Blade and Soul - Kung Fu Korea - Action MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
hexagonal purple you mean? probably ya, but its not craftable as of yet or am i missing something? cause im t3 with the drop recipe from brightstone (which is kinda useless for jewelers atm), and there is no hex purple.
No hex purple diamond no, but the blues also require polished marbles, which require like 2soulstones per 5 or whatever it is, so you end up having to use a decent chunk of soulstones.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
No hex purple diamond no, but the blues also require polished marbles, which require like 2soulstones per 5 or whatever it is, so you end up having to use a decent chunk of soulstones.
ahhh, now i saw, didnt check the marble req as i assumed it was as the previous ones lol, thought for a sec there that jewelcrafting was a bit too convenient compared to other prof ingredient wise.

yeah, ill stick with sparkling pentagonal crafting then, brightstone and mushin are a good source of fragments, so can easily craft 1 diamond a day on my lil summoner.

Diamyr_sl

shitlord
I'm getting constant lag spikes in this game.. 3 days i've been playing 3 nights i've gotten lag spikes now. It's not on my end my connection is perfect, and with no fucking way to check latency in-game I can't even tell what my ping/packet loss is. It's getting really old though, i'll be playing perfectly fine and then suddenly my button presses just aren't being registered, pet is doing nothing etc. Chat is still working fine, everyone is acting like nothing's wrong my abilities are just doing fucking nothing for 5-10 seconds or whatever.. and it will keep occuring repeatedly. Glad I haven't subbed like I was considering.

Mind you not once have I been disconnected during this it always resumes, I can have as many twitch streams as I want open during this at source res without a hitch, and it still acts like my connection to the server got cut.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Task Manager > Performance > Open Resource Manager > Network Tab > check "Client.exe" > TCP connections > find Latency.

Works for every thing.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
But apparently not for this cause it connects to a bunch of subservers that then route you through other servers and what not. If you ping with this from europe, it pings to the US for example because their cross servers or some shit are hosted there. It's weird as fuck.

It shouldn't be the servers, but it's most likely the routing to them. From what I understood a lot of time to get good routing to the servers they have to pay the providers inbetween and shit or they get the crappy ones they reroute everyone through. Which is why when you install a VPN of sorts like WTFast or PingZapper or just a normal VPN, then pick another place, you'll actually get no lags at all to the same server. So it's not really the servers, but it's some shit NCsoft should be fixing on their end with whoever's routing traffic to their servers.

I've been pretty lucky so far as I'm rarely affected. I've been getting a few delay issues sometimes, but nothing unplayable, just makes my ani cancel fuck up, and one time I had really severe lag for like 5mins but then it was gone.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pardon my noobness, but when you refer to animation canceling, what exactly do you mean? Playing a Force Master and a Summoner so far, I didn't spot particularly blatant windows of opportunity to perform such actions, is it more of a melee thing? Granted I'm still low level, but for example playing FM, I spam alternating LMB and RMB on standard crap mobs, using F-fire or F-ice and reserve C-fire, X-Fire for harder mobs. Sometimes I fuck around with 4 to lift mobs to do a combo with V-fire, but it's hardly worth the hassle. I don't think I leave empty "globals" (inappropriate term, I know) in between.

Also, what's the deal with combos? For example in the tutorial missions, the ones where the little guy teaches you stuff, it suggests to do LMB, 4 and V-fire (Blazing Palm, lift the target and light a firewall). It doesn't add any special damage, it's just cool to lift a guy and light a fire under his ass, that I can see, but I didn't notice any particular boost in damage or other factors.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The combos they show you early in the game are just ways you can use your skills in combination. No particular bonus to it, it's just to help new players understand their class and give them ideas on how to use stuff. You later get meteor instead of firewall and can do the same thing for pretty solid damage.

For animation cancelling, most classes have it to an extent. Summoner does it kinda, with LMB/RMB. You need to spec for faster casting LMB(left path), then you basically weave LMB inbetween RMB. You can also cancel F into LMB/RMB since the animation is slow on that.

Some classes have it more than others. For blademasters, RMB is a pretty long animation, which you can cancel with LMB. The total time to do RMB+LMB is about the same as the time to do RMB alone, this lets you do more damage in the same amount of time.

