Black Sails

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
You can always count on this show for at minimum two unshaven muffs per episode, if that's your thing.

The story is extremely convoluted for such a straightforward concept, but I actually do enjoy each episode. It's also got the best opening credits since Game of Thrones.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I'm fine with homosexual characters, scenes, etc.(Spartacus is a top 5 show for me and it's one of the most homoerotic shows ever), but I think it's something that has to fit the setting/story/etc. This was literally just a hamfisted, ridiculous way to force a "gay" character down our throat. Especially since they already had one in the French girl. On top of that, Flint was banging the shit out of Ms. Barlow last season, plus had enough sexual tension with Elanore Guthrie that you could cut it with a knife. It literally makes 0 sense for his character to be gay, based on the story so far.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Not a bad episode but nothing huge going on.

I read Treasure Island two weeks ago and I feel like they need to make Flint a little scarier soon and same with Silver.

I don't recall meeting all the crew yet either. We met Billy Bones but not Pew or Israel Hands that I remember.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Tonight's episode was so damn good, the ending I believe is Vanes payback
smile.png
We should know next week.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The shit with Anne/the brothel has to stop. The 4 minute long shots with sappy violins playing in the background is boring as shit.

That said, it looks like we're finally getting a taste of Long John Silver. I can't wait.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Last couple episodes have been pretty amazing imo. Captain Vane alone making these episodes worth the watch. Season finale coming up tomorrow, looks like it should be awesome.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
I agree, i love this show and don't get the hate.
There's a lot of things to hate depending on how nitpicky you are. I enjoy the show, but there's some annoying shit to sit through. Like the blonde's character being scheduled for at least 2 snarky bitch-speeches per episode for 5-6 episodes straight. She's an annoying character who's been written into a corner but she still gets crammed into every episode at excess. It made sense when it was 'weeeee, lesbians' time with Max. Not so much now.

Captain Vane's head being about five times too large for the rest of his body.

Can't really think of much else off the top of my head.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just finished the season finale, damn this show is so good cant wait for season 3 and Blackbeard now!!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I DVR'd S2 on the free Starz Marathon today. Is this worth watching and do I need to see S1 first? Or should I just fast forward through the episodes to see the tits?

Seventh

Golden Squire
I DVR'd S2 on the free Starz Marathon today. Is this worth watching and do I need to see S1 first? Or should I just fast forward through the episodes to see the tits?
I think it kicks ass. You'll want to watch S1, or you'll have no idea what's going on in S2. S1 is decent but a bit slow, S2 is quite a bit better.

Defend_sl

shitlord
This is my review...

This is how good Black Sails is...
1.) It's the first show since Battlestar Galactica or Game of Thrones that I've put everything else down and watched with 100% attention
2.) The finale of season 2 disclaimer at the beginning didn't have an "N" and I didn't even care
Excellent show is excellent 11/10

Also, Flint isn't Gay, he's Bi-sexual, I don't see what the issue is... Yes it did seem a bit contrived but it certainly was unexpected which is what we want out of TV shows!