Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Everquest was already on the decline. Wasnt hard to pull people away from Omens, so that didnt help either. As far as Titan goes, if the art assets from that is what OverWatch was hatched out of - I wouldnt have played that shit anyway. Thats pretty big assumption from me, because I would absolutely love a "good" (to me) sci fi MMO.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Everquest was already on the decline. Wasnt hard to pull people away from Omens, so that didnt help either. As far as Titan goes, if the art assets from that is what OverWatch was hatched out of - I wouldnt have played that shit anyway. Thats pretty big assumption from me, because I would absolutely love a "good" (to me) sci fi MMO.

I would have played Starcraft: Ghost and was hyped about getting a normal game from Blizzard. Their chosen areas to compete suck ass. MOBAs when the MOBA space is dominated by 2 perfected games already. Titan, a pile of shit MMO. It would have been cool to see Blizzard take a stab a more normal genre and Starcraft: Ghost was going to be that first step by Blizzard into doing something more normal.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
What a worthless change. Fuck all virtue signaling bullshit.

Game is shit and they're focusing on names, lol. I bet more people end up leaving over shit like this.

I wonder if they'll start changing the names of the games themselves next.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
Game is shit and they're focusing on names, lol. I bet more people end up leaving over shit like this.

I wonder if they'll start changing the names of the games themselves next.

This is a 2 second change. It's not like it takes anything out of the schedule for the team.

• 1Seriously?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
There's alot of voice lines to redo, or just cut
At this point I bet all they do is strip out every voice line that says or mentions his name. No way they will pay to have the lines redone with whatever name they give him.

Cybsled

Have noticed there has been zero actual allegations of what this guy did outside of being friends with Furor

He was in the Cosby Suite chat texts. When Furor mentions marrying the women, he responds “you mean fuck”.

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
He was in the Cosby Suite chat texts. When Furor mentions marrying the women, he responds “you mean fuck”.
yeah I saw they iced the like 3 guys still left from the infamous picture and he was one of them

From the Activision suite perspective that makes sense to me. Just clean house. It's not like any of these fucks are worth their salary anymore. I dont get the renaming the character shit unless hes actually a rapist or this is a cynical PR ploy

Given that they havent leaked anything about him I'm assuming its the latter

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This is a 2 second change. It's not like it takes anything out of the schedule for the team.

I understand this, however, they just opened the door for even more trolling and criticism. People are still going to call him the same name regardless of what they change it to and it's a tone deaf change with all the real issues surrounding their games.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
They going to rename the WoW zone Mac'aree? That'll push back 9.2 another month.

• 1Worf

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I did notice in the last few matches of this months tournament (the countdown cup) they referred to him as just Cowboy a few times.

That's going to be a hard habit to break. I'll bet at least one or two casters will call him McCree without thinking.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Oh you know there was like 20-30 meetings about this along with power point slides.

Not a meme though.

Blizzard said they were hindered severely by COVID because they need face meetings for planning and Zoom was not a substitute for the type of meetings they hold.

This means 20-30 meetings for a name change is all but confirmed.