Black Widow (2020)

Sterling

El Presidente
Peculiar take, most common oppinion I've seen is that Cap1 & IM2 are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thor2
I think you'll get mixed takes on it, but my personal take is that cap 1 is a good bit better than both of those. the bottom rung of MCU to me is Cap Marvel is the worst by A LOT, then Thor 2, IM 2, and Black Panther are in the next tier.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Cap 1 is good. Hugo Weaving killed it. It has a good story (for an Origin movie) and one of the best villains the MCU has put out.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Cap 1 is an outstanding movie. Why is it always put with Thor 2 and Captain Marvel???

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 7 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's hard to like Cap before his Cap 2 powerup. Cap 1 definitely isn't as bad as Thor 2 though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

fris

Vyemm Raider
People probably can't rewatch the propaganda parts, him dancing around on a uso show sort of thing

Chris

Potato del Grande
People probably can't rewatch the propaganda parts, him dancing around on a uso show sort of thing
That's the best bit.

Subverts the movies usually ignoring the conics and explains why he has such a fucking stupid superhero name.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Been watching the MCU movies from the beginning with our 10 year old son and we actually just watched Captain America : First Avenger tonight, it's indeed a great one, never understood why some people dislike it.

Admittedly I'm a sucker for nazi super-science-stuff and this film felt straight out of Wolfenstein New Order so I ate that shit up, plus I really like Hugo Weaving. Shame he didn't want to return.

We're watching Avengers 1 tomorrow with him, his mind's gonna be blown. And mine was kind of blown today when I realized the Black Widow movie contains some stuff that Loki talked about with Widow in Avengers 1...that's some serious continuity nod.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
First time back in a theater in 459 days. Thought this was decent.

• 1Worf

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I was entertained. Not sure where I'd put it yet but it's definitely higher than bottom tier for me. The only thing that really put me off was the amount of damage BW takes in the various fights. I was expecting/hoping that this would be the Marvel Jason Bourne and you can tell it wanted to be. The fights were just a bit too "super hero" for me for what are essentially normal, if well trained, humans.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Ok, one other thing put me off too. If they spent 3 years living undetected as Americans why do they have the shitty trope Russian accent later on. I've spent the last 15 months watching everything with subtitles on that I forgot how to listen to conversations in theaters and the accents didn't help.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I was entertained. Not sure where I'd put it yet but it's definitely higher than bottom tier for me. The only thing that really put me off was the amount of damage BW takes in the various fights. I was expecting/hoping that this would be the Marvel Jason Bourne and you can tell it wanted to be. The fights were just a bit too "super hero" for me for what are essentially normal, if well trained, humans.
Doug Liman Jason Bourne or Shakycam Paul Greengrass Jason Bourne?

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Well the plot is almost identical to any of the Bournes and the scene where she reunites with Yelena could have been any of the Bourne apartment ambush fights. They just took it up to 11 with the amount of damage dished out and all there is to show for it is a couple bruises and a small cut on the arm. Probably could have used a bit more shakycam instead of the jumpcuts as there was very little flow to any of the fights.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Ok, one other thing put me off too. If they spent 3 years living undetected as Americans why do they have the shitty trope Russian accent later on. I've spent the last 15 months watching everything with subtitles on that I forgot how to listen to conversations in theaters and the accents didn't help.

To be fair, that's a can't win situation for a movie.. if you are realistic and the infiltrated super-spies with perfect american accents retain the accent throughout, some nitpickers are gonna say "They didn't even bother with the accents!"... if you make the actors switch accents depending on the scenes or context, then you have people saying "Wait, why do they need to change accents when they're just together since everyone involved knows they're russian anyway and they all speak with a perfect US accent".

At the very least it lets the mouthbreathers in the audience know whenever anyone is in "russian mode".

Warpath

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Been watching the MCU movies from the beginning with our 10 year old son and we actually just watched Captain America : First Avenger tonight, it's indeed a great one, never understood why some people dislike it.

Admittedly I'm a sucker for nazi super-science-stuff and this film felt straight out of Wolfenstein New Order so I ate that shit up, plus I really like Hugo Weaving. Shame he didn't want to return.

We're watching Avengers 1 tomorrow with him, his mind's gonna be blown. And mine was kind of blown today when I realized the Black Widow movie contains some stuff that Loki talked about with Widow in Avengers 1...that's some serious continuity nod.

couldn't agree more, red skull should have his own feature

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm at the Imax right now to watch it. Previews showed the Eternal. Honestly, out Disney look terrible excerpt for the humor that didn't land.

movie starting now, so I'll shut up and watch.