Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
The bdo community calls this game the bdo killer we will see

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The bdo community calls this game the bdo killer we will see
No sane person in the BDO "community" that has actually played Bless would ever say that it is going be the BDO killer. I played the JP Rebuild version, and while I won't call the game trash, it is nowhere near as good as BDO in any aspect. All that could be said about the game is that it is an alternative to Archage.

• 1Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All that could be said about the game is that it is an alternative to Archage.

Apart from them both being MMOs, I don't see how Bless Online is an alternative to Archeage, Bless Online looks like themepark oriented while Archeage is more sandbox oriented.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
it is nowhere near as good as BDO in any aspect

BDO has zero meaningful end game PvE. No raids, dungeons, or any kind of challenging group content. Just mindless one or two shotting packs of mobs for eternity.

It's not saying much but I think Bless (and just about every other MMO) beats BDO in this aspect.

• 1Salty

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
BDO has zero meaningful end game PvE. No raids, dungeons, or any kind of challenging group content. Just mindless one or two shotting packs of mobs for eternity.

It's not saying much but I think Bless (and just about every other MMO) beats BDO in this aspect.
This isn't true, but it might just come down to what you expect "meaningful content" to be. The game has 2 enclosed public dungeons (Aakman / Hystria), which can be solo'd if you're top tier geared, but are clearly meant to be for groups. These two areas can drop the BiS earring, and pieces for a very rare item that allows teleports. It has Gyfin Temple and Mirumok Ruins, can be solo'd if you're even more top tiered geared, but again, clearly meant for groups (drops BiS belts). It has a weekly event encounter which you can only do in a group (Valtarra).

As for raids? lol. You have Mutant Ogre, Troll King, Offin Tet (NA doesn't have that yet), and maybe some day a non-buggy Vell. Of course you can just call those bigger zerg fests, but BDO has never been a game with gimmick based encounters that most people consider to be raids (ala WoW). If you're in a guild, you can also do pretty strong versions of various field bosses. Plus, I highly doubt BDO would work with what people typically consider dungeon / raid content... as those have all been developed with the Holy Trinity in mind, or in the case of a game like Blade & Soul, group dynamics which can limit / stop bosses from doing dmg.

People will play Bless because it is something new, it has familiar Holy Trinity systems and is tab target combat. People will stop playing Bless when they see it has nothing to offer that isn't already done better by other games. Not hating on it, and I'll probably play it for a week or to get a character to max lvl, but little longer.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I play BDO and am aware of everything you mentioned. The simple fact is that if I want to experience group content I don’t play BDO - I log into ESO or WoW.

BDO is a fun action combat MMO but it doesn’t have any challenging PvE encounters.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I played Bless on the Russian servers when it came out, it had a pretty good English patch. I lasted about 2 days before calling it quits.

It's a very generic MMO, nothing really new at the low level anyways. The combat was pretty bland which is pretty much what killed it for me.

I'm somewhat looking forward to it on Steam, it will still be a generic MMO but with better combat(hopefully), it might be worth a playthrough since I'm in serious MMO withdrawal.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hmm combat looks pretty good. Not really expecting much from this though being korean and all, I assume it'll be grind heavy, RNG heavy for progression(both in acquiring items and upgrading items) and in the worst case P2W, as in more P2W than I'm comfortable with. Don't mind shit like unlocking mounts early or getting items that give stats if they can be sold for ingame money in a non shitty way, unlike say Black Desert auction RNG whatever stuff where you don't really get the shit you want in a timely fashion. But once you start selling consumables to prevent items from breaking when upgrading or guaranteed upgrade consumables or just high chance, shit gets real bad imo, especially since the systems tend to be built around incentivizing sales by having terrible base chances.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm getting it also.

Combat looks much improved from Russian version which was the major thing I didn't like about it.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Looks pretty good to me even the JP version...shrug

The biggest bummer to me is the lack of mystic and assassin. Mystic would probably be my class selection.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Revamped combat is ok, I guess. Let me know when there is a revamped UI video. God, that shit is ugly, they must have spent a whole ten minutes on it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is this also PVP focused end-game like BDO?
This actually has dungeons and raids(10man), so I don't think so. Like every korean mmo though it has pvp, but I think it's more Blade and Soul, Tera and so on, where you have more pve content and then some basic pvp/mass pvp systems(checking a video, it has arenas, BGs, open world pvp which I'm unsure if it's like zone specific or server specific like FFA ruleset and such, and finally some guild pvp system but not clue how it works).

Also in case of, it seems to use the trinity. It has a tank class, a healer class(with a 2nd one being added later) and a bunch of your usual DPS classes. Can't say if you can do dungeons without a tank and shit like you can in some games, or if there's another class that can tank other than Guardian, but yeah seems pretty vanilla mmo stuff really.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
It has from what I can tell unavoidable pvp except with a cash shop item that makes you pvp immune.

• 1Dislike

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PvP is kinda like Aion, where the opposing Faction can raid the others territories and PK anyone they see. Not sure if there are any level restrictions on that system.

The combat only looks like you'll be pressing a couple buttons more often, compared to the JP version I played, so it might feel more "actiony". Though I haven't played this new version, so it might surprise me (hope it does). You still cannot avoid any dmg, other than telegraphed stuff, so being able to move around in circles is mainly fluff... but at least you can move full speed (unlike Tera). Tab target is still kinda meh, but I believe you can setup how you select a target like in WoW / GW2, like pressing a skill will target the closest mob.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't undertansd that review, why does "lot of PvP" matter if the game is bad ? It's like saying "this swimming pool is filled with sharks but the water is warm". It's been known for months that combat gameplay is awful, engine is very bad and there's not much to do PvP wise besides 100v100 diaporama zergfest and occasional ganking during leveling. Unless the Steam version is very different I don't see the appeal at all.