Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I don't see this guy writing any articles on why coal mining, construction, and drilling are all 90% men. Why isn't he fighting the good fight for all those future female coal miners?
Just mad she wouldnt be invited to the Cosby Suite.

1635356832796.png

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Please put a bullet through the head of this franchise.

I have a group of old school friends that continue to play TBC classic like it’s a grudge fuck. They know what Blizzard has turned into so they look at this as one last nut to bust on the face, neck and chest of this game before they kick it to the curb.

It’s like hanging out with a bunch of nihilist planning for the end of times, but this virtual apocalypse is nothing more than a drunken orgy of Cosby Suite and fruit bowl memes.

1635358515452.jpeg

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
So while their game is going to shit and people are waiting on new content this is the kind of shit these moronic faggots are working on.

The release of Shadowlands provided a new opportunity to streamline and redesign the character creation process. Go behind-the-scenes with Senior UI Designer Jeff Liu to learn more about the thought processes behind it.

Greetings, denizens of Azeroth! My name is Jeff Liu, and I’m a Senior UI Designer on the World of Warcraft User Interface Team. I’m here to share some insights into the Character Creation redesign that launched with Shadowlands. With all the great new customization options that have been introduced recently, we thought this was a great time to pull back the curtain and show off a bit more of the behind-the-scenes design choices we’ve made to the user interface (UI).

I previously worked on the Transmogrification System and Auction House redesigns. Revamping old UIs is by far my favorite type of project, so I was incredibly excited to redesign the Character Creation screen.

This was part of the New Player Experience initiative, which included Exile’s Reach, the new player starting zone. Character Creation is the first screen a new player interacts with, so we wanted to modernize it to make a good first impression. The character art team was also in the process of adding lots of new customization options for Shadowlands, so the timing for the UI update was perfect.

The New Layout
For reference, this is what the old Character Creation screen looked like:

One of the first things we tried was splitting up the class and race selection screens. You would choose your class on the first screen, and your race on the second:

In this example, if you want to play a Night Elf, you’d have to go back to the previous screen, pick a different class, and then keep going back-and-forth between screens to see all your options.

Yeah, it was pretty awkward.

This didn’t work out, so we nearly ended up keeping the old layout and simply updating the art. During a last-minute brainstorm, my fellow UI Designers, Crash Reed and Ray Ocampo pitched a concept where the races were split into opposite sides:

GQAUUgU.png

charcreation29.jpg

charcreation30.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
YO FAGS THERE ARE NEW BARBERSHOP ICONS.

charcreation31.jpg

charcreation32.jpg

The Category Icons
All of the customization options are contained in one of three categories. Here’s how the categories and their icons evolved:

I originally planned for five categories, but that changed after I tested it in-game.

I felt it was clunky for hair options to be in the second category, since changing your hairstyle is typically one of the first things you do. So I moved them into the first category with the face options.

Most races don’t have many body and tattoo options, so I combined those two categories as well. And that’s how we ended up with the final three.

Barbershop
You might remember that the barbershop used to have a completely different UI from the Character Creation screen. With the redesign, it made a lot of sense for us to use it in both places.

Some barbershops used to be inconveniently dark because the lighting was based on the environment around it. This also made the perception of colors inaccurate in some cases. A green might look yellow, for example.

The art team solved this problem by applying a completely neutral light around your character when you activate the barbershop chair. Now the lighting is both bright and color accurate.

A new feature of the barbershop is that you can change your character’s gender. Here’s a video of the very first gender swap, recorded by the engineer who implemented it.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't see this guy writing any articles on why coal mining, construction, and drilling are all 90% men. Why isn't he fighting the good fight for all those future female coal miners?

or why didn't women run the infrastructure for the internet and lay all that cable. surely an industry in need of change

Chris

Potato del Grande
Nothing wrong with updating that stuff but it's not a PR opportunity, especially when you keep talking about how stupid players are.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
My name is Jeff Liu, and I’m a Senior UI Designer on the World of Warcraft User Interface Team.
He doesn't have pronouns in his Twitter bio, and does not have a blue checkmark. I guess the asian people at Blizzard are the only ones left doing actual work.
1635370325235.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Meanwhile in FFXIV, SE changed the ToS to clamp down on boosting, especially RMT boosting.

1635370637538.png

• 7Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Exhibit A, the top post from r/wow this month as per
1635371059811.jpeg

Exhibit B: An WoW player trying to gaslight you into believing you deserve trash talk because you are the toxic one:

1635371143415.png

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Honestly the argument that these RMTs, boosting, betting, and all other behavior that undermines the spirit of the game was ever a positive only came from retards to begin with. I hope Square takes a hardline stance on it and makes way more money.

• 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 9 users