Blade and Soul - Kung Fu Korea - Action MMO

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I did a 6man blackram the other day where our group ended up as 5 force masters and 1 summoner, so it's probably just the random pool gonna random (we didn't run the dungeon, 3 people insta-quit after it loaded us into the world).

In defense of ranged classes... Trying to solo on a FM is not fun. Also, I've been paired up with plenty of FM and summoners who absolutely do NOT do good damage, or FMs who insta-pop the ember stacks making it impossible for me to sustain burn status on bosses, etc. Shit is infuriating. I've also had some groups where i'm the only ranged or maybe have one other and mobs die so fast to the melees that I don't even get a chance to do much damage because the mob(s) die by the time I cast 2 spells.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Damn BM could really use a QoL threat change like KFM did. On KFM you can put 1pt into your charge and it gives you the threat buff. You can also put the original point in counter to get threat buff when you counter. On BM you can only get it on Cyclone(which procs off a block), which means if you don't have aggro, it's a bitch to take it back because you can't proc the threat buff to catch up. Had a FM rip aggro off me on Poharan early on and he basically tanked the rest of the fight until he died. Since he was ranged, I can't even get block proc off the cone aoe she does on melees. Not a huge deal but kinda annoying. Still not a fan of how you basically have to use your Q and SS just to do damage, meaning you have super limited options when it comes to dodging stuff at times.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, it kind of irks me how garbage Blade Masters are. I don't even recruit them for Poh 4-man anymore because they're more of a liability than an asset.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Not sure what your point is? BD and BM aren't the same class for one, and that's a 45mins kill. A summoner can clear the entire dungeon in 45mins. And like everyone can solo bosses. Well maybe not FM on every boss I don't know, but that's probably the worst solo class. Thing is currently you barely need a tank to begin with(summoner can tank everything), and unlike KFM which at least brings Searing Palm(10%crit dmg buff) and Fighting Spirit(50%crit dmg, 40%crit chance buff for a short time), BM has no real point over any other class currently in PvE. It changes once you start actually needing tanks and they're pretty good eventually with the hongmoon skills and enough points to take everything, but atm, they're pretty shit. Granted, it's relative, you can still do poh4 with 4BMs without a problem. It's just not gonna be very efficient.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Blade Dancers are amazing, one of the best PvE classes IMO. (And I'm not just saying that because I play one.)

Blade Masters, on the other hand, are just inferior to all other classes. KFM/Summoner does the tanking job better and there are many classes with more single-target DPS and way better AoE DPS.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, BD/BM are garbage.
Just so we're clear, your reply to people saying that Blade Masters are garbage was to group them together with Blade Dancers and then post a video of a BD soloing Poh. You're going to have to explain that one to me.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Nope, you're all right, BMs are garbage. Delete the class. Replace it with BDs and we're golden. I was under the mistaken impression that BMs were similiar enough to BDs that it wouldn't be much of an issue.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Nope, you're all right, BMs are garbage. Delete the class. Replace it with BDs and we're golden. I was under the mistaken impression that BMs were similiar enough to BDs that it wouldn't be much of an issue.
Even if we were talking about BD, what does the video have to do with anything. Soloing stuff is challenging, but irrelevant to wether or not a class is strong in groups, especially when it takes 45mins to solo a single boss. A summoner does that same fight in like 10minutes, does that mean summoners are 4times as powerful as BDs?

And even then, BDs and BMs are entirely different. Yes they have similar looking skills, but they're 2 different classes. It's like WoW specs right, you wouldn't compare Ret Paladin and Prot Paladin. They're both paladin and they do paladin looking stuff, but they're not the same thing at all, one's a DPS, the other's a tank, same thing here. You can't delete BMs and replace them with BDs, because BDs can't tank properly. You can however replace them by KFM who can tank properly and provide more utility, for now.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Regardless of semantics of bd vs bm vs kfm. Anyone who gives the game a try and chooses bm is going to have a skewed view of the combat system.

It's block isn't an all encompassing defensive skill, there is quite a few abilities it doesn't block and enables grabs by default.

