Blade and Soul - Kung Fu Korea - Action MMO

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah canned response and yeah they do that in every game, a lot of people having the same issues on reddit and stuff, quite often australians who can't really play without routing VPN stuff for better pings. Nice that you got it back this quick(or at all).

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Currently at 39 with my blademaster and I feel like this class is pretty lackluster and far too rigid compared to a destroyer as far as pure wrecking power, while I was able to handle an infinite amount of mobs in an aoe with aoe drag and typhoon, the blade master seems like a frail noodle flailing about with clunky shield blocking mechanics that don't live up to other classes.

Compared to summoner and destroyer, the blade master should be avoided at all cost. Unfortunately I am far too high level to remake, since delete times are 7 days after lvl 15.

While I was already feeling burned out and bored, being slot locked without paying more money, or making a new account without premium just might be the end for me, we'll see. Going to get this to 45 and geared a bit before making a decision.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It is kinda crappy at aoe regardless, unless you Lightning Draw then spam F and get crits, or when you have Flock of Blades up and put 2points in the delayed one that does ridiculous damage. But both of these are on pretty shitty cooldowns and other than that it feels kinda meh.

I'm not feeling burned just yet though, I'm still having fun doing dungeon runs and shit on KFM and I just finished leveling my Summoner so I need to gear that which will take a bit of time. BM for now I only do the PvP daillies and log out, but I think I'll revisit it next patch assuming the Hongmoon level quest isn't a piece of shit to do, I'm not entirely sure how it works. Having 5more skill points would make quite a difference in viability for BM cause there's so much shit I want that I can't get atm. Luckily patch is only in a week too, so it's very close.

I'm also debating wether or not I want to level yet another char, feel like trying Destroyer. I'd need to buy a char slot but it's relatively cheap so I don't think I mind, just not sure I should bother.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I don't know how much is similar, on my BD I have a double draw stance build so I completely wreck things doing animation cancel and flicker/lightning slash spam.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Hongmoon levels are grinded andyou get 1,2,1,2 points per hongmoon level. Unless they specifically change it for NA which I doubt. So you'll have to invest quite a bit of time to level your character for those extra skill points.

From what I've heard they are very difficult to obtain, Koreas highest obtained HM level is 14, 3+ years in the making.

They are the equivalent of paragon levels if you've played d3.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You get 5 for the first one, which is quest based. After that it's 1/2/1/2 etc.

And Palum not sure how it is on BD but in Draw stance, RMB(the big hitting skill) is single target, and Flicker is aoe but does shit damage. I believe BD is Flicker > F spam, and F might be aoe, so that makes it a lot better. It's also way more focus intensive on BM.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I really want to like BM, but I think my patience with the class is wearing thin also. It's basically just bumblefucking around until you blow your load in draw stance, build, draw stance, repeat. It wouldn't be so bad if block wasn't clunky as fuck to use. The path that changes it to a "counter" type skill like KFMs get would make it a shitload better, but it's pretty much worthless to spec it that way. Flock of blades being your only viable AOE sucks ass too (like Pyros mentioned, the cooldown sucks). There is F spam, but it puts you out of fucking position, so you either have to blow one of your ways into draw stance, or deal with being in a garbage position.

Maybe I just suck at it, but the class just feels awkward as hell. Nothing really "flows" or feels smooth about it like Destroyer, FM, and Assassin. It just seems like a clunky mess that really only has a huge amount of burst potential before you're stuck holding your dick.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
You get 5 for the first one, which is quest based. After that it's 1/2/1/2 etc.

And Palum not sure how it is on BD but in Draw stance, RMB(the big hitting skill) is single target, and Flicker is aoe but does shit damage. I believe BD is Flicker > F spam, and F might be aoe, so that makes it a lot better. It's also way more focus intensive on BM.
Bd has lightning draw that put you in draw stance (and another skill if you spec dual strike into storm cleave which you should). flicker in draw stance is generally single target (can be specced aoe, but does less dmg), and on crit proc electric focus, that allow you to use flash step (f key spam, you start with 3 stack of it as soon you go into stance). Flash step again can either be specced single target for massive dmg, or aoe in which case the skill warp you trough mobs (everytime it it, stack bleeds with both of specs).

Flikcer + f combo is massive massive dmg, so generally i dont see the need to spec aoe tbh.

Caliane

to be more clear.

BD.