Destroyers and KFMs do that a lot too, cancelling stuff to fit more into the same frame of time. KFM entire PvP balance relies on cancelling abilities to fit 3 in the duration of 1, it's called 3RF(because it presses 3, R which is the keyboard shortcut for LMB and F) and does massive damage when executed well. Even in PvE you use LMB between about everything and cancel it to add free damage, and 2(the main attack for KFMs), gets cancelled into F when it's up too, which also gets cancelled. Basically everything just cancels into each other. A good KFM you won't see any of their main combo animations actually finishing, unless they're using searing palm build which makes everything not cancellable. Destroyers is the same during their main spam, they just kinda wave their axes without actually finishing a motion, they go super quick and all your hear is the "chunk" noises.

Diamyr_sl

shitlord
It shouldn't be the servers, but it's most likely the routing to them. From what I understood a lot of time to get good routing to the servers they have to pay the providers inbetween and shit or they get the crappy ones they reroute everyone through. Which is why when you install a VPN of sorts like WTFast or PingZapper or just a normal VPN, then pick another place, you'll actually get no lags at all to the same server. So it's not really the servers, but it's some shit NCsoft should be fixing on their end with whoever's routing traffic to their servers.
Yeah I kinda figured that, it's unfortunate but it is something it's on them to fix not me. I'm not going to shell out for a VPN service just so I can play their game with no lag, i'll just go spend my limited time on one of the other multitude of good games out there. If it was another company and another game i'd keep playing with the assumption it would be resolved shortly but it's NCSoft and it's a Korean port, I have zero faith anything will be done about it in a reasonable amount of time.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
WE DID IT, REROLLED!

ecff2e0f4c.jpg

Doubt I'll be able to climb much higher, I'm just not really good at PvP in this game.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
All aboard the scummoner train! 9-0 to get into gold lol, only saw 2 bots I think on the way. So much easier to play than destroyer.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If you play during normal times, you don't see as many bots, probably because there's a lot of players. When I do my pvp daillies at 4AM though, it's 90% bots. It's interesting to see the different bots too, some are like REALLY fucking bad, some are actually fucking brutal in terms of animation cancelling and skill choice. They work with a variety of build too, some with red spin, some that spam grabs, some that never grab and instead try to CC chain.

Worst are the KFM bots though, I'm nowhere near good enough yet to actually beat one. I sometimes win a round, but they generally fuck me up. I know the KFM skills but I can't fucking for the life of me not throw CC into the 1sec iframe after their dodge, always, like a retard.

Anyway for now I'm just farming the daillies and trying to learn how to BM. I also do pvp daillies on summoner, I think I'm already 200rating higher, soon plat. It is indeed ez mode in comparison.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Guess they thought I was a summoner bot?

4fbec37046.jpg

I'm at a loss for words. Submitted a support ticket. I've put well over $600 in this game in the past 2 months.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Had it happen to me 3 weeks ago, took them about 12 hours to give me access to my account back. I was using IPmana (probably running through a chinese IP) to access the game though.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Had it happen to me 3 weeks ago, took them about 12 hours to give me access to my account back. I was using IPmana (probably running through a chinese IP) to access the game though.
I'm using BattlePing instead of Wtfast so it may have caused this. Still BS though.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Guess they thought I was a summoner bot?

4fbec37046.jpg

I'm at a loss for words. Submitted a support ticket. I've put well over $600 in this game in the past 2 months.
There's a lot of this, support usually unbans within a day, quite often a couple of hours. It seems that whatever they're doing to mass ban bots catches a bunch of random people with it too.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Nope, apparently banned for this:

Offense: Association to Exploitative Accounts
Penalty: Account Closure

I'm guessing they call dropping rating exploiting? That's the only thing I can think of.

Fucked up shit. No warning, just a permaban.

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Now we know how secrets hit diamond, you naughty boy.

Not sure how losing on purpose would incur any kind of penalty. Has to be something else.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Now we know how secrets hit diamond, you naughty boy.

Not sure how losing on purpose would incur any kind of penalty. Has to be something else.
I talked toTwitch

They did not ban for the following yet:
-Ogong SS

They are not going to ban for the following:
-Friendship boxes
-Arena deranking

So why are people getting banned? This is fucking stupid. I'm never playing this shitty game again even if I get unbanned.

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Unfortunately, gaming history tells me never believe someone when they get banned and they say "I didn't do anything wrong!".