Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

Chris

Potato del Grande
Let's compare the resumes of these two people and see who would be making more from a logical perspective of how long they have been in the industry, how long they have been an executive in that industry, and how long they have been an executive at Fortune 50 companies in the industry (since those are the ones that pay executives retarded amounts of money). If you took all the identifying information away from those two resumes then there is one that you would assume is in another stratosphere of the industry as the other and has been there for over a decade; it isn't even close.

The fucking idiot who probably will face no consequences because he is too insulated by insider knowledge

The other fucking idiot who probably will face no consequences for being an idiot because gender

They can probably both afford to retire today and have their great grandkids not have to worry about money, so this is all dick swinging anyways.
Unless we are going off seniority and one having 30% more years worked, it is as I said. Game Studio executive vs Tech guy executive.

I want a game studio exec in charge of a game studio, not the tech exec from fucking Mixer lmao. Blizzard's online infrastructure is fine, their games studio is dogshit.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Like I said before, the way it works is shit and wrong. Pay should go into keeping and developing actual productive people, not who can spout enough corporate speak to fellate the CEO until compensation spurts out.

I bet you don't think Bobby should be CEO either since he makes shitty products.. what you fail to see because your being stupid is he brings in the cash. WoW being a good game means Jack and fucking shit when he is pulling in billions for the shareholders.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Like I said before, the way it works is shit and wrong. Pay should go into keeping and developing actual productive people, not who can spout enough corporate speak to fellate the CEO until compensation spurts out.

You have no fucking idea what it is like to run a company of hundreds, if not thousands of people. CEO make the money they do mainly to prevent downside. If a board of directors just had a company mismanaged to the tune of a $500 MILLION dollar loss then finding someone that can turn the next year's loss from $500M to $300M would be worth exactly $199 MILLION dollars for that one single year alone. The "golden parachutes" most morons like to talk about are the executives taking less salary up front and betting on themselves to turn the company around such that their millions in shares will go up 5-10x in a few years because they right the ship. Even then, sometimes righting the ship means still being in the red after a successful contract.

• 3Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
That is only useful for renegotiation of compensation. There is NO WAY to know who is going to be "productive people" on initial hires. And your idea that they are all the same and should be paid the same is SHIT AND WRONG.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Unless we are going off seniority and one having 30% more years worked, it is as I said. Game Studio executive vs Tech guy executive.

I want a game studio exec in charge of a game studio, not the tech exec from fucking Mixer lmao. Blizzard's online infrastructure is fine, their games studio is dogshit.
Your problem is that everything you say is in the context of the rank and file of company workers where it works exactly like you're talking about. For some reason you think this applies all the way to the top when it doesn't.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I bet you don't think Bobby should be CEO either since he makes shitty products.. what you fail to see because your being stupid is he brings in the cash. WoW being a good game means Jack and fucking shit when he is pulling in billions for the shareholders.
Bobby is a generic corporate leech who implements predatory policies to make himself look amazing short term, while undermining the long term future of the company.

I can't speak to the rest of Activision as I don't play their other games, but World of Warcraft would be making MORE money right now if they invested in creating regular good content instead of one patch and two store mounts a year. Like they did back in the day.

I'm sick of accepting incompetent mediocrity in EVERYTHING because technically on paper it looks good over the next quarter but crashes a few quarters later after the stock is sold.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Your problem is that everything you say is in the context of the rank and file of company workers where it works exactly like you're talking about. For some reason you think this applies all the way to the top when it doesn't.
But it should. I haven't see any benefit from these insane compensation packages, they all seem to be incompetent losers

• 1Moron

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
But it should. I haven't see any benefit from these insane compensation packages, they all seem to be incompetent losers

Because you have no idea what the real job of those "incompetent losers" really is.

• 1Like
  • 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Truth!

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

Even if it did work that way, seniority and 30% more years worked is probably something like 25-50% more in compensation.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Bobby is a generic corporate leech who implements predatory policies to make himself look amazing short term, while undermining the long term future of the company.

I can't speak to the rest of Activision as I don't play their other games, but World of Warcraft would be making MORE money right now if they invested in creating regular good content instead of one patch and two store mounts a year. Like they did back in the day.

