Black Widow (2020)

spronk

FPS noob

i have no plans to watch this in theaters and don't have a single friend whose texted me about going opening weekend (a ritual in the early MCU days), i guess maybe the yute are really into black widow?

888.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
nah it's just more like there's enough MCU diehards that'll go see every movie in theaters no matter what

I'd care a lot more if this movie came out years ago

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It should of come out at least 7 years ago when she was at her peak with Avengers 1 and 2. But since I havent been to a theater in almost 2 years, Ill probably go see this lol.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
that sounds a lot better than having her earn her spot on the avengers over the course of several movies!
What point are you even trying to make here? I know the MCU has made a lot of missteps lately but this just sounds like blithering.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Romanoff got her spot in the Avengers after being a side character in Iron Man 2, why would Yelena Belova be any different?

Like I said, blithering.

• 2Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

i have no plans to watch this in theaters and don't have a single friend whose texted me about going opening weekend (a ritual in the early MCU days), i guess maybe the yute are really into black widow?

888.jpg

To quote Molly from Neuromancer, "You can't let the little pricks generation-gap you!"

Depending on how much the early access is I'll probably watch this one. I find both the actresses easy on the eye so it won't be too much of a struggle.

• 2Like

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Jeremy Jahns: Looks like I won't even bother Jack Sparrow about it. "Did the best with what (s)he got" several times pretty much implies they've got shit, among other red flags. Still waiting on Heelvsbabyface's review.
Last Marvel production I watched was Endgame, and that was already a step down from Infinity war, and the rest was subpar to put it mildly.

• 2Edgelord
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the sites i watch might be too biased, but is anyone seeing any reviews that praise this movie? not just a positive review, i mean actual giddy excitement for it?

faille

Molten Core Raider
I enjoyed it. Mostly because it was good seeing something in the cinema again.
I'd probably put it in the third tier of marvel movies, on par with Thor2, iron man 2, cap 1.
For me, like most marvels below the top tier, it lacks that oh wow scene that you just want to replay over and over.

Forgot to mention the credit scene was right at the end, not mid credits

Last edited:

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I wouldnt put cap 1 with thor two or iron man 2 thats left for captain marvel and black panther

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This tanked Harley Quinn and Margot Robbie's career.
i will still end up watching this, but it wont be how disney wants. i had planned on making this the first movie i saw in the theater since this lockdown nonsense, but its tainted for me now. why they had to inject politics in all this shit when they know its box office poison, i will never know. just entertain me. that was your one job.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Disney was founded as a propaganda machine. I'm not sure why anyone thinks that will change

• 1Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Saw it today, in the theater since that's the only country where it's NOT on Disney+ *grumble*
Made me realize I did NOT miss theater-going experience, people are still just as annoying as before the lockdowns.

Anyway, onto the film, without spoilers.

- it was alright, but I don't think it's got anything really memorable. Mostly because it's not a story that moves the overall story forward, it just goes back on the backstory of a character we already know is dying soon... it's nice to see those things she talked about but it wasn't a necessary movie and it kind of shows.

- If you've seen the trailers, the many trailers for it since they tried to keep the hype for the year or so this movie was delayed for, then you've seen EVERYTHING Taskmaster does, action-wise. Literally every single action snippet with Taskmaster is in the trailers.

- There's a scene after the end credits, as expected. Nothing in the middle though, just post-credits. You need to have seen Falcon & Winter Soldier to appreciate it a bit more, but there'll be enough sum-ups of it online and it's literally just a little tease towards a potential future film.

Onto the spoilery parts..

- Taskmaster's identity I saw coming from ten miles away, and I'm not bragging about it because it was very very obvious, but I'm not one to usually see stuff coming because I'm engrossed in the story, but I dunno if it was so telegraphed or because the story itself isn't that gripping, but yeah, not a big twist.

- The actual villain behind Taskmaster.... a sleazy greasy slob of a manipulative prick that uses young women he controls to do his bidding... and he fucking LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE HARVEY WEINSTEIN. That was subtle. Put down the hammer, now.

- The post-credits scene hints at a potential Black Widow 2, with interactions between the new Black Widow Yelena versus Hawkeye... since Valentina recruited her I'm guessing we may see John Walker's US Agent too. That could be interesting for a more down-to-earth (literally) film in the future amidst all the other cosmic spacey threats.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd probably put it in the third tier of marvel movies, on par with Thor2, iron man 2, cap 1.
Peculiar take, most common oppinion I've seen is that Cap1 & IM2 are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thor2