Blade and Soul - Kung Fu Korea - Action MMO

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The combat for both games is probably their high points and not suited for a clicker or someone wanting a slower paced game at all.

Outside of combat, yeah bdo will be the game for you, much more to do and interact with in that regard.

@nyn. You can change to the other control mode, that is click to move and maybe click abilities, I dunno never tried. Clicking is horrid no matter what game.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
yeah, i always wondered how can ppl play effectivly by clicking on mmos, it just seem so slow.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
yeah, i always wondered how can ppl play effectivly by clicking on mmos, it just seem so slow.
Macros and animation cancelling.

As you said, the combat is slower so it's a lot easier to ani-cancel and games like Rift can be played just by literally pressing three or four macros.

Even 'action' games like DCUO can be macroed easily. Honestly, the thing that makes BnS different from other games is the NPCs do the same things you do (block, counter, etc). The other games have dumber mobs. Other than that, there isn't much difference that I saw.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
So i'm probably going to be rolling a second char up in the next couple days. Any opinions on BM vs BD vs KFM? I did assassin in beta so don't really want to do that as my second and not really interested in summoner/destroyer atm, I want something more actiony than my FM (and preferably with more block/parry/dodge style moves, FM has virtually none).

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I now know why I should never do auctions IRL.

Did Tomb of the Exiles (or something like that) with a bunch of 45s there just to farm random costume items and stuff. Hat with horns drops. 45 KFM and I get into bidding war, figuring dude will take it. Get to 40 silver, figure eh one more and it goes up to like 43 silver. Dude says 'grats' and bows out.

FFfffuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

but yet I got a cool hat or something.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
So i'm probably going to be rolling a second char up in the next couple days. Any opinions on BM vs BD vs KFM? I did assassin in beta so don't really want to do that as my second and not really interested in summoner/destroyer atm, I want something more actiony than my FM (and preferably with more block/parry/dodge style moves, FM has virtually none).
Try KFM, they are fun and strong, you can spec them out lots of ways but 1 rule is you have to get in everything's face.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I now know why I should never do auctions IRL.

Did Tomb of the Exiles (or something like that) with a bunch of 45s there just to farm random costume items and stuff. Hat with horns drops. 45 KFM and I get into bidding war, figuring dude will take it. Get to 40 silver, figure eh one more and it goes up to like 43 silver. Dude says 'grats' and bows out.

FFfffuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

but yet I got a cool hat or something.
Hehe that's pretty bad if you don't have premium. I bid a bit on the costume one time when I ran it in a group, but gave up when one of the lower guys bid 1g on it, couldn't be bothered. Ended up getting the costume on one of my solo runs later. Got everything from there but the horns, they're actually fucking rare, so surprised he didn't bid higher. I'd probably bid 2-3golds on it(not more cause I don't care that much about how they look, but people who do would probably bid 10g easily considering how annoying it is to farm).

I wouldn't recommend BM. It should get better next patch but I find them just annoying to play, and feels fairly under the curve in power. I think the class only really shines once you reach very high crit rate, before that it feels like poop. Unless you want to tank and play a sword guy, I'd say do BD instead, they have similarities in gameplay but BD feels more fleshed out somehow. That said KFM is better than both in my opinion, shit's just fun. There's also a bunch of variations on how to play them, unlike a lot of other classes. Like the traditional one, the smite variant, the "fire build" which involves perma searing palm, and they'll benefit a lot from next patch having more skill points because they have some really cool skills that you can't afford to take atm that you will next patch(Avenging Fist especially, which is a skill that you don't get at all until you put points into it, not like a variation of an existing skill like most talent points).

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I can't play Summoner because those Lyn just creep me the fuck out. Is Warlock going to be like Summoner and can they be another race?
Yeah I don't get asians at all with this pedo-ish weaboo hobbit shit. Like fine offer the race but don't make 2 of the what, 7 classes locked to this rabbit child shit. I actually liked the blade dancer but couldn't stand being lyn so i rerolled into a much lamer (imo) blade master, but got bored of it. Unfortunately summoner is the only pet class of now so no choice.

If warlock is just the Lyn free version of summoner, like blade master is the lyn free version of the blade dancer, then why would Lyn be able to be warlocks too?

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I never played the KR or any other version, is it a pet class? summoner, despite being lyn only, is still probably one of the most complete, effective pet classes i've seen, which is even more impressive being it's an action mmo.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's a pet class, kinda. The pet isn't permanent, it doesn't follow you around and shit. You summon it for a limited duration(uptime is like 80% though with all the talents and what not, so it's not just a gimmick) and it just stands there and attack shit. You can move it around by pulling it to you or making it jump on shit, but it doesn't move otherwise(pretty sure it has ranged attacks however). You can also detonate it for various effects, including the best group DPS buff in the game, the one that changes everyone's skill to an Awakened version(you probably saw your awakened skill in your skill list at some point). Other than that, the class is a caster. There's very little similarities between summoner and warlock, it isn't like BD and BM at all, it's more like BM and KFM, in how they're both tanks.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Warlocks are basically jacks of all trades and are gods at everything. The class is so freaking powerful it's absurd. I'm not sure if there's anything they can't do.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
it sounds similiar to the warlock from Neverwinter, primary caster with a temporary pet. Summoner is probably more my style with dedicated pet. I just wish I could play anything other than a 6 year old boy with rabbit ears and his house cat with a giant cartoon mallet

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
You can make an older-looking Lyn. Or you can come to terms with the fact that Lyn are the master race and embrace your inner cuteboy.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
by older looking lyn you mean:
pic-5.jpg

yeah, I suppose I could do that...

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, Lyn being the only ones able to be summoners pisses me off. It's the "response" I give in every one of the little surveys they give you, every 2 levels. I really want to play one since I typically gravitate toward pet classes, but I just can't fucking do it. Race/class restrictions are one of the worst things in MMOs and I had thought it died in most modern MMOs.

Does anyone know of a good website for mechanics/theorycrafting for this game? I've seen numerous build discussions, but they are wildly inconsistent not only with themselves, but some of my own testing as well.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We will be getting the nerfed Warlock, not the version that won the 2015 championship. I'm sure its still strong and fun to play though.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
We will be getting the nerfed Warlock, not the version that won the 2015 championship. I'm sure its still strong and fun to play though.
A lot of the nerf were for PvP, the class should still be god tier for PvE. I read only quickly through the notes but a bulk of the nerfs were on the draining and healing shit, so they're not unkillable like Summoners while also having a ton of burst unlike Summoners. But yeah we'll get the nerfed version. We're sadly not getting the january changes I assume, there were a few good things there, including some nice KFM changes(like making the airborne > ground shit cost 1focus instead of 3, so you can actually use it now).

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It's weird/sad how most servers (including mine) have become infested with huge Ceru zergs. Misty typically has 7 channels with 6 of them dominated by like 20+ Ceru's.