I'm sick of accepting incompetent mediocrity in EVERYTHING because technically on paper it looks good over the next quarter but crashes a few quarters later after the stock is sold.

Bobby and the board both don't give a fuck about what you accept or the fact that fat losers spend 80 hours a week whittling their lives away on garbage. You are a cow to be bled to death, Blizzard has been making record profits year over year for more than a decade of Kotick, what short term gains.

Kid you need to face fucking reality. He brings in the money, top dollar execs bring in the money, a good product is simply a nice to fucking have, it's a bonus, get a fucking clue, and if Blizzard falls who fucking cares WoW is peanuts compared to candy fucking crush. Your stupid game isn't even an afterthought to these people. Now buy a fucking cat mount faggot and get spoonfed some SJW horseshit. The only person who should give a fuck about Jen supercunt O'neals employment is Jen Oneal.

• 2Like
  • 1NPC

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>

Compensation aside, maybe you should know that the quality and pay of a worker in the game industry (outside of executive) isn't how well the game did or how well it was received, but if it shipped and the total amount of games that shipped on their resume.

The More you Know (tm)

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Compensation aside, maybe you should know that the quality and pay of a worker in the game industry (outside of executive) isn't how well the game did or how well it was received, but if it shipped.

The More you Know (tm)

Hell people even have admitted Shadowlands still had the most box sales in history, but dumb dumb over here is talking about short term gains. Churning nonstop free monthly cash out of a 20 year old game isn't short term. For close to 2 decades they have been milking his cow.

• 1Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Pay should go into people that can do the fucking job, and if the job means making a game, you do that job well.
This apply everywhere in the entertainment industry, but games have remained exempt for some reason. SAG/AFTRA exists, game devs need their own version of this. We're seeing the beginning steps.

If Gal Godot or Dwayne Johnson decides they're going to gain weight and put on pounds for a job either has to be in shape for, and their contract involves getting her in shape and paying for a personal trainer and making sure they put in work for that job so people aren't taken back by their physical appearance on-screen versus the role they're portraying, then they must make their best effort to do that because that's their fucking job.

Problems occur when execs make unreasonable decisions, and those under them have no recourse. That's exactly the problem with Blizzard, their exec level management is the issue and they haven't faced consequences as they think they're too fucking powerful to be held by the same standard as 'peasants' like the upper/middle management folks are. This isn't a result of non-exec worker's mistake, but instead a executive decision that resulted in more of the same problems they had before because the root of the issue was never addressed: they aren't paying workers across the entire company enough.

Bottom line:
Race, gender, sex, doesn't matter - if people are living in your parking lot in vans, you already fucking failed as a company.

Kotick should have been outed months ago. Morally, the board should be gone too, but that won't happen if it's snakes all across the board, which it sounds like it is.
Change will only happen when the rats jump ship, and it'll be too late by then.

This thing about Jen O'Neal not being paid fairly is directly because there was zero transparency about company pay there, until she asked how much Mike Ybarra was making, was told a reply, and the reply she heard was unfair to her and anyone with more than one functioning brain cell. She was forced into a situation where she has to either lie to her workers about what's actually going on, or take initiative and tell them off, and leave herself, and she'd be extremely fucking comfy anywhere she goes, because she has a reputation of success and integrity behind her, especially with her leaving Blizzard and tossing the 'untouchables' a reality check on the way out.

By the way - lower pay is pretty commonplace across the entire industry even for talented individuals. If I quit my job today, and went to go work in medical software and even took a position hit (ie; a mid/junior position vs staff/sr. engineer), I could be doing 1/20th the work for 3 times the salaried pay, have better benefits, etc. Many in games right now are choosing that before they get emotionally invested into a predatory market that shows no signs of improvement.

• 1Moron

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Pay should go into people that can do the fucking job, and if the job means making a game, you do that job well.
This apply everywhere in the entertainment industry, but games have remained exempt for some reason. SAG/AFTRA exists, game devs need their own version of this. We're seeing the beginning steps.

If Gal Godot or Dwayne Johnson decides they're going to gain weight and put on pounds for a job either has to be in shape for, and their contract involves getting her in shape and paying for a personal trainer and making sure they put in work for that job so people aren't taken back by their physical appearance on-screen versus the role they're portraying, then they must make their best effort to do that because that's their fucking job.

