Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The mere name "Blizzard" has slowly become so toxic that it started glowing in the dark. It is now attached to multiple failures in a row and sexual harassment.

By now the rumor that they'll rebrand as "Activision Insight" seems more and more plausible.
Surely someone on Parler will buy them.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"We will increase the percentage of women and non-binary people in our workforce by 50%" I'd say hire people based on skill, but why start now.

The kicker is he was on the board that advocated for the diversity push. Clown world, and this is where companies like Blizzard are going.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Title IX is the blueprint for how this will run its course. Companies are being stupid right now largely because the current culture lets them. In the end, no one will actually hire more alphabet employees. Instead, productive positions will be eliminated(officially, for "other" reasons) so that percentage quotas are met.

Perhaps differently from Title IX, maybe companies will actually suffer for their mistakes.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The mere name "Blizzard" has slowly become so toxic that it started glowing in the dark. It is now attached to multiple failures in a row and sexual harassment.

By now the rumor that they'll rebrand as "Activision Insight" seems more and more plausible.

If Activision doesn't divest itself from Blizzard, then they have to rebrand. There is no in between.

It's one or the other. The Blizzard name is mud, and no real influencer or journalist will attend a Blizzcon under the Blizzard name and risk getting the stink of the Crosby suite on them.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
If Activision doesn't divest itself from Blizzard, then they have to rebrand. There is no in between.

It's one or the other. The Blizzard name is mud, and no real influencer or journalist will attend a Blizzcon under the Blizzard name and risk getting the stink of the Crosby suite on them.
Yup, the brand is totally fucked. Even the "normies" in my social circles think of Blizzard games as trash now. Blizzard might even have worse connotations than BioWare at this point.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yup, the brand is totally fucked. Even the "normies" in my social circles think of Blizzard games as trash now. Blizzard might even have worse connotations than BioWare at this point.

When shopping for some Corsair/Logitech keyboards at Bestbuy yesterday I had some pro gaming expert staff member (he mentioned he swaps through 5-6 mouses per session) he asked what I play and I couldn't just say some FPS or random ARPG off the top of my head, I had to keep it "mainstream" I felt, so I said "Im doing some World of Warcraft.....some Leagues...".

When I said World of Warcraft the silence was palpable. Clearly it is no longer the golden age and the goose is dead. A few years ago a mention of WoW would have gotten more conversation related to it, or at least a nod like "ok cool" or some familiar acknowledgement. Instead it was met with "....... ..................". Like holy shit people still give that company money.

You could literally measure the cringe bomb in real time before I even finished the "warcraft" part.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>

The kicker is he was on the board that advocated for the diversity push. Clown world, and this is where companies like Blizzard are going.

I read that this morning, and it made my day. They need to root out the cancer that is diverse HR hires telling the hiring folks to meet the quota or else.

Duck Duck Go got busted doing something similar in the hiring process, I can't find an update though:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
When shopping for some Corsair/Logitech keyboards at Bestbuy yesterday I had some pro gaming expert staff member (he mentioned he swaps through 5-6 mouses per session) he asked what I play and I couldn't just say some FPS or random ARPG off the top of my head, I had to keep it "mainstream" I felt, so I said "Im doing some World of Warcraft.....some Leagues...".

When I said World of Warcraft the silence was palpable. Clearly it is no longer the golden age and the goose is dead. A few years ago a mention of WoW would have gotten more conversation related to it, or at least a nod like "ok cool" or some familiar acknowledgement. Instead it was met with "....... ..................". Like holy shit people still give that company money.

You could literally measure the cringe bomb in real time before I even finished the "warcraft" part.
I kinda of did this to someone lol.

My wife has a friend with a socially awkward husband. Went to their house and his wife mentioned they set up a gaming PC in their lounge and I asked which games...

He said World of Warcraft and was immediately defensive without my saying a word "Some people don't like it anymore but I still enjoy it!".

Then my wife said I was playing Final Fantasy and it got awkward. Tried to sell him on FF14 but he's dyslexic and can't even raid.

• 1Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I read that this morning, and it made my day. They need to root out the cancer that is diverse HR hires telling the hiring folks to meet the quota or else.

Duck Duck Go got busted doing something similar in the hiring process, I can't find an update though:

These lawsuits will be glorious.

Unfortunately the company I just started working for is turning out to be pretty fucking based, so chances are I won't get a crack at a cool 10 mil anytime soon.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Blizzard and Bioware should team up to release Anthem 2

• 2Worf

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Dont worry guys, whales are putting in work to make sure Blizzard stays afloat no matter what;

1635539471851.png

• 1Tiresome
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Preach is prolly like thank fuck I don't have to play this FF14 game now. I don't think he was really into the whole thing.

Edit: nvm. I was wrong. Preach is cynical about it. Which I feel is the right take. This is all about Bobby saving his CEO position. He should have been let go.

• 2Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Lastly, I want to ensure that every available resource is being used in the service of becoming the industry leader in workplace excellence. Accordingly, I have asked our Board of Directors to reduce my total compensation until the Board has determined that we have achieved the transformational gender-related goals and other commitments described above. Specifically, I have asked the Board to reduce my pay to the lowest amount California law will allow for people earning a salary, which this year is $62,500. To be clear, this is a reduction in my overall compensation, not just my salary. I am asking not to receive any bonuses or be granted any equity during this time.

When you have 24.4% in stock, it's hard to imagine that's going to impact his bottom line at all.

Dude's set for life. This is all pandering to rights groups in hopes the lawsuit gets tossed. And then he'll probably sell his shares after his departure. Pathetic.

• 1Like

Abigailicious

Lord Nagafen Raider
They don't divest, they bought it, they own it. Maybe that sounds like semantics, but in a world where words are twisted constantly for lies, let's strive for truth. Activision and Blizzard are the same corporate monster. Kotick's shareholder thing BOUGHT Blizzard. Activision is in charge. Don't be confused by the two different brands.

• 2Like