Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

Fucker

Log Wizard
My bet is high blood pressure.

I know that face. That is the face of a person that loses their shit in meetings on the regular.
I had a boss who would go from white face to red faced angry and veins popping out of his head in about .001 second. He was not the person to piss off or get on his bad side. He never got angry unless someone royally deserved it, though.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Well in theory, starting off BFA with Sylvanas burning the World Tree painted them into a corner with the character and they've had to try to play damage control all throughout Shadowlands ever since. Or something.
Okay, part of the backstory to all that, is that they ruined Garrosh first, which most Horde players didn't like that much back in MoP, either. Another instance of "he went bad because of corruption." Boring, but whatever.

The second, very obvious what the fuck here is: How can a single man dictate so much how the story goes? They should hold regular meetings, and they have more then one writer for all the dialogue and quests? They need to have written dialogues to produce these cutscenes and machinimas? The voice actors need the lines they have to say beforehand, and they need the context for them?

How the ever living fuck did everyone at Blizzard involved in the story just shut the fuck up and go along with a single man? No one questioned the direction the story went? No one stood up to this and said "this may be a bad idea? There must be meeting notes, right?

Wasn't Furor only Senior Creative Director, and there should be technically the Game Director above him? Who was that after Tom Chilton in 2016? Was that already Ion?

This is obvious bullshit, disseminated to "influencers" by Blizzard PR "insiders" to paint Blizzard as the victim here.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wasn't Furor only Senior Creative Director

Well, sometimes this title can be misleading.

Don_Draper_Wiki.jpg

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Jesus the difference in body language between Alex and that dude sitting next to him is very telling.

Furor was aggressive as fuck in that office.
Furor is an alpha male

• 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
How the ever living fuck did everyone at Blizzard involved in the story just shut the fuck up and go along with a single man? No one questioned the direction the story went? No one stood up to this and said "this may be a bad idea? There must be meeting notes, right?
"No negativity in the dojo" can work to your advantage if you're assertive enough to bulldoze any attempts at dissent. Prob good if one person is driving most of that though. I'd imagine by that point, most of the new people at Blizzard were only there because they were 'fans', so it's not like they were his peers or something.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
most of the new people at Blizzard were only there because they were 'fans', so it's not like they were his peers or something.
I still can't figure out how one could stoop so low to hire "fans" to work on a product. Their judgement about it is clouded by definition.

If I wanted to create a vegetable garden I wouldn't hire goats to plan it.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I still can't figure out how one could stoop so low to hire "fans" to work on a product. Their judgement about it is clouded by definition.

But if you need to mow a lawn, you could hire goats, they'd do a somewhat shitty jobs, but they'd do it for free/cheap. That's really all it means, people with passion can be exploited to work more for less.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande

Yeah they should hire diverse feminists who have never played a videogame... oh wait... that's the other thing they did.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The second, very obvious what the fuck here is: How can a single man dictate so much how the story goes? They should hold regular meetings, and they have more then one writer for all the dialogue and quests? They need to have written dialogues to produce these cutscenes and machinimas? The voice actors need the lines they have to say beforehand, and they need the context for them?

Because as stated numerous times Blizzard has something fundamentally wrong with it at its core when it comes to management. For whatever reason the most idiotic people are continuously allowed to make the most idiotic choices possible and theres no checks to stop that.

At this point Im going with for the longest time Blizzard was always the "king" of gaming so it didnt matter if they made stupid choices. Powers that be saw they where making money hand over fist so had no reason to fix something not critical like the story.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Whatever they were doing used to work, it just wasn't scalable. Another lesson in managing team size vs making the devils bargain and requiring endless growth (cue Secrets).

Goonsquad Officer

i think you just have to be really careful about who you hire for it. some one with a mind for architecture and structure who can produce product would be great. but a lot of enthusiasts are super one dimensional in a space like that.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Because as stated numerous times Blizzard has something fundamentally wrong with it at its core when it comes to management. For whatever reason the most idiotic people are continuously allowed to make the most idiotic choices possible and theres no checks to stop that.

At this point Im going with for the longest time Blizzard was always the "king" of gaming so it didnt matter if they made stupid choices. Powers that be saw they where making money hand over fist so had no reason to fix something not critical like the story.
Seniorty is king at Blizzard, that's what it is.

People are in charge of things because they have been there the longest either at Blizzard or in that role in other companies.

Like Danuser was probably the longest serving MMO writer they could find even though his work was shit.

I've said this before but Square-Enix looked at which quests were the most popular and promoted the person who wrote them (Ishikawa), they hired on merit and even got a diverse women that way lol.

• 1Like
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Because sometimes fans can make a good product. A better example is hiring a car enthusiast to help design a car. Sometimes the enthusiast knows just enough about what makes a car work to help design a good one, even if they aren’t engineers. They know what works and what doesn’t, and can have a pulse on what others feel.

One key thing Yoshi P does is he is always playing his own game and the games of others. Like during an interview, he stated he wanted to play New World. Even if you don’t find good things in another game, you can at least learn more about what people consider to be bad things.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One key thing Yoshi P does is he is always playing his own game and the games of others. Like during an interview, he stated he wanted to play New World. Even if you don’t find good things in another game, you can at least learn more about what people consider to be bad things.

Blizzard used to play their own games too:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I've said this before but Square-Enix looked at which quests were the most popular and promoted the person who wrote them (Ishikawa), they hired on merit and even got a diverse women that way lol.

Battle.net is a hell of a website though you gotta admit.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Because sometimes fans can make a good product. A better example is hiring a car enthusiast to help design a car. Sometimes the enthusiast knows just enough about what makes a car work to help design a good one, even if they aren’t engineers. They know what works and what doesn’t, and can have a pulse on what others feel.
But you need to have engineers to make sense of it. In the case of Blizzard, is there even anyone left that wasn't hired post-launch from the pool of fans?

I think it was Kevin Jordan who once remarked on an Classic podcast before launch: They never wrote down the design principles and goals during the initial development of WoW, because to them it was obvious.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Leading a gagglefuck of retards through WoW progression was no less stressful, especially when WotLK rolled around and he finally realized that his most problematic raiders weren't from the infusion of new blood, but rather were long time vets of the guild.

And he'd still run pug raids, at least up through ToC for his alts to kill Anub.

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Posted in the Shadowlands thread, not surprised this is a new warlock pet in light of all the tranny/queer crash and burn shit with Blizzard.

• 3Barf
  • 2Picard
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 5 users