Blade and Soul - Kung Fu Korea - Action MMO

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I played the Korean version to 35-40 or so without understanding Korean and it was still a pretty enjoyable ride. Fairly linear, quest based progression. No clue what the end game is like as I didn't make it.

My opinion is that even though it's a few years late, it's still definitely worth a play-through...the combat being extremely enjoyable.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
is this actually coming? i played the chinese beta hit max level max out all armor/weps did the daily raid stuff they had, and the actual raids game was hella fun, combat alone kept me playing i wish it was coming here id do it all over again including the crazy horrible RNG and the way you build your items.

BnS cash shop is mostly used for cosmetics, but really its used for the crystals you can buy so you dont lose out on upgrading your items, the way BnS does gear is a little bit tricky and hard to explain/understand so im not gonna attempt to try.

items are basically upgraded from eachother, IE you max out an earring, to get the next tier of the earring, you need to get ANOTHER feeder earing to max level and combine to two earrings and you have your new tier now you level this up, and rinse and repeat.

this was really hard as each earring had a certain feeder earing it needed and doing this with the client in chinese was rough i went mostly on pictures and stuff but was still doable, ill play it for the combat dont think ill drop money like i did on the beta just because ive seen it and unless they have added a ton of end game content im only here for the leveling experience and combat experience, doing POWARAHN or whatever was fun but really kind of a mess.

Parallel45

Silver Knight of the Realm
Good to see NCsoft finally pulled their heads out of the asses and decided to release this in the west. Yeah it's very late, but there is fuck all for MMOs coming out this year so it still has a chance. They definitely need to get this out before Black Desert though.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Founder's Pack available now.

Beta this fall, release early 2016 according to the FAQ which is kinda disapointing, I was expecting it for 2015.

Blade Soul

Some expensive stuff there, hard to judge the value since I have no clue what most of the stuff is.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Founder's Pack available now.

Beta this fall, release early 2016 according to the FAQ which is kinda disapointing, I was expecting it for 2015.

Blade Soul

Some expensive stuff there, hard to judge the value since I have no clue what most of the stuff is.
quite a rip off imho.

Costume and titles are purely cosmetic (unless they plan to change that). Rest is the usual i guess, potions etc...

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm I don't know enough about it to apply value to some of that stuff. Things like the premium membership and cash shop are obvious and make up the majority of the costs it seems. Like $125 is $45 in sub(3 months @ $15) and $90 in Cash store points.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The packs look like kinda ok value, assuming you planned on spending that amount of money on the game and buy those things(premium sub, char slots, voucher to change your char appearance). The expensive one kinda looks like shit to me though as I wouldn't see myself spending that much, subbing that long or needing that many char slots or char remakes things. The medium one looks alright, 2 char slots seem worth it since you only have 2 base and I like alts, one char remake voucher seems it could maybe be useful at some point, 1month sub is fine and you get 30bucks of points. It's still kinda expensive though for a box, so don't know.

I think the most relevant part of this though is that they say you can get a refund at any point, as long as it's before the char reservation time(which I assume will be like a week or two before headstart). So I think I'm just gonna grab the cheap one to get beta access, see how I like the game, then refund and buy the better one or don't buy shit, depending.

Parallel45

Silver Knight of the Realm
Given the higher level founder pack comes with 7200 Ncoin ($90) its not that bad of a deal for what else you get (assuming you would actually use all that Ncoin). At least Ncoin is good for all NCsoft games (including Wildstar once it goes FTP).

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The FAQ for these founders packs mention that the game will be released in "early" 2016, which sucks since I thought the game was going to be out by December. Guess NCSoft wants to give WildStar F2P and GW2 xpac less competition.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hm so how is this better than Tera, for what it's trying to do?
Pretty much the same. I prefer BnS more due to combat being more fluid (no combat lock animation, but you have white dmg), item evolving and character's skill progression. I also enjoed the open raid istances zone they had. It was less boring than tera for me once at max lvl, but still it get boring fast, tho i only played the russian version with english patch (asian countries killed my ping, and if you have bad ping its pointless to try this game), so not sure if the various expansion changed anything.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Tried this on the russian server with english patch and it was solid. Ping is a big deal in this game, so I stopped playing. Thinking about doing the entry level founders to get closed beta access.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
it would be ok if it came already with all the expansion and patches of the current korean version. Doubt it tho.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It will be fairly up to date, but no Warlock class at release, and I -think- it will have the expanded race/class combo's that the other territories have, not sure about the lvl cap.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Strangely I don't think being 4 years late will hurt it much.

It still looks good, and still has one of the best combat system out there.

What will feel dated is the linear quest progression, but that was dated 4 years ago...and nothing really came out to make it feel more dated now than it did then.

It's not like we've had a paradigm shift in MMO design in those 4 years.
smile.png

I know that I am looking forward to it, even though I played the Chinese version a few years back. Even with English patch, I missed so much of the story, and some mechanics were not clear. And latency hurt a bit too, as some combos were difficult to pull off reliably.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I was interested a long time ago. I'll buy in once beta starts maybe. Played the Russian version, the questing killed it for me.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was interested a long time ago. I'll buy in once beta starts maybe. Played the Russian version, the questing killed it for me.
Why would you buy it then? The questing isn't changing.

I'll probably do what pyros is doing. Buy the cheap version just to test it out. Then refund and either pay for the middle one if I liked it or just walk away. I tried to do the cn/ru version but I can't stand no being able to read everything and having a bad ping is just horrid in these types of games. I just didn't think it would be this long before I got to try NA version.