Black Sails

Cybsled

Ya, Spartacus was slow/crappy until that point. Words fell from its mouth like shit from ass.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Just started watching this, and so far so good, but this make up goof (scars jumping from R side face to L side) is bothering mehttp://i.imgur.com/N3Tg7LW.jpg
It's probably not a make-up goof. It's probably an editting goof and the editor mirrored the shot to make a dialogue flow better. In fact, if you look at the guy's collar, you can see that's exactly what happened.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
First episode was good but it has Michael Bay's named attached to it. Hopefully the writing can hold up. My main complaint is everybody is too clean. They are all clean shaven and shit. They need to dirty them up a little. I guess if that's all I have to complain about the show should be ok.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was horrible, MTV Carribean with awful writing :

- Piracy is a normal business venture, where the ship's CEO is elected like a fine citizen.
- Pirates are Emporio Armani models, they have hipster beards, cool haircuts and fancy clothes. Some of them also have shaved chests.
- Women are strong and independant, they can do whatever they want and because gender equality was really important amongst pirates back then.
- Black people are well respected because pirates are gender equal AND progressive too !

Kinkle_sl

shitlord
Some of that stuff is legitimate history of the period (homosexed up a bunch, granted). One of my biggest issues was just how every character was a slightly varied extreme of gaping bitchness. And you're right, the writing in this show is terrible. That said, Spartacus was really bad for the first several episodes as well, so I'll try it for a month, because given the setting I really want it to be good.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I'm skeptical of tv shows that have this much promotion and this much focus on how stuff was made before the premiere, and the pilot pretty much confirmed my fears. There's nothing dark about this show and the CGI is terrible.

velk

Trakanon Raider
- Women are strong and independant, they can do whatever they want and because gender equality was really important amongst pirates back then.
Eh ? The merchant chick's best move is 'I'll tell on you to my dad', which was met with 'who the fuck cares'. The rest of the women are whores - where are these strong independent women doing what they want ? ;p

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eh ? The merchant chick's best move is 'I'll tell on you to my dad', which was met with 'who the fuck cares'. The rest of the women are whores - where are these strong independent women doing what they want ? ;p
- Whores without pimps, scheming and plotting freely.

- The blonde chick acting like a feminine version of Deadwood's Swearengen at the tavern.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
- guarding the north from zombies is a normal business venture, where the Wall's CEO is elected like a fine citizen.
- doth'raki are Emporio Armani models, they have hipster beards, cool haircuts and shaved chests.
- Women are strong and independant, they can do whatever they want and because gender equality was really important amongst nobility back then.
- Black people are well respected because slave traders are gender equal AND progressive too !
All of your complaints apply to game of thrones as well. is that a terrible show also?

Dulldain_sl

shitlord

- Piracy is a normal business venture, where the ship's CEO is elected like a fine citizen.
Actually yes, depended on the ship or whatever but they most definately had articles concerning running the ship.

- Pirates are Emporio Armani models, they have hipster beards, cool haircuts and fancy clothes. Some of them also have shaved chests.
granted

There were a few but they were the exception and of those they were the captains wives. Its PC.

- Black people are well respected because pirates are gender equal AND progressive too !
Many pirates in the Carribean were black and they had the same rights as any other pirate of the day including several black pirate captains.

A mulatto amongst Stede Bonnet?s crew had a confrontation with a white sailor who refused to sign the articles of agreement. After cursing the man, the black pirate wondered ?why I did not go to the pump and work among the rest, and told me that was my Business and that I should be used as a Negroe.? (Kinkor, 199) Captain Bonnet overheard the exchange and concurred with the pirate ? a man was either a sea rover or a slave, regardless of his color or status.

velk

Trakanon Raider
- Whores without pimps, scheming and plotting freely.

- The blonde chick acting like a feminine version of Deadwood's Swearengen at the tavern.
It's a whorehouse - the stringy haired guy owns it, and the grey haired woman is the madam.

As for the latter - what, Swearengen got told to go fuck himself and then walked off, saying he was horny was going to go fuck himself ? I think you got got that scene completely backwards - it was showing that she wants to be a tough guy but has no real power.

felldoh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Fruit. Fruit.
Tits. Tits.
Plant. Plant.
It's the fuckin' same.

Show's off to a pretty decent start.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

Doesn't sound like you know much about pirates. Other than point 2, which is just hollywood being hollywood, that all sounds legit.