Blade and Soul - Kung Fu Korea - Action MMO

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Played a lot of arena and I've had a hell of time breaking into the 1700 ratings, anytime I get close (1695 was the closest I can recall) I would go on a bad losing streak. It seems like every second match is against a KFM at that point. In terms of class breakdown after about 100 matches (in order of popularity):

1- KFM
2- Sin
3- Summoner
4- FM
5- BM
6- LBM
7- Destroyer

This is on Jiwan btw.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I never hear of anyone playing destroyer, why?
There were a lot on Mushin. Especially after the first weekend, when people realized how powerful they are.

I expect to see a ton of Destroyer/LBM, solely because of how strong they are in 1v1 arena and how relatively easy they are to "learn" compared to the other classes(except summoner). Destroyer has the added benefit of being amazing in pve(especially once you get into 4 man dungeons and everyone wants their grab, later on). Once you got into gold and above, you mostly ran into Destroyer/LBM/KFM.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Interesting. Even though I haven't put in much effort on the research from in this game, for some reason I got the impression they were bad.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Quite the opposite. They can kill you from 100 to 0 in 5 or so seconds. Just a couple stuns + animation cancel. Their burst is insane.

I understand the impression though, prior to their weekends they were the lowest on all the polls and such. But once that first weekend hit and people got stomped by them, you saw a lot of re-rolls.

Granted the weekends are bad as a example, as quite a lot of people were making multiple classes to try out but I think the lure of being very strong and easy to learn will draw a lot of people to destroyer/lbm. And with how easy it is to get another character to max, no big deal if you just roll fotm.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I know a few of you have already gone over classes already. Are you previous posts still valid or have they changed? Also any decent links going over them too?

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I agree that Destroyers should be more popular given the potential that they have in 1v1 while still being pretty solid for PVE. Their damage is just incredible for arenas and it's actually a fairly in-depth class; their most devastating combo/lock is similar to the KFM one and can practically 100 to 0 a player.

Keep in mind my breakdown was based on about 100 queues on the last beta weekend so I imagine that a lot of people were playing a secondary class. I would expect LBMs/Destroyers to move up a tad in popularity and FMs to go down but that's entirely based upon the fact that LBMs/Destroyers are a tad 'easier' to pick up and do well with where as the skillcap for FM is much higher.

If anyone is looking for a server for launch and some folks to play with feel free to message me on Jiwan. Keep in mind that guilds are faction locked so you'll need to be Cerulean (blue) to get a tag.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
What makes a FM have a higher skillcap?
1- It requires a high amount of animation cancel to be effective with which is something most people will struggle with. While this is true of most classes, it's more 'noticeable' when an FM is playing correctly.

2- It doesn't have a traditional rotation - it's more of a priority system that requires the player to be comfortable with how to adapt to different situations.

3- It lacks the satisfying burst that some of the other classes get (for PVP). A LBM traditionally focuses on their air combos & blade swarm ability - this does a lot of damage and just feels good to pull off. KFMs get to stun/KD combo lock you. FMs don't really have anything like that. They just rely on playing well and providing constant high damage.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
FM's are a lot of fun to play, but take longer than any other class I've played to really blossom into a powerful class. Their animation cancel, as far as I know, is mainly alternating between Left / Right clicks (Fire/Ice), which really won't be effective til you buff up those skills for faster casting / faster projectiles (lvl20+). In PvE it becomes stupidly easy when the FM can freeze (root) mobs, even many bosses. If you're interested in PvP as a FM, then I would suggest watching Jaesung's Twitch stream, he was hte 2014 world champ, and I think he finished 3rd or 4th this year as a FM.

Jaesung

I thought I had decided on FM being my main when the game releases, but started playing an Assassin last weekend, and a little bit more this weekend. The class is a lot of fun, so now I'm back to being undecided.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I am digging destroyer and I like the game enough to play at launch. I grabbed the cheapest founder pack and look forward to Jan 15th.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Destroyers are very powerful, but if I stay light on my feet and burn their CC breaks, I can beat them as an LBM.

KFMs, on the other hand, are near impossible for me to defeat. The good ones, anyways. I always feel like they're mocking me with the way they time their counters and stuff.

Assassins are difficult for me too, but I think it's mostly because one of the pin escapes are currently bugged.