Problems occur when execs make unreasonable decisions, and those under them have no recourse. That's exactly the problem with Blizzard, their exec level management is the issue and they haven't faced consequences as they think they're too fucking powerful to be held by the same standard as 'peasants' like the upper/middle management folks are. This isn't a result of non-exec worker's mistake, but instead a executive decision that resulted in more of the same problems they had before because the root of the issue was never addressed: they aren't paying workers across the entire company enough.

Bottom line:
Race, gender, sex, doesn't matter - if people are living in your parking lot in vans, you already fucking failed as a company.

Kotick should have been outed months ago. Morally, the board should be gone too, but that won't happen if it's snakes all across the board, which it sounds like it is.

This thing about Jen O'Neal not being paid fairly is directly because there was zero transparency about company pay there, until she asked how much Mike Ybarra was making, was told a reply, and the reply she heard was unfair to her and anyone with more than one functioning brain cell. She was forced into a situation where she has to either lie to her workers about what's actually going on, or take initiative and tell them off, and leave herself, and she'd be extremely fucking comfy anywhere she goes, because she has a reputation of success and integrity behind her, especially with her leaving Blizzard and tossing the 'untouchables' a reality check on the way out.

By the way - lower pay is pretty commonplace across the entire industry even for talented individuals. If I quit my job today, and went to go work in medical software and even took a position hit (ie; a mid/junior position vs staff/sr. engineer), I could be doing 1/20th the work for 3 times the salaried pay, have better benefits, etc. Many in games right now are choosing that before they get emotionally invested into a predatory market that shows no signs of improvement.
There will never be a game developer's union. Any developer with any talent can just rollover to any other industry to increase their pay and lower their stress. Actors and Screenwriters can't do that.

• 3Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

This is entirely wrong. Blizzard's problems are the problem of every company that has transitioned from innovation into perpetual profit generation; making mediocre products that keep the company afloat is preferred to risking years of sunk costs into something that might be great or terrible. The not paying workers enough IS NOT A PROBLEM AT THIER COMPANY. Every one brings this up but it is the same vocal minority bitching about not making enough while not acknowledging that they agreed to work for that pay and could go find another job this very second if they truly felt they were not paid enough

There is zero transparency about pay at every single fucking company and there are a ton of legitimate reasons why people in the same position would be paid different amounts. So she asked what Mike was making but did she ask why? What if she got a good answer? She was not forced into any situation that any regular executive hasn't been in hundreds of times before; but she decided to use it as a bargaining chit. We will see how it turns out for her in the future.

If what you say is true then you need to quit your job and go get one of those medical software jobs; make video games that you love as a hobby.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Bottom line:

You all are retarded, if the goal was pay transparency then this toxic cunt would of issued a statement of her compensation before and after the promotion, the pay she rejected when quitting and her colleagues pay. That didn't happen because nobody wants to disclose their pay even when talking about it you dipshit mother fuckers.

Also the executives aren't there to design a release a game you tardmo dipshits. They are there to make the company money. Whatever form that takes, also they can accomplish this goal with inferior products you stupid American Inventors.

McDonald's doesn't serve the world's best hamburger or even a good one, but I bet some of you moronic super faggots if put in charge would try and make a better burger because you are failures and stupid, and don't know how to make money.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Does Blizzard have a never ending supply of resumes of people willing to live in vans making dogshit pay?

If yes, they are actually overpaying these people. SUPPLY AND DEMAND FAGGOTS. No wonder the education system is a failure. You people don't know basic economics or business 101

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Does Blizzard have a never ending supply of resumes of people willing to live in vans making dogshit pay?

If yes, they are actually overpaying these people. SUPPLY AND DEMAND FAGGOTS. No wonder the education system is a failure. You people don't know basic economics or business 101
Case in point.

Candy Crush pulled in a solid $1.1 billion motherfucking dollars last year. I guarantee you there are not 100 developers on that team.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Case in point.

Candy Crush pulled in a solid $1.1 billion motherfucking dollars last year. I guarantee you there are not 100 developers on that team.
Yeah since Capitalism is King and running so well, they should scrap the MMO genre and just make mobile games. The matket can't be wrong!

• 1Moron