Blade and Soul - Kung Fu Korea - Action MMO

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Would figure they'd time their release along with the Blade and Soul anime coming out this spring, but WS probably killed that idea.

misery_sl

shitlord
Played around with it, and it did not feel fluid to me by any means. Also kept running into invisible walls and un-scale-able terrain. I think if it came out 2 years ago when I expected to play it, then it might be on my list of things to be interested in. So basically was hugely interested a long time ago, forgot about it, got trampled on by Korean game devs and eventually forgot about it. No, I have no interested in becoming interested again.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I got the register part to work, now my only problem is when I try to launch bns from ipmana the game just freezes and wont load.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Would figure they'd time their release along with the Blade and Soul anime coming out this spring, but WS probably killed that idea.
Is this just an NCSoft (assuming they are publisher ?) policy ? Or is there real bleed over between the two games ?

Just looks to me other than being mmo's they don't share much in common.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think it just has to do with ncsoft not wanting to market/push two games at once. The work for WS is done by carbine studios, so its not taking away development staff etc. I can easily see them just doing westernization right now and then waiting until after WS to market/push it . Doesn't help they might be wary of past ports and their success, to a point maybe wait for B&S to get more content to do before trying to release it here, as we saw with Tera how fast people drop the game if there is very little to do when they finish progressing.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
if anyone is not playing this because of ping issues, I highly recommend ipmana I was pinging 2-300 and felt it heavily with this I may still ping 200-250 but it feels like im on 100ping my abilities are almost instant and I can definitely see playing a melee on this kind of connection.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
byqRbmf.jpg

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'd rather wait on the English version than deal with the China ping issues.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
yeah sadly I don't think its coming, and if so not this year at least, so I figured id get my fix this way because in reality I don't think its coming period.

Oloh_sl

shitlord
Gotta love Japan's candor in its splash art on the official BnS page. LOL. Can you imagine if this was on the main page in the US?

rrr_img_60661.jpg

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There would be 50,000 comments about lens flare, 40,000 comments about knives and the promotion of violence and 30,000 about sharp knees.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
And nothing about the angle? i think not! - That aside i really want to play this as well, i remember the old FoH thread about this as well and its been years and ive been holding out wishing it would come this way. I dont think i can play it due to language barrier - just alot of shit i dont want to have to deal with just to get a taste of it.

misery_sl

shitlord
And nothing about the angle? i think not! - That aside i really want to play this as well, i remember the old FoH thread about this as well and its been years and ive been holding out wishing it would come this way. I dont think i can play it due to language barrier - just alot of shit i dont want to have to deal with just to get a taste of it.
I remember following a B&S thread on FoH years ago too. I started following it when it was first announced. I think 2010? I'm pretty big on Korean MMORPGs, but they have been a let down for me lately.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Most MMOs have been a let down lately and i dont see that changing for a while. I dont think anyone besides EQN is trying to break the mold and do anything different. TESO is laughable, Wildstar is like rerolling to vanilla in WoW with neon lights and glow sticks in hand but otherwise meh. I wish BnS did come out here but like someone said above, the possibility is extremely slim.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think its "Slim", iirc they already said they are working on it for here and it won't be censored(we'll see) but its more of "when" will it come not if.