Blade and Soul - Kung Fu Korea - Action MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Oloh_sl

shitlord
Surprised there was no thread about this, so I figured I'd make one to store informations.

rrr_img_59223.png

Blade and Soul was released in Korea on June 30, 2012. It was applauded for its excellent combat and PvP, but harshly criticized for its lack of content. Since 2012, NC Soft has been adding content to the game and it is now one of the most popular games in Korea, and the second most popular MMORPG in Korea behind Lineage 1. It has since been released in China as of November, 2013 and is expected to release in Japan, North American and Europe this year.There is no NA release date established as of now.

Classes:Assassin,Blade Master,Destroyer,Force Master,Kung Fu Master,Summoner.

Some useful stuff posted in the thread so far:

Step 1. Create an Account and Install the Game.Following this video will set up a Tencent account which you can use for a lot of Chinese games. I haven't used this guide myself because I had a Tencent account already, but I am told it is working.

Step 2. Install the China to English Patch. This patch converts stat information and some UI information to English. It does not convert all quest text or other information, but its as good as we have so far.
English Patch For China - Blade & Soul Dojo

Step 3. Pick your Server and Subserver. This server has good ping in the U.S. and I am told has a decent population of English speakers. It would be nice to have everyone on the board roll on the same server. The subserver is ??? (note: you select sub-server AFTER character selection).

rrr_img_59355.jpg

RR Board members on the above server/subserver (send me a PM if you want added so I don't miss it):

1. Oloh, Sorcerer

Anyone have a working link to a Decensor Patch?

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
if it wasn't such a bitch to set up im sure someone would have thrown a thread up, its talked about constantly in almost every mmo thread as to what combat should be.

if you find a good guide link it.

Ira_sl

shitlord
Video at bottom was posted in the Tera thread. You can easily play the Chinese open beta if you can follow instructions. There is also an English patch which makes things much easier to follow by translating the UI and some onscreen visual cues.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Video at bottom was posted in the Tera thread. You can easily play the Chinese open beta if you can follow instructions. There is also an English patch which makes things much easier to follow by translating the UI and some onscreen visual cues.

downloading now.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
NCsoft only promotes one game at a time so until Wildstar gets released the NA version will remain pending.

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Wonder if we will get the censored version.

I'm a sucker for Korean MMOs, I just love their characters, armor/weapons and worlds. After watching some streams of this, it looks like a lot of fun, though hopefully they avoid Tera's pitfall of not having anything but a couple dungeons to do at max level when it launches.

Parallel45

Silver Knight of the Realm
Downloaded the CN version a few days ago after it was posted in the Tera thread since there is fuck all to play right now. The game is pretty solid. The combat is satisfying with a great animations and a feeling of impact. Playing a destroyer currently, and lifting a boss above your head while your party beats him down is damn fun.

In fact, the boss CC system is pretty innovative. Multiple players have to chain various CC moves on the boss to "prime" him, enabling someone else on the team to actually land a CC move. There are various chimes and audio queues that indicate when a boss is primed and ready for CC. Since there is no healing class in the game, the CC aspect seems to be pretty critical since it allows time where the group isn't taking damage.

I have to admit though, this game is VERY ping dependent. The best server I could find still has a 200-220ms ping time. This is at the edge of playability really. I'd love for an NA version to come out to give this game a try with a nice low ping.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are several servers with English players, people usually gravitate to whichever has the best ping for them. If those you playing now have not done so yet, I would highly recommend trying out some the "boosters" (VPN's) available. The best I have used, which made a noticeable difference in playing was " IPMana " made playing really smooth. I've also tried out WTFast and BattlePing; WTFast was shit, while BattlePing was alright, but both paled compared to IPMana.

Guide for IPMana

Playing on the Chinese servers I would suggest getting the English Patch so you can understand the UI/Stats, and if you want the game to look like the Korean version, get the De-Censor patch. While leveling you will need to manage the Fatigue system that China has, this system limits the amount of XP you can earn per day, which sucks at the later levels. Yet, you can fly through the early levels if you don't use up all the XP for that day. Lets say you can earn 100k XP in a day, and you decide to stop at 50K. You click a button and your XP bar turns grey, showing that XP gain is off. The next "day" (or when Fatigue resets, at 4pm CST), you get a bonus amount of XP equal to what you had left the previous day, so in this example you would have an additional 50K XP to the 100K you get at reset. This bonus 50K is used up at 200% normal, so its a nice quick burst of XP for that day (it doesn't stack, fyi).

List of classes based on ping (least to worst):
Summoner
Destroyer
Force Master
Blademaster/Swordmaster
Assassin
Kung Fu Master

Combat and Character Customization are the best in any MMO out, imo. NCSoft might not want to release it here at all due to bitching some people might start due to the character models being "too sexual".

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
when that video say "click on the next link" after email confirmation of the qq account, what is he referring to?

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I had the same retard problem, its the SECOND link in his youtube description.

im only like lvl 6 but this game is fucking bad ass, I want to cry because this is never going to make it to the states real fucking shit.

these Chinese voice overs are fucking hilarious.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
it is the shit. i don't know who i should blame. the garbage that is wildstar or NCSoft for pushing it.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Downloading at 4kbs.

.... Undoubtedly I will have the best of pings to their servers. In.... 752 hours...

Edit: Just jumped to 300. 6 hours now.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I made it to 30 on my Blade Master, I stopped when Nightcrawler came out on Marvel Heroes, but he's 60 now so will probably get back to this soon.

While the questing is on rails, the combat and movement is so awesome that I don't really give a crap about the questing, the fact that I can't read it may have something to do with it too.
smile.png

The combat system is really fun, the combos are cool and the animation are spectacular. While the game isn't particularly hard...I'm starting to feel at 25+ that my lack of understanding of the abilities, skill trees, gear and stats, some of the game systems and the high ping is starting to affect my efficiency somewhat.

Be careful at 15-17 or so when you get costume with the "Faction" Tag on them if you use the english patch. These flag you for pvp, which you may want or not...I found that there is a lot of respawn point camping in PVP.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For IPMana, don't worry about getting some sort of verification from them for your email, I've never gotten one, and it works just fine. When you run the program, put in your username / password, then click the left button on the bottom. This will prolly open another window to the side. You'll see two green/black buttons on the right, and a green/red button on the bottom. Click the lower green/black button once so the text in the boxes changes, then click the green/red button. That should enable your account for a week or so, I usually have to wait about 3min before everything updates and then login.

Once logged in, if you haven't already done so you will need to add the B&S Launcher so it runs. Find the "TCLS" folder inside your install directory and select "Launcher.exe". After that, its time to pick a good server. Click the gold cog wheel and check the ping for the listed servers (I find the "d" servers to be pretty good). Once that is done, click the B&S launcher icon that should appear in the window, that will load up the Launcher so you can select your server (don't worry if you see an outrageous ping being shown for that server).

Parallel45

Silver Knight of the Realm
I installed the english patch and it does help a lot with the interface. However, one big area still missing is the skill translations. The dojo forums have some translated screenshots of the skill trees.

There are a few unofficial english servers. I rolled on ???? - ???? which seemed to have a large english community (and more importantly the lowest ping for me). The server thread over on the dojo forums has a good summary of which are the active english servers:

http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topi...ist-version-2/