Blade and Soul - Kung Fu Korea - Action MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Stage 1 and 2 Mushin are pretty easy, using true profane wep and infernal accessories. Definitely need to upgrade gear for stage 3 though, can't beat that enrage. On summoner and destroyer.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
The evil scheme of forcing me to play BnS to get to 45 in 3 weeks, right when Black desert releases... how long does it take to cap from scratch? Consider my highest and only character so far is 25, so I don't have massive knowledge of the game.
I'll check out this warlock for sure.
You can do it in 15 hours if you do everything exactly right and pound through it. A normal person who gets all the upgrades for their gear along the way etc will be significantly longer. I wouldn't think it would be more then 40 max.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How's everyone doing on the new Mushin fight?

My best attempt (403 AP Blade Dancer) was 23% and enrage. I want to stack the damage buff more but it's really tough for me to outheal that DoT. I might just need to gear up more.
There's a video guide for BD, it's apparently pretty easy, assuming you have the gear for it.

I cleared it on my BM, and it was quite bullshitty. I wanted to make a video of it but forgot to record the kill, so yeah. Not sure I'll bother clearing it again, shit's not worth the time/money I think, tomorrow I'll just clear the first 2 since that's fast then gtfo.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Hello,

We have reviewed the details of the action. As a result, we have completely removed the action and restored access to the account. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you for your patience as we worked to resolve this matter for you.

Regards,
NCSOFT Support Team

Morph_hammer

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ran the Blackram dungeon (the lvl 20 one) about 10 times and still haven't got the right Blight weapon.

Tempted to drop cash for a brilliant viridian key, but am equally tempted to just go play Black Desert instead. Fuck that shit.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
After the horror that was getting weapons on my BD 16/22/18 (hujikar/profane/brightstone) my Warlock went 3/2/1. Hit 45 soon after getting my True Profane and started the 24s. Damage seemed pretty decent, under that of an FM, but slightly above that of a BD. Still haven't quite gotten all the pieces of gear to make a true comparison, but should be soon. Thrall/Soulburn is pretty good damage, didn't think it would be that high for the Warlock itself, but it's very good.

I shifted to a Shadow build as I approached 40 and I honestly think it's the best build for Warlock currently. Helix doesn't hit as hard, but it's up a shit load more. It's also very mobile compared with the Frost build.

Anyone else have any experience with warlock at 45 so far? how's it do in Mushins? (I'm so, very, very squishy when my Thrall is down).

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hello,

We have reviewed the details of the action. As a result, we have completely removed the action and restored access to the account. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you for your patience as we worked to resolve this matter for you.

Regards,
NCSOFT Support Team
Cool. I had a feeling you might get it back, been there got fucked like that. At least NCSoft does right eventually, even though it takes them so long.

What sucked as much as being banned wrongfully is all the idiots who assumed I was guilty just because NCSoft's over zealous ban bot algorithm dragged me in. You get a real feel for the true nature of some people when you get caught up in something like this. So much for the benefit of the doubt, some people just like being part of a lynch mob even if they should know better.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
My guess is most bans come from people right clicking the name and hitting report. If you say something right before someone drops gold spam in faction, you have a good chance of people clicking your name by accident and reporting you for no reason.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
After the horror that was getting weapons on my BD 16/22/18 (hujikar/profane/brightstone) my Warlock went 3/2/1. Hit 45 soon after getting my True Profane and started the 24s. Damage seemed pretty decent, under that of an FM, but slightly above that of a BD. Still haven't quite gotten all the pieces of gear to make a true comparison, but should be soon. Thrall/Soulburn is pretty good damage, didn't think it would be that high for the Warlock itself, but it's very good.

I shifted to a Shadow build as I approached 40 and I honestly think it's the best build for Warlock currently. Helix doesn't hit as hard, but it's up a shit load more. It's also very mobile compared with the Frost build.

Anyone else have any experience with warlock at 45 so far? how's it do in Mushins? (I'm so, very, very squishy when my Thrall is down).
My warlock is shitty geared, but I don't see Mushin being much of an issue, assuming correct gear. Junghado is easy as fuck if you have a block(like BMs) since most of the dangerous stuff you can just block, Mushin himself might be harder although I don't really know, there's a bunch of decent tricks you can use and you're ranged so shouldn't be that hard.

I'm just gonna get true profane 10/infernal accs on my warlock and leave it at that, I find it pretty fun but there's not really enough time to play more than one char. My BM is close to done but still I want to do my daillies for money and arena to train and shit and yeah I don't have time or enough money to really gear more than 1 char.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I got roughly the same gear minus gems and my soul shield (was 7/8) and got Augerite to 18%. Surprisingly, only 1 death during floor 3, which is normally a wipefest for me. So I said fuck it, lets do this warlock thing. Almost to True Siren weapon, and now 8/8 BSH shield (blues), decent gems... should be able to kill Augerite, the Piercing alone should put me in kill range. Then it'll be working on timing for Junghado once I've got purple soul shields.

