Black Sails

Binkles_sl

shitlord
That said, it's still not great. Not The Walking Dead-level of terrible, but it is on hair above mediocre crap.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This show has way to much soap opera in it. The story line is just to weak and the characters are boring for the most part. Yes tits are fun, but relying on just that is going to be a fail.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It was horrible, MTV Carribean with awful writing :

- Piracy is a normal business venture, where the ship's CEO is elected like a fine citizen.
- Pirates are Emporio Armani models, they have hipster beards, cool haircuts and fancy clothes. Some of them also have shaved chests.
- Women are strong and independant, they can do whatever they want and because gender equality was really important amongst pirates back then.
- Black people are well respected because pirates are gender equal AND progressive too !
First I agree the show is shitty. I should have known this after listening to Harfle. He told me it was better than game of thrones.

However Blacks were actually well sought after because pirates like Blackbeard and the like knew they would fight to the end rather then go back to slavery. Sure racism existed and they were treated like shit for sure but they did run with the pirates and were not segregated. They also actually did do democratic elections for captains without them being killed( Nassau linked pirates with their code).

Oh and the source? This month's Smithsonian magazine titled "Blackbeard" written by Colin Woodard. I suggest everyone pick it up if they are into pirates. The author was the man who successfully proved historians wrong concerning Blackbeard's name being Teach (It's Thatch, he discovered it and went on to help the developers as a script consultant with Assassin's Creed IV:Black Flag)

Spot on about the women and the Armani looking pirates bullshit.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
The show has quickly become a bit "meh" but I must say it has one of the coolest intros for a show that I have seen in awhile. Hopefully when they actually get things back on a pirate ship in the fucking water things will get better.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah that's the problem with a show about pirates: you have to write 9 episodes of "interesting" dialog for every 1 episode of 60-million-dollar ship-to-ship swashbuckling pirate action with galleons, pyrotechnics and a hundred extras all shot on water.

On the bright side, tits and bush are almost as cheap as slo-mo fistfights.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i saw an interview from the fat bald guy (Gates) that eps 1-4 is all about character development. but holy shit is this boring, nothing even seems developed, no growth, no nothing, just caricatures. i guess if you've all suffered through eps 4... eps 5 has to be good, i'll give up if it isn't.

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Don't understand about the complaints about 1-4, still better then 95% of shows on network tv. Also this episode was good, next episode should also have interesting events.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I thought episode 5 was pretty good. Shit is actually starting to happen at sea. I hope this show gets a couple seasons, because it'll be interesting to see the development of Long John Silver.

Hopefully, the Guthry chick and the Vain stuff gets a resolution fairly soon. Their little "lover's quarrel" storyline is easily the most boring/annoying part of the show.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
I thought episode 5 was pretty good. Shit is actually starting to happen at sea. I hope this show gets a couple seasons, because it'll be interesting to see the development of Long John Silver.
Yeah I agree, this last episode was actually pretty good. Much better than some of the previous ones. It seems like it kind of takes these Starz shows a half dozen or so episodes to get their bearings (Spartacus), as opposed to HBO shows that just come out all guns blazing (True Detective).

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Max (the whore turned madam) gives a raging boner every time she's on. I don't even need to see her, that voice is enough.

Interesting stuff this episode, did not see it coming.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
that season finale (it was the finale, btw) was um.. what.

I guess it does the job in that it makes me want to see how the story continues.

but what the fuck

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Max (the whore turned madam) gives a raging boner every time she's on. I don't even need to see her, that voice is enough.

Interesting stuff this episode, did not see it coming.
Really? her fake accent annoys the hell out of me.

Only 8 ep for the season? damn that was short.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm glad they did the right thing and had that galleon absolutely wreck those frigates. I figured they were going to be absurd with it.

The season was decent, but all of the best stuff happened on the water, and only 2/8 episodes were primarily focused on that.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
The show is not, not growing on me. I liked how the season finale was mildly surprising. Killing off a main character left me a bit disappointed as there are so few interesting characters left. There's a lot to hate about this show, but I'll still tune in next season.