Blade and Soul - Kung Fu Korea - Action MMO

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I stopped playing too. I like Kung Fu Master and the summoner so far enough to play them up. I really think the crafting is crap though. Very odd to me. Love the combat though. I am hoping to try black desert too at some point.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Combat is great. I tried the arena and got my ass repeatedly handed to me. It seemed like everyone knew what they were doing and I definitely did not :p

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, doesn't help that not only have people have multiple weekends to practice but a lot have been playing for years. Takes a while to get used to all the animations, specs, counters, when to do X , when to do Y etc.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, doesn't help that not only have people have multiple weekends to practice but a lot have been playing for years. Takes a while to get used to all the animations, specs, counters, when to do X , when to do Y etc.
I actually thought that it'd be way worse. I didn't play on any of the private servers and my arena win rate has been exceptionally good. A lot of that probably comes from only queuing after I hit 45 and taking some time to make an actual PVP spec but I was expecting to deal with a substantial amount of players who have had a lot of experience but it doesn't seem that way at all. I run into more KFMs & BMs than anything else (they easily account for half my matchups between the two, which is kind of a surprise) but at this point I'm pretty comfortable with that matchup which has helped.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As what class Vold?

I'd say LBM/Destroyer is vast majority of my match ups, along with summoners(Especially this week). Assassins in next tier, then bottom tier is BM, FM, KFM. Rarely see BMs anymore, seems they all moved to LBM. Once gold and above, so many LBM/Destroyer, which is not fun as a sin, the spin after counter that immediately knocks me out of stealth sucks. Not to mention the burst, I whittle away and wham get caught once in a CC and die to either lbm/destroyer, especially destroyer, been taken 100 to 0 so much by them.

I hate arena too, always have in MMOs. Never liked the structured, rock paper scissors aspect of it.Always preferred BGs or just random open world pvp.

I'm leveling a FM atm and enjoy it a lot. Might actually make it my main.

I only did TW to 30ish, no pvp. I only wanted to see if I liked the game enough to buy a pack and play beta to really test it(to either get a refund or keep the pack).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
BMs are pretty shit in our current version/level cap, Destroyers are apparently OP in our version, so it's kinda weird. BMs are really good at 50 but it seems without the Hongmoon skills and shit, they're pretty terrible. I think cause they don't get the Lightning Draw hongmoon skill that does massive damage which is a big part of their gameplay(shit does like 30% life damage when used correctly) and they need a lot of points to spec into all the CC version of every skill.

For release I think I'll be leveling BM first for some PvE grinding and shit, then KFM cause I liked the class, then Summoner to fuck around/PvP with until they patch more stuff in. I liked these 3 classes. I didn't like Sin at all, LBM felt meh compared to BM(it is a lot better for pvp though atm), Force Master I'm not too sure but the constant screenshake looked annoying as all fuck and Destroyer I haven't tested, maybe I'll level one on live too. Leveling is fast so not a big issue, I assume I'll be done within a week.

I mostly spent the last weekends making chars to see how they look with armor and different lightning(the char creation lightning is weird) and fine tuning my Jin and Gon appearances. I'm pretty happy with them now even though it took a while. I also got a Lyn appearance done quickly, looks nice enough, just need to figure out if I want the flame fluffy tail thing or a less intrusive design to go better with costumes.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I tried BM, it's very lackluster at low levels. Maybe I need to get past 20 or so to really get a feel for it in one of the next weekends. But man was it disappointing to start.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I've tried KFM and Assassin so far to the low teens. I thought I would prefer KFM but I ended up liking assassin more. It seemed like I could kill mobs twice as fast with the assassin and the feedback from the skills seemed to have more umph. I've always liked DoTs too so maybe that has something to do with it.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well I did more BM to about 15ish iirc and it got much better. Once you get the Q/E, draw etc killing mobs is a lot more smooth and fun. Though they seem to go into draw stance more then LBM, but no chi regen while doing it like LBM(who can get chi back from rmb crit iirc), so you go in and out more.

It sucked from 1-10. Will have to get it to 35-40 next weekend to get a real feel.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yes in draw stance you get chi back while electric focus going on, and by using flash step/lightning step (not sure the name the f ability you using after critting with draw stance). The amount of dmg lyn does in draw is fantastic really, considering at 35 i have around 41% crit unbuffed and without particulary gearing for crit (all wpn and jewelry maxed, need infernal items from the 6man dungeon in cinderlands for the next stage). I dont really like the playstyle of bm itself, as the guard slows it a bit down for me. Lyn combat feel much faster and the burst it has it is really really good (also not sure if bm has it but grab> soul stab (2) > Blade swarm (rmb) its a crapton of dmg).

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Nah, the Blade Master does not have Force Choke, but they do have block. That's the most-marketed difference between Blade Master and Blade Dancer.

And Blade Swarm really is amazing. My strategy in the Arena consists of baiting out all of my opponent's CC-breakers and then going for the Blade Swarm. It can take out 50-80% of my opponent's health, and then I can just clean them up with an air combo afterwards. It's pretty terrifying.

spronk

FPS noob
NA beta this weekend get a free key here until they run out. you will need an ncsoft account (or create one)
[Free Closed Beta Access] Blade Soul | Razer Insider | Forum

I got a key but then realized i really just don't give a fuck about MMOs anymore
frown.png

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finish my BM test this weekend. Take last weekend off. Then finally decide what I want to play.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Finish my BM test this weekend. Take last weekend off. Then finally decide what I want to play.
This is close to my plan as well. I'm pretty set on LBM but I want to try some of the other classes out this weekend. On that note you should totally come play with us (especially if you decide to roll one of the casters!)

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is close to my plan as well. I'm pretty set on LBM but I want to try some of the other classes out this weekend. On that note you should totally come play with us (especially if you decide to roll one of the casters!)
Hmm what faction you going? I prefer blue(Better outfits, less tards it seems, since they all gravitate to the "bad" guys"). Guess it doesn't matter much, you can switch. I just know clans are locked to faction iirc.

Not sure on class yet. SUmmoner/FM could easily be the choice. Summoner was fun and very easy to play. But a future nerf hurts them a bit(sunflower goes from 2 chi to 3) and they are pretty rough to do in 1v1. FM was fun and it has a higher skill ceiling, only downside was managing debuffs on targets and their weapon is kinda boring. FM is also pretty rough in 1v1(high skill ceiling doesn't help). FM has potential to be real fun in world pvp , ranged + big AE skills.

Wish warlock was in, did it in TW for 20ish levels and it was a blast.

Shocked you are not one of the tanks Voldeth, since that is what you usually play.

Big thing for me in this game is getting used to keybinds being able to do multiple abilities depending on current state. Big change from usual mmos where everything is its own keybind.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Hmm what faction you going? I prefer blue(Better outfits, less tards it seems, since they all gravitate to the "bad" guys"). Guess it doesn't matter much, you can switch. I just know clans are locked to faction iirc.

Shocked you are not one of the tanks Voldeth, since that is what you usually play.
Clans are indeed locked to faction. We've been going Cereulean (blue) but I don't think it'll have a large impact outside of the clan restrictions given the on-the-fly switching.

I told Taxt he could play tank for this one since I wanted to try something else out.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm leaning towards FM atm. Summoner was fun, but a bit simplistic for me. Plus all the costumes look horrible on Lyns.