Should I upgrade the ring to Awakened Siren next? then do earring or neck after that? Pirate weapon I think after all jewelery is Siren.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
I found that while augerite does require decent gear, you really need to play perfectly and sometimes take damage to maximize your damage. Once you figure out what's needed to do it you'll find its easy. You might find yourself still failing even with better gear if you're sacrificing damage somewhere in the fight.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You really don't have to take damage, unless your skills force you to stand still(I guess lock does have some hard casts+channel). Just spin around him in melee range the entire fight and only his fastest autoattack hits you, once per full rotation(like counting the red spin > yellow spin thing as the end of a rotation). You shouldn't be blocking anything on that fight and if you are, you're probably wasting a lot of time. Also take the buffs. It's not super obvious, but the 4orbs around the room give buffs when you walk over them when they have the green aoe. You can pick one up right from the pull and then it's like, every minutes or whatever. Red gives focus regen if you're starved, white and green give 50% crit and some other crap, green... I forgot. I use red on my BM since then I can just spam draw stance damage the entire time, but I don't on my summoner, favoring the crit buffs instead.

I never had any trouble with this mob even on true profane 10 with any of the chars I've done it on. I should finish upgrading my warlock shit to farm mushin soul shield, I think I'm at true profane 1/infernal 1 on everything so mostly I just need a bunch of cold iron garbage and run tomb of exiles a few times for jewelry upgrades.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
true profane here on lock, did up to junghado without problem with a mix of blackram and bsh blue ss. Stats were around 40% crit, 22k hp around and 370something atk ( had 1 sparkling diamond, brilliant square red dmg gem and brilliant square amethyst).

junghado was hard, tend to avoid the root or ignore whatsover, pet aggro is non existant, and its hard to land imprisonment, so you cant reset cds. Not impossible, but i guess is way harder compared to my bd (not to mention summoner and assassin). Rest of the floors are super easy

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Went and did Mushin tower on my WL, True Profane 8, awakened infernal 1 accs, shitty soulshield mix of poh and moonwater, upgrading with mushin as I went(started at 22k hp and ended at 27k) and died more on first and 3rd floor than the rest. First floor I picked my usual guys, archer and frost girl, while archer was easy, frost girl was melting me. In retrospect, picking the ranged guys as a ranged was a fucking dumb idea. 3rd one I got molested by the adds and shit, I never noticed on my other chars but those fucking melee mobs hit like trucks. Did it after a few deaths though.

Then didn't die until Junghado, which I died once on. I felt it was like super easy? Just kite, rotate knockdowns(X and I speced for knockdown on F after you block) and the root, and just spam the big spells. Had like 2:30 left on the clock, which is ridiculous considering even my summoner is slower most of the time(not that much better geared mind you, but still a decent bit more). Then I went and one shot the first form of Mushin, although it was very close. Didn't bother further, 2nd form is a pain in the ass and I know I don't have the damage for it.

Overall, Warlock's pretty easy against non ranged mobs. Ranged mobs are a pain in the ass though, unlike summoner or FM who can use projectile blocking buffs and other tools like projectile counter on FM and cat taunt on Summoner, Warlocks really have jackshit to use against ranged mobs that I can tell other than the 5iframes shit, which really doesn't do a whole lot due to the cd. Can block obviously, but then you do terrible damage.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I would love for you to use a tunnel to route to AUS or somewhere else to get a ping of 300 and see how much of a difference it makes to the game for DPS and survivability. I think it'll be interesting results either way.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Well, that's good news, if you still give a shit any more. :3
To be honest the whole ban disillusioned me from playing. I had more fun playing on TAKProject EQMac in the last week that I was banned than I did anything else.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Then didn't die until Junghado, which I died once on. I felt it was like super easy? Just kite, rotate knockdowns(X and I speced for knockdown on F after you block) and the root, and just spam the big spells. Had like 2:30 left on the clock, which is ridiculous considering even my summoner is slower most of the time(not that much better geared mind you, but still a decent bit more). Then I went and one shot the first form of Mushin, although it was very close. Didn't bother further, 2nd form is a pain in the ass and I know I don't have the damage for it.
hmm, completely overlooked those kds, will try again today. Did you go helix or dragoncall route?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
hmm, completely overlooked those kds, will try again today. Did you go helix or dragoncall route?
Dragoncall, I don't really like helix, feels inconsistent. Might be better at higher crit I don't know.

Definitely do want to KD on Junghado, since he extends the KDs by using the 1 wakeup so if you hit him again(best when you have your pet up or when you're doing the channeling shit), he gets KD again. Rotating the 2 KDs, you get a lot of free DPS time, then you root and unload the slow spells and so on.