Black Sails

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Seventh

Golden Squire
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Black Sails

Genre: Adventure, Drama

First aired: 2014-01-25

Creator: Jonathan E. Steinberg, Robert Levine

Cast: Toby Stephens, Luke Arnold, Hannah New, Jessica Parker Kennedy, Toby Schmitz, Tom Hopper, Clara Paget, Ray Stevenson, Luke Roberts

Overview: The pirate adventures of Captain Flint and his men twenty years prior to Robert Louis Stevenson’s classic “Treasure Island.” Flint, the most brilliant and most feared pirate captain of his day, takes on a fast-talking young addition to his crew who goes by the name John Silver. Threatened with extinction on all sides, they fight for the survival of New Providence Island, the most notorious criminal haven of its day – a debauched paradise teeming with pirates, prostitutes, thieves and fortune seekers, a place defined by both its enlightened ideals and its stunning brutality.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
That was the only Starz show that caught my attention, that they advertised for the end of Spartacus.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Violence? Tits? (Probably) butt rape? Looks like Spartacus on the ocean. I'm in!

rush02112

Golden Knight of the Realm
Poster released today, "Black Sails" will debut with an eight-episode season in January 2014, exclusively on Starz.

rrr_img_23800.jpg

rrr_img_23800.jpg

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
zqJxSzet2tAl34AiNj9zlfRWXx5.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Black Sails[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2014-01-25[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]The pirate adventure “Black Sails” centers on the tales of Captain Flint and his men and takes place twenty years prior to Robert Louis Stevenson’s classic “Treasure Island”. Flint, the most brilliant and most feared pirate captain of his day, takes on a fast-talking young addition to his crew who goes by the name John Silver. Threatened with extinction on all sides, they fight for the survival of New Providence Island, the most notorious criminal haven of its day – a debauched paradise teeming with pirates, prostitutes, thieves and fortune seekers, a place defined by both its enlightened ideals and its stunning brutality.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

STARZ - Black Sails - A STARZ Original Series

So this officially airs on January 25th, but the pre-air is in the usually places. I thought it was awesome, and so soon after playing Black Flag it was extra special seeing places like Nassau heh. This is the show I have been looking forward to the most this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

spronk

FPS noob
yeah after finishing AC4 this is a show I am really looking forward too, takes place in 1715 which is around the AC4 timeframe too (1713 - 1724 or so?) so should see a lot of the same locales and even people. I'm gonna wait for the aired release though, screener is only 480p and sometimes the screeners don't have all the final effects.

watch the first pirates of the carribean before watching this to really get into the mood

Golt_sl

shitlord
The first episode is out on the Starz website in really nice HD quality btw, incase people were just looking for this screener going around. Just watched it, was pretty entertained - definitely going to watch the next couple of episodes when they air to see if i'm going to stick with it.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Heh Blackbeard indeed!

Was pretty decent though, took me a while to figure out who captain Lynch was, Toby Stephens, he really looks out of character. Other than the "cooks" weird perm and the two timing wench from the secret circle it's got a lot of potential.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I just finished the first episode, and I have to say.... this show has me hooked already, and I dare say that the last 5ish minutes was some of the best TV i've ever seen, breaking bad and game of thrones included. I might be overreacting just because it's fresh in my mind, but holy shit that fight+speech.

Kinkle_sl

shitlord
Compared to other premium channel shows, this was pretty terrible. Some pretty shots of the west indies and the typical Starz avalanche of tits, but no other redeeming qualities. Roughly as good as Cutthroat Island.

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
Compared to other premium channel shows, this was pretty terrible. Some pretty shots of the west indies and the typical Starz avalanche of tits, but no other redeeming qualities. Roughly as good as Cutthroat Island.
I thought it was better than that, not saying its Rome good but it has me engaged enough to keep watching. I am a bit off-put by by my vision of Long John Silver compared to what they portrayed but I'll get over it.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
i would never appreciate this show, or even really watch it if i had never played AC4. Holy crap, i don't know which is which, like i don't know if black sails is a AC4 movie or if AC4 was based on black sails, and that's not a bad thing.

is there a central character? i guess it's the fake cook? but he's the weakest actor, i also feel like i've watch some variation of the plot thus far?

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Captain Flint, and Long John Silver would be the main characters I think. If it wasn't obvious from the names yet, this is a prequel to the events of Treasure Island. Just with more violence...and boobs.

jarrettmp_sl

shitlord
This show could be so great because the premise is awesome, the setting is awesome, there's great potential for awesome characters

But it's starz, not HBO/Showtime

So awesome we do not receive

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
spartacus was "okish" not a great epic like a GOT or BB, but very much watchable, i think just from this first eps black sails could be on par with spartacus, and say above avg.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
spartacus was "okish" not a great epic like a GOT or BB, but very much watchable, i think just from this first eps black sails could be on par with spartacus, and say above avg.
Spartacus was pretty fucking terrible, until "The thing in the Pit" episode. It became incredibly awesome at that point.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database