Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

Cybsled

I don't think that the Starcraft IP is big enough to support a decade+ of MMO expansions. They would have to introduce new alien races which is a huge risk.

It would be super easy. You can just make up alien planets and you can just explain "space is big".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Blizzard already did that, they lied saying they had 3 xpacs worth of amazing starcraft 2 story to tell and instead stretched out the one new unit per planet bullshit.

Daidraco

You keep that woke bull shit out of Starcraft. I have fond memories of all the characters that were made by someone that doesnt have testosterone problems. Already bad enough they attacked it for some basic stuff - had to search through quite a few photos just to find the original marine with a Cigar. I'd rather they sell the IP off to a studio that isnt going to fuck it up as bad as the current or future teams will.
starcraft.jpg

II-QjM3heH9hqJONu_lJ-PttcyEBLYj6VC8Vc11-MIHzlUZ_9JbXSjd47cXvcskqdhFSQAhfAZw7E4-8tgR3XSpumKWvwF8fa-pX3nkLQhM

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
You keep that woke bull shit out of Starcraft. I have fond memories of all the characters that were made by someone that doesnt have testosterone problems. Already bad enough they attacked it for some basic stuff - had to search through quite a few photos just to find the original marine with a Cigar. I'd rather they sell the IP off to a studio that isnt going to fuck it up as bad as the current or future teams will.
View attachment 368363
II-QjM3heH9hqJONu_lJ-PttcyEBLYj6VC8Vc11-MIHzlUZ_9JbXSjd47cXvcskqdhFSQAhfAZw7E4-8tgR3XSpumKWvwF8fa-pX3nkLQhM
lol cunts bitch about how Blizzard's female characters look like theyre from a magazine but every male character looks like their hearts pump nothing but testosterone.

• 2Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
View attachment 368363
How in the hell do you smoke a cigar in a space suit?

• 1Worf

Daidraco

How in the hell do you smoke a cigar in a space suit?
I mean, fk all that cares about the reality of it. But I think you are forgetting the cinematic, much less how much they constantly open and close their face shield. If you want a better answer, you can look at the planet that he's (on) from the cinematic and its not in space and on a planet that has trees etc. Lends credence to the possibility the air is breathable.

Last edited:

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
View attachment 368363

The dialogue and writing quality from SC1 to SC2 was a huge step down. The thing with the 90s RTS campaigns was the feel that you were a general who everyone was talking to. That has disappeared largely these days, which is a shame.

• 2Like

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Factual. Kind of like a certain "Producer" taking his entire team to MineCon in Vegas, only to return with the 'revelation' that a certain MMO will now have destructible terrain. Then fire up the hype machine, sell world creation tools to 'players' to basically get them to pay to do your work for you, while failing to ever actually deliver a game.

My favorite part was when this producer asked the rest of the company to play through their 'new' (conceptually lifted directly from League of Legends) combat system, only for basically the entire company to complain that it was complete shit for an MMO. Either that or completely faking the combat demo at a certain fan event in Las Vegas (basically lying to players about the state of the game), only to cancel the whole thing a few months later.

Ahhh Georgeson. I knew that guy seemed like a massive shyster but I still bought into Landmark anyway. Might as well had set that 100 bucks on fire but ah well.

Funny I recently watched your interview with Shawn and thought you were way more respectful about Dave than I would have been. Dude singlehandedly destroyed any future EQ games.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Factual. Kind of like a certain "Producer" taking his entire team to MineCon in Vegas, only to return with the 'revelation' that a certain MMO will now have destructible terrain. Then fire up the hype machine, sell world creation tools to 'players' to basically get them to pay to do your work for you, while failing to ever actually deliver a game.

My favorite part was when this producer asked the rest of the company to play through their 'new' (conceptually lifted directly from League of Legends) combat system, only for basically the entire company to complain that it was complete shit for an MMO. Either that or completely faking the combat demo at a certain fan event in Las Vegas (basically lying to players about the state of the game), only to cancel the whole thing a few months later.
jurassic park mind blown GIF by Spotify

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I don't think that the Starcraft IP is big enough to support a decade+ of MMO expansions. They would have to introduce new alien races which is a huge risk.
Have you seen Star Citizen? People have pumped 380 million dollars into a game that's been in barely-playable Alpha long enough to be in middle school by now.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Have you seen Star Citizen? People have pumped 380 million dollars into a game that's been in barely-playable Alpha long enough to be in middle school by now.
That total gets more and more absurd every year. I bet Roberts water skis on lakes of liquid gold.

Goonsquad Officer
View attachment 368363
did they take cigar marine off of the box? or the art in general? really?

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I would guess he left it running unattended on multiple occasions
My steam hours are inflated by 2-10x because I have a tendency to alt-tab out of games for hours at a time due to work calls or family stuff.

• 1Like