If you're looking to have fun and do challenging content solo, there's much better classes to play. Kfm, destroyer, bd, summoner and assassin are a lot more fun and engaging than blademaster. If you currently play one and haven't tried the other classes, you're in for a treat.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I feel like Blade Master was the "original" class; a proof of concept made during early alpha that was left in the game but never fully fleshed out. Popular consensus is that they'll get better with Hongmoon skills and more skill points, but I don't know if a couple new skills will be enough to save them.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Ithinkmy only remaining upgrade is the Blackwyrm Claw and maybe Dokumo 3 for some crit min/maxing on the souls shield. Everything is infused with the "Artisanal Moonwater Critical Primer"

mo4IOHL.jpg

I haven't seen anyone else over 400 Attack Power on Master Hong yet.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Feels like I'm ready for the patch now. Hit Plat in arena, maxxed out all my weapons & accessories, all the gems in my weapon are pretty close to BIS, my soulshield set has 'acceptable' rolls with +crit on each of them, and I have a fair amount of cash saved up. Sitting at over
400 AP & 2400ish crit.

For those who played a previous version of BNS, I do have some questions about this patch:

1- Hongmoon levels: I understand that they're hard to get and require a lot of grinding. Are these like traditional AAs in the sense that there's no questing to get them and you receive an xp bar that fills up slowly?
2- Mushin tower: Will this be a new solo daily? How difficult is it? What type of rewards will be available?
3- Bloodshade Harbor: Is there any actual upgrades for doing the 4 man as opposed to the 6 man? The webpage update indicates that the 4 man version will have, "the boss' own weapon as a drop' --) is this just purely cosmetic or is there a possibility of it being better than a max upgraded Hongmoon weapon?
4- Zen Beans: Can someone explain what can be bought with them and if there's any type of cap?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Popular consensus is that they'll get better with Hongmoon skills and more skill points, but I don't know if a couple new skills will be enough to save them.
The thing is, I could see this being the case of them "catching up" if every other class wasn't also getting Hongmoon skills. The class just doesn't bring anything "unique"/better at all, that's the biggest problem.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Feels like I'm ready for the patch now. Hit Plat in arena, maxxed out all my weapons & accessories, all the gems in my weapon are pretty close to BIS, my soulshield set has 'acceptable' rolls with +crit on each of them, and I have a fair amount of cash saved up. Sitting at over
400 AP & 2400ish crit.

For those who played a previous version of BNS, I do have some questions about this patch:

1- Hongmoon levels: I understand that they're hard to get and require a lot of grinding. Are these like traditional AAs in the sense that there's no questing to get them and you receive an xp bar that fills up slowly?
2- Mushin tower: Will this be a new solo daily? How difficult is it? What type of rewards will be available?
3- Bloodshade Harbor: Is there any actual upgrades for doing the 4 man as opposed to the 6 man? The webpage update indicates that the 4 man version will have, "the boss' own weapon as a drop' --) is this just purely cosmetic or is there a possibility of it being better than a max upgraded Hongmoon weapon?
4- Zen Beans: Can someone explain what can be bought with them and if there's any type of cap?
can only answer bout mushin tower. The patch will have only floor 1 - 7, so it will be rather easy except floor 7, which will have quite the hard boss (imagine dreadtide arena finalguy on steroid). Now when i say hard, i dont mean impossible, on the version i played i did it with less than true profane (way worse stats than what you have atm, so unless you have poor reaction time, it shouldnt be hard at all), but yeah it can be sort of fun/pita style depending on your class.

Each floor has a different challenge, and a reward, and there is a daily associated with it. From floor 7 iirc, the mushin soulshield will start to drop (purple version, dont remember exactly the name of it). At that stage from what i remember the bis was a combo mix of mushin/bloodshade (something like 5/3 choosing the one with 2nd stat as crit).

As rewards you get an outfit, weapons (cant recall if its past floor 7 tho) full set of jewelry, soulshield and dunno if they will add other items. i remember tho that stuff on higher floors of mushin was higher quality than bloodshade harbor.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Ithinkmy only remaining upgrade is the Blackwyrm Claw and maybe Dokumo 3 for some crit min/maxing on the souls shield. Everything is infused with the "Artisanal Moonwater Critical Primer"

mo4IOHL.jpg

I haven't seen anyone else over 400 Attack Power on Master Hong yet.
Where's your Blackwyrm jewels?

Kidding. Very impressive loadout.

Caliane

how many times do you get betrayed on those 7 floors? and how many times do you get paralyzed while some girl you are with gets kidnapped?