at all beside having a new Black Panther because it all happens in a bubble for the most part.

There's ONE scene during the credits (and it is pretty important), nothing at the very end.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I thought the first was a solid movie, and made me interested in, if not a fan, of the character. Something other films have done as well as I was always an X-Men fan and not into the Avengers, Ant-Man, etc all that much. Good movies, stories and casting have left me hooked on all things MCU.

Re-watched the first last night, and just got home from Wakanda Forever and I'm really happy with it. Looking forward to watching it with the kids probably next weekend.

I thought they did right by both Chadwick and T'Challa. Movie is long but doesn't feel really long because it is paced really well.

Didn't like Namor's supporting cast. Namora was a throwaway character. Attuma looked stupid... comics on the right, movie art on the left :(:

1668135501315.png

Climactic fighting scene got a bit convoluted MCU-style, but overall was decent. Enjoyed the cameos / returning characters, especially the non-Wakandans.

Ironheart felt a little wedged into things at times, but overall a good introduction and I'm looking forward to her series I suppose, was never really interested in reading her comics. Kinda wonder if we met her AI during this movie too.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This any good? How'd they handle Chadwick/T'Challa? I assume he dies early in the movie or offscreen. Spoil away because I probably won't get to this one for a while.

Was actually supposed to see it tonight, friend got me a ticket to it, and then I got held up on the highway by Accident #4803 this month and would have been like 25 minutes late so I just bailed and paid him back for the ticket.

I think people need to get off the drugs, I see multiple accidents every time I'm on the road for a couple hours.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Didn't like Namor's supporting cast. Namora was a throwaway character. Attuma looked stupid... comics on the right, movie art on the left :(:

View attachment 442385
They had to change the look for the MCU Atlantis stuff. Otherwise it looks like them copying Aquaman. What kinda sucks is we'll probably never see an actual Atlantis Attacks story.