Blade and Soul - Kung Fu Korea - Action MMO

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I am hesitant to play Chinese version for that reason. Also, I would like to enjoy the entirety of the game, including story, as I progress instead of just 1/10th of the game features.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well my landmark alpha character bugged out, going to install and try this with the desensor and English patch.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Does anyone know if I have to uninstall and reinstall with my region changed to US to make the thing work?

Oloh_sl

shitlord
Does anyone know if I have to uninstall and reinstall with my region changed to US to make the thing work?
Probably yes. That is how other Chinese games work. If you see boxes on your desktop icon instead of Chinese text, it probably wont work. Need to see the Chinese text.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Just played this for a few hours.

I take back the stuff about not coming to the west, it is too good not to. Looks fantastic and runs very well too. Animations are top notch. Running/flying skill is great.

I need to take the time to find the best server for me though. Too much popping of mobs and laggy skill inputs to make combat enjoyable (and that was as a Summoner, as I figured a pet would help offset some of the lag). Playing as a bearded human child as they are the only summoner class
frown.png

I couldn't get the decensor thing to work. If I tried to launch the game using the esb patcher thing, but the game just closes after having typed in the password to the qq number. Have to start the game from the launcher to get it to work. It also won't start unless I have the Chinese (simplified, pcr) characters set in my system. Need to change to Chinese it to get a valid install, but also to play. I tried changing to the Chinese, installing, then reverting back to normal, and it wouldn't start. Didn't recognize my install. English patch worked though. Would be awesome if they managed to translate all the text. I was lost for 5 minutes trying to figure out Esc, alt...

Also more interested in the story I can't understand than I am of the Wildstar story. Reminds me a bit of Final Fantasy 14 in the way it is presented.

Parallel45

Silver Knight of the Realm
B&S is really fun, but I can't really recommend the foreign versions for any sort of long term play.
Probably true. I'm pretty much treating the CN version as I would an open beta/preview for other games. I'll play it long enough to get a taste of the game and the various classes, then set it aside until the NA release (whenever the hell that will be).

With a 200+ms ping, I'm pretty much resigned to the fact I won't be able to excel at any of the fast paced quick reaction classes (KFM, assassin, etc). Several of the classes can make use of animation canceling which requires low latency as well. That said, the combat feels pretty damn good even at 200ms. I can't wait to experience this game on a <70ms connection with a US data center.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haha this download is going to take forever,20-100kb/s instead of usual 2-3MB and its 8 gigs.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here is a link to the thread at the Dojo Forums for the Decensor patch. Don't use the "english" version of that program, it doesn't work well, imo. I would start on the last page and just work back, you'll find a link to download the program "BNSLamp". That is the I've been using, though at the moment it seems the "nude" option messes up character models, so use that at your own risk. The outfit decensor and boob physics work just fine though:

De-censor Thread

I have no advice on getting the game to work with Win8 / Win8.1. Tencent has been trying to get it to work, and put out a patch which most people have found successful, but it seems like a headache to get it all working:

Win8 / Win8.1 Patch Thread

A big list of servers with English players can be found here:

English Servers / Guilds

My characters are on the server ???? but split between two sub-servers: ??? (45 Destroyer, Tuon) and ???? (Lvl20-ish Forcemaster / Blademaster).

Make sure you System Locale is set to Chinese PRC when you install and play (has no noticeable effect on anything else).

Note: The English Patch / Decensor Patch will break after each game patch, so you'll need to wait til they are updated for them to work. These two patch dont' seem to like each other. I usually run the English patch first, then run the Decensor patch, then the launcher.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can you english patch and and decensor? I was going to do the english version of dencensor but guess I will DL the other. Should I run english patch then decensor or vice versa?

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
damn I really should have rolled on the official dojo servers massive amount of guilds, wonder if its worth it, I did find this small group of English players on my subserver.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well that was pretty easy to do and the English + decensor thing worked first time!

Yeah I just joined the server that had the most people listed, will see if I play a bit more tonight.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would find a server that has a good connection for you, the one I listed above seems to be universally good for anyone from NA, better than the official dojo servers (at least for me and many others).

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The one I chose was about 150-200ms for me, which is the region 2 one. No clue how to see connection to the server you choose after creating a character.