Blade and Soul - Kung Fu Korea - Action MMO

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I got in beta, and only lasted an hour. Not sure why, but i just "couldnt" like it.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
It is extremely generic to level 20, yeah it has the kung fu part and the gliding and such and that is cool and fun, but as you get higher level and start to customise the attacks it gets better and better.

Is it a perfect game, oh hell no, but it will be a good 50 buck time waster during the cold months.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
is it better with keyboard/mouse, mouse/g13, ir xbox controller?
This is my mostly my question but more specific. Is a gamepad More/Less/Same from a competitive standpoint to the mouse/kb. Game halfway interests me if I can possibly lazy mode it with a controller.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Gamepad support is so so, from what I hear. I haven't tested. The good thing about the game is it doesn't have too many buttons with the way it handles conditional stuff. On the other hand I'm hearing the gamepad has issues with prompts not updating to the right buttons and some other weird shit, so don't know. It's free so you might as well try it. I'll maybe check myself later today before the beta goes down.

Works perfectly fine with a keyboard/mouse though, so it isn't one of these games that you have to have a gamepad to play.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I got in beta, and only lasted an hour. Not sure why, but i just "couldnt" like it.
You need to a) Pay attention to the upgrading items. Your hongmoon items will last you forever just by keeping them fed/upgraded.
B) get to like the low/mid teens with ANY class to truly start to see the possibilities with combat. I kept quitting in the Japanese version and the first CBT weekends, but I went in with a friend and powered to 21 and had a BLAST. Once you start getting up their the combos and combat possibilities really start to make sense and be very skillful and fun. It really feels like an MMO fighting game.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Played assassin a bit this week end. What a monster class it is (at least pve havent tried pvp), enourmous single target dmg, with specced heartstab and the Lightning crash proc + cancel animation, and speccing for stealth mob and bosses just melt. So far soloed the first dungeon with bd, fm, kfm and assassin, the run with the assassin was by far the fastest and the easiest one of them all. i think with all the abilities specced correctly you can get a total of 18 or 24 sec of stealth x rotation. Quite powerful.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can perma stealth with assassin. Makes soloing most dungeons/bosses(at least so far) pretty damn easy. While speccing correctly can let you sit on target, while stealthed, longer. You can easily just back up with 1-2 seconds of stealth left and use the 1 ability to re-stealth, Only thing required is speccing 1 to 6 second CD.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
You need to a) Pay attention to the upgrading items. Your hongmoon items will last you forever just by keeping them fed/upgraded.
B) get to like the low/mid teens with ANY class to truly start to see the possibilities with combat. I kept quitting in the Japanese version and the first CBT weekends, but I went in with a friend and powered to 21 and had a BLAST. Once you start getting up their the combos and combat possibilities really start to make sense and be very skillful and fun. It really feels like an MMO fighting game.
What class are you planning on going with? Are we going to end up playing the same thing again?

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Not sure. I've liked Sin KFM and Destroyer so far. Thinking Destroyer but the assassin is quite fun.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Korean patch came out with a new class that looks pretty interesting. Really curious what type of release schedule we'll be looking at down the line for NA.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That silly KFM/FM mix?

I wish it was just a new class. Mixing two existing classes seems extremely lazy.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That silly KFM/FM mix?

I wish it was just a new class. Mixing two existing classes seems extremely lazy.
It's lazy in design and concept, but not necessarily in terms of gameplay. Bladedancer is just a Lyn Blademaster(in fact that's the name of the class everywhere else), yet it plays very differently than a blademaster and is pretty much a unique class, even if it reuses a lot of concepts(draw stance specifically). The new KFM/FM class is the same, sure it mixes KFM punching with FM elemental stuff, but the class plays very differently from both of these from what I've seen. I mean they could have made it use claws instead of normal fist weapons and use earth and water magic instead of ice and fire, but meh, not a big deal. They also have warlock and an entirely new class coming next year, so it's not like all they do is recycle, but recycling lets them get more stuff out I'd assume.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
i would love for a spear using class, similar to lancer of fate zero/unlimited blade.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah both seems the obvious picks for the next class. I think I heard ppl say they confirmed gunner, but then I heard people say they didn't and actually confirmed something never seen before(which gunner was kinda, as NPCs especially Soha).

As long as it isn't a caster, I think it could be nice. Won't be for a while though.

Also fucking Diablo3 S5 is starting at the same time as this release, fucking annoying. Dragon's Dogma is probably going to be the same too.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
yeah im pissed too bout d3 starting same as bns (but generally for d3 i always play couple of weeks at season start, then get bored). Also interested in dragon dogma, you talking bout english version? i know in asia it should be released already, but then i didnt hear anything bout english version.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
DD > D3 - i dont get the seasonal hype - but i can do up some DD @4k res for real - cant wait for that shit.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
yeah im pissed too bout d3 starting same as bns (but generally for d3 i always play couple of weeks at season start, then get bored). Also interested in dragon dogma, you talking bout english version? i know in asia it should be released already, but then i didnt hear anything bout english version.
Not Dragon's Dogma Online, I mean the PC release of Dark Arisen. I've played the game like 4times already but 60FPS higher res textures and potential modding means I have to replay it again.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not Dragon's Dogma Online, I mean the PC release of Dark Arisen. I've played the game like 4times already but 60FPS higher res textures and potential modding means I have to replay it again.
ahhh that make sense now, i was just looking into it and couldnt find any news regarding dd online in na/eu.