C. lightning draw is aoe. everyone specs for double damage, and 100% crit on knockeddowned target. this does not generate extra lit focus stacks. (can be specced single target, and have gen 1 focus)
V. dual strike is aoe. must be specced into. becomes storm cleave, single target draw stance. (for pvp, this may be an aoe vaccum pull instead of draw stance) This can be specced for 3 lit focus stacks.
F. flash step is aoe. Dives forward dealing large damage. actually more super annoying, then useful. everyone specs this as double hit single target. huge damage.
LMB. flicker is single target. can be specced aoe. bigger damage, and faster attack most likely spec.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah sounds about the same, which is fairly shit for aoeing tbh. It's fine for dungeons and what not but sucks when doing daillies or leveling. Like as long as I have Flock up I can pull whatever but when it's down I have to attack stuff 1 by 1 because there isn't a real point in fighting more since most of my shit is single target. Meanwhile on KFM I just pull whatever's not gonna leash, and then I press 2 4 2 2 2 2 until everything dies(generally takes less 2s). And I get healed in the process.

Caliane

Alot of it is, pve vs pvp.

Pve. you can use sunder/rolling thunder. both aoe. Instead of vortex parry/stun. vortex, immune to damage.
Instead of raid. multislash.
Instead of guardian tempest. spec flaming scourge. turns your z 5 blocks over 5 seconds, into aoe damage, dealing crits, chi and lit focus. (big one obviously)

Lightning builds are pvp and single target pve focused. And most of the defensive skills, come at the cost of pve aoe, etc.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I don't know how sunder is for BD, but for BM it's shit. Does shit damage, the aoe version(base version is single target).

Basically with BM, you have to DPS in Draw stance because everything in neutral stance is shit damage, that's why you want to be tanking/have aggro as much as possible since it lets you use Cyclone which refills your focus instantly to full, letting you to constantly dump it in Draw stance then cyclone back to full and Draw stance some more. Unlike BD which seems to be limited to Lightning Draw and Storm Cleave to go in Draw stance, BMs can actually enter Draw Stance with Q and SS on top of Lightning Draw, which means you can enter Draw stance basically every 5-6seconds or whatever.

Now that's fine, but the problem is Draw stance for BM is all about RMB, Honed Slash. Unlike BD, Flash Step is on a long cooldown so it can only be used every now and then, and it has weird mechanics and can't be changed to a single target non moving skill(so you have to zip around and shit, it's annoying to use at times). But Honed Slash is purely single target. You can Flicker aoe, the base Flicker for BM is aoe and the good talents leave it as aoe as the single target ones are meh, but the damage on Flicker alone is bad. So you're in a situation where your only good damage stuff is single target, so you have to rely on cooldowns to aoe. It's annoying to do quests with the class as a result. You can demolish a single mob really quickly with a CC > Q into draw stance > RMB LMB RMB LMB kind of thing, but that pales in comparison to how most other classes can kill sutff.

Assassin is kinda like that too from what I've seen, but with higher damage. They just can't aoe for shit.

Just feels like crap when doing daillies or like poh24, when with other classes you can just run in, group up a large pack, and explode everything, then do it again next pack and so on.

Caliane

yeah. hard to say which is really better. wind or elec. most seem to assume elec. and its great for short bursts certainly, and pvp.
Wind(sunder) seems very much intended for longer drawn out engages. and pve, in general.
BD q and E boost sunder. (making it faster attack) sunder crits charge rolling typhoon. which is large aoe, and fills your chi bar. So, sunder builds typhoon, typhoon restores chi, right back to sunder.

the benefit is constant dps. Not chained to draw stance cooldowns, knockdown, etc. nothing can break your chain.
a blade dancer will fucking hate you for life, if you air combo a boss, etc. and pull them out of draw stance, immediately after they enter it. its infuriating, and cuts their dps by like 300% or more.
(air attacks, remove drawstance)

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Does the Destroyer Grab T3 stage 2 affect the groups critical rate and focus regen while I've got the boss lifted?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does the Destroyer Grab T3 stage 2 affect the groups critical rate and focus regen while I've got the boss lifted?
I don't know the tree for Destro, but yet, you want to spec your grab so that it buffs the groups mana regen and adds +crit, if you don't you'll piss a lot of people off who can dump high dmg attacks into the mob when its held. As a FM, when a mob is held, I can spam Windstorm as fast as I can for really nice damage...but if there is no mana regen it just drains me fast.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Also don't run around in circles with him grabbed or break your grab early. KFM can go full unleashed in like 1.5 seconds during a grab.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The gold seller spam on the OFFICIAL forums is hilarious.

rrr_img_125301.jpg

As much as I love the combat in this game, the lack of attention from NCSoft means I probably wont be playing past my premium expiration date.

Edit: To be fair. They did delete these posts. But I still don't have much respect for NCSoft anymore. Their recent history has turned me off of their games.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As much as I love the combat in this game, the lack of attention from NCSoft means I probably wont be playing past my premium expiration date.

Edit: To be fair. They did delete these posts. But I still don't have much respect for NCSoft anymore. Their recent history has turned me off of their games.
Implies you felt this way before this game, so why did you still give money?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
If gold spam constitutes a "lack of attention" by a dev, please link me to ONE mmo in the history of MMOs that had a playerbase larger than 19 people where there was no gold seller spam.

Inb4 someone mentions a 20+ year old mmo.