Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
How many subs would you say there is in just pure raiding? Pure Ionites?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Also how does that explain every other single IP thats a complete dumpster fire?
I can explain it for two games, but let me preface it by saying that everyone is afraid of Activision after JAB was fired, and there is no one left to be the captain of the whole ship. Yberra is publicly having fun in WoW, and Jen Oneal noped the fuck out real quick after a few months to explore where "games and diversity intersect".

From the things that were brought to light, WC3 was a dumpster fire done by Activision/Blizzard execs not wanting to lose preorder money and clamping down on costs, and the leads like Pete Stilwell not being powerful enough to make the product work. Almost no one from that team is any longer at Blizzard.

OW is plagued by Blizzard bruteforcing that esport shit since the beginning, because they want that league money and sponsorship. OW2 was a stupid idea, but greed for "box sales" got the better of them, and rumor says that a lot of people walked out the door with Tigole.

It's clear that Blizzard no longer has any leadership worth their money, as they are not able to discover and promote talented people within the company. It's just that when people burned out and left, the seniority of the remaining people decided who should fill that void.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
More Bobby

This is apparently in response to this WSJ article

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
This came up in the Arcane thread. But Riot really is the company that people wanted Blizzard to be. They have multiple popular games. Released a TV show that is really well done and expands the universe. And having indie studios produce games that look pretty solid to expand the characters and stories. Really looking forward to the MMO they bring out eventually. At this point I dont see Blizzard coming back from this and would rather see other studios make games with these IPs.

Last edited:
  • 6Like

Cybsled

Blizzard did fuck up not exploiting that. An Overwatch animated series could have been immensely popular

• 3Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Blizzard did fuck up not exploiting that. An Overwatch animated series could have been immensely popular
It was too late by the time it was "Overwatch". Whatever ultimately broke Blizzard happened when it was still Titan.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>

Would of been even more hilarious when Blizzard had to name change their name character over rape if it was a animated show...

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It was too late by the time it was "Overwatch". Whatever ultimately broke Blizzard happened when it was still Titan.

We know from the #MeToo stories that Furor was screaming in front of Morhaime trying to save Titan. The situation must have been dire.

Hopefully we get a book someday with the full story-- as you said, that was the breaking point.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
But Riot really is the company that people wanted Blizzard to be.
Yeah, they even had the gender discrimination and sexual harassment lawsuits before Blizzard. Riot is clearly ahead of the curve!

Jokes aside, Riot is not incompetent, but the involvement of Tencent, especially in combination with their anti-cheating rootkit is very concerning.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
More Bobby

GGS Bobby you're next.

• 1Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
GGS Bobby you're next.
Honestly, Blizzard's downfall is probably deeply validating for Kotick. He doesn't have to play ugly duckling next to Blizzard and the folks at Irvine won't be around to snicker at his decisions to bet most of the company on buying King and ditch Bungie to focus on turning CoD into a PUBG-style BR cash cow.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Leak sounds belivable but good leaks always do because they draw on publically known information (like Danuser being an insufferable incel fanboy). I guess we will know when we see the next expansion.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Leak sounds belivable but good leaks always do because they draw on publically known information (like Danuser being an insufferable incel fanboy). I guess we will know when we see the next expansion.

Yeah I wouldn't put much stock in it lol. Someone's just venting their hate for Danuser & Ion the Faggoted.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
More Bobby

So I read the letter from Kotick. It sounds reactionary and defensive.

Desperate even. I can't see it going over well with the board. He did nothing to address the WSJ claims, and instead talked about inclusion and his diversity plan for the future. Almost disrespectfully and dismissively so.

I'd expect better from an A list CEO. That was some pretty bad optics. I'd guess he's on his way out the door? I can't explain the letter otherwise.

It reminded me of Greg Street's Twitter reaction to the Cosby Crew investigative article. Just very rambling and fat-mouthed.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think his dumb ass signed a new contract so he can be stripped of everything if they find he did anything remotely wrong. Not that he will ever be poor this could cost him.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>

L O L O L O L... these stupid retard faggots don't get it. Bobby couldn't give a fuck about what some slackjawed pronoun faggot in a dress has to say. These fucking dipshits don't understand they wield pretend power.

